April 21, 2014 | 938 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - Very Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by brittanymarkle

I was a near life-long user of various Pantene formulations (gasp!) before I decided to do away with all sulfates and parabens and switch to natural products.

I have very limp, heavy, bone-straight hair. I've tried about 7 drugstore volumizing shampoos and none of them have had any effect on the volume of my hair. At this point, I don't really believe that a shampoo can actually provide volume. The only way they can help volume, is by not weighing the hair down by coating it with product that doesn't wash out.

This is why I really like the Burt's Bees shampoo. It cleans! The fact that it actually washes the hair without leaving residue behind makes it the best shampoo I've used. My hair is far less greasy than it used to be and that definitely helps with the volume. Plus the smell is amazing! My boyfriend is always trying to get a whiff of my hair and has even started using it himself.

THE REALITY OF IT:
It is more difficult to lather than a regular shampoo but will lather up quite nicely given enough product and water.
It is more difficult to work into the hair than other shampoos I've used as it doesn't have those nasty ingredients that make it slippery. I definitely needed the conditioner.
The conditioner smells pretty bad when you put it on but the smell rinses away and you're left with very fresh smelling hair that lasts days (I wash my hair twice a week).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

I hated this. It didnt volumize, made hair feel dehydrated, a bit greasy, & blah. There are better shampoos out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by SandsLife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this. I have very long hair so I don't wash it every day. I find that I need to use conditioner with this shampoo, but I find that with most shampoos so it doesn't matter to me. The smell is nice. Gives volume at the roots. And I find that it lightens my dark blond hair unlike most other natural shampoos which made it look more brown. The best natural shampoo I have tried and I always get complements on how nice my hair looks when I use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Rhyc

This is the first sulfate-free shampoo I've tried so far and I have to say I'm definetly liking it. After a month I haven't noticed a big difference in my hair's volume but it has gotten easier to style and shinier.
I read reviews so I knew that it wasn't going to lather and I was a bit iffy on that at first because I was afraid my hair would be gross but it's not really greasy to begin with so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. Loved the smell, reminds me of juice :P

It's only real downfall is that it's too drying to use on it's own but that's what the conditioner's for.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by becca352

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have extremely dry hair (from my blonde addiction) that gets oily at the roots, so I must wash it everyday. This shampoo made it even drier. My hair gets so matted up when I use this. Using my Terax Crema conditioner really helps, but after a week of use, my hair is extra dry. I did not notice any volumizing effects, but to be fair, I have not found a volumizing shampoo that works from any other brand either. The smell of this shampoo is great and it lingers in my hair, which I like. It is silicone free which is the main reason I purchased it. It is also sulfate free. I have not found a sulfate free shampoo that doesn't make my hair super dry so I don't know why I thought this one would be different. It will not be a repurchase for me and now I am still on the hunt for a non-drying, silicone free shampoo that has sulfates.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Qbee2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this shampoo and I use it everyday. It doesn't give you "sky high" volume, but a nice fluff.
I think what makes this shampoo different is the absence of 'cones. Shampoos with 'cones make my hair feel slicked up and flat with a feel like doll hair. Hate that.
This natural formula cleans but does not leave a too dry feel. I've noticed my hair hold its style much better since using this. It barely lathers which I think others may not like but this doesn't bother me. Rinses really clean.
Works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by supeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So, I have been using this shampoo for over 3 months... And I've never really try to observe if there's any volumizing effect on my hair because I bought it due to the raves of it being sulphate free and smells great.

Last month, I was cutting my hair and the hairstylist commented that my hair was very thick. And then I knew this shampoo really DOES volumize. Too bad I alr have big hair, I will try another of their sulphate free shampoos. Ppl, looking for sulphate free volumizing shampoos, try this one. It works! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by alli99

I have color-treated hair with a keratin treatment, so I need to use sulfate-free shampoo. It's true that shampoos without sulfates don't lather well. The trick is to wash your hair twice. The first time it's like you're not even using any shampoo. You'll get a tiny bit of lather. Then rinse it thoroughly and wash it again. The second time, your entire head will be full of lather, as if you're using a shampoo with sulfates. Try it. You'll be amazed like I was the first time I washed it twice.

As for the way your hair will feel after, I always use A LOT of conditioner after I wash my hair. My hair tends to be dry and will be very knotted if I don't condition. I can't even think for a second not to condition it. It's that bad. So, I use a really good quality conditioner. After I towel dry it gently I comb it out with a wide-toothed comb. I usually have no problem with any knots. My hair is clean, conditioned, smells great, and I know that I didn't use harmful sulfates. And, this shampoo only costs about $7 or $8. Perfect. Yes, I will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by wonderblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all I bought this because it is cone free and as someone with greasy hair I am paranoid about build up!
And....

I really like it! Honestly this for me is a great shampoo - yes it can be drying if used on it's own (I know this from when I've been in a rush and skipped conditioning) but 9/10 times I will use conditioner and when you do the drying problem goes away for me. Does it volumise? Well it certainly sees to - it definately doesn't weigh my hair down like other shampoos have in the past.

Now if you've got dry, damaged, curly hair I can see why you might not like this product, but for me with fine, flat grease prone hair this shampoo suits me to the ground.

As I've recently dyed my hair, once I've used this bottle up I am going to try the colour protect burt's bees shampoo - but if I find it doesn't help prolong my colour then I will happily switch back to this one.

Price wise this is pretty expensive for a shampoo but sadly most cone free shampoos are - that's the only real downside to this product for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by jsATC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an affordable everyday shampoo that uses more natural ingredients and hasn't been tested on animals. This fit the bill and was easy to find at Target, so I bought it and the conditioner.

The second it touched my hair, it all turned into a tangled matted mess. It's the strangest thing, I've never heard of a shampoo doing that before! I feel like I can't even get the lather worked into my roots because it mats down so much. And my hair is far from thick and unmanageable, so it's really surprising.

I figured I could deal with it if the shampoo/conditioner gave me a lot of volume as promised, but this does not deliver. I haven't noticed any volume or extra body at all. My roots start feeling greasy after a few hours and my bangs get stringy and flat pretty quickly.

I really wanted to like this stuff, but GRR I HATE IT! And it was sort of pricey so now I feel like I have to use it all up. Bleh. I can't wait until it's gone.