December 22, 2014 | 1692 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - Very Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by cbailey4111

I feel like a lot of people don't understand this product, or were confused when they bought it... It's SLS-free. It can make your hair feel tangled and dry with build-up from the alternatives used instead of SLS. That can be solved with a vinegar rinse for most people. My hair appears to have adapted after a few weeks to the point I no longer need to, because I used to use Chagrin Valley bars which did make my hair feel weird the first several uses. It is difficult to lather because it's not full of SLS type ingredients, but this doesn't matter because it doesn't need to lather to clean. That's just what the industry wants you to think.

On to my opinion. It gives a nice clean, and there's nothing weighing my hair down so I don't need to use volumizing products anymore now that I've gone SLS-free. I'm on the fence about buying it again. It works well, but I really can't stand the scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Karolyte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would never in my life buy this shampoo again. It did not volumize at all. It left my hair limp, super dry, roots became greassy very fast I would say in couple hours. The other thing I hated was the consistency it is soooo watery that it is hard to put the product on your hair without spilling in all. I do not recommend and will not buy it again bottom line.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2011 4:07:00 AM More reviews by jihunnie23

I'm pretty bummed. I have an important meeting tomorrow and had hoped this would give me a gentle, boosting clean. Instead, it dried my half so painfully that it made loud squeaking sounds when I ran my fingers through it. And SO MUCH. HAIR. FELL. OUT. Even now, as its drying, every time I run a hand over it, another strand comes loose. I cannot afford to lose any more hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by brittanymarkle

I was a near life-long user of various Pantene formulations (gasp!) before I decided to do away with all sulfates and parabens and switch to natural products.

I have very limp, heavy, bone-straight hair. I've tried about 7 drugstore volumizing shampoos and none of them have had any effect on the volume of my hair. At this point, I don't really believe that a shampoo can actually provide volume. The only way they can help volume, is by not weighing the hair down by coating it with product that doesn't wash out.

This is why I really like the Burt's Bees shampoo. It cleans! The fact that it actually washes the hair without leaving residue behind makes it the best shampoo I've used. My hair is far less greasy than it used to be and that definitely helps with the volume. Plus the smell is amazing! My boyfriend is always trying to get a whiff of my hair and has even started using it himself.

THE REALITY OF IT:
It is more difficult to lather than a regular shampoo but will lather up quite nicely given enough product and water.
It is more difficult to work into the hair than other shampoos I've used as it doesn't have those nasty ingredients that make it slippery. I definitely needed the conditioner.
The conditioner smells pretty bad when you put it on but the smell rinses away and you're left with very fresh smelling hair that lasts days (I wash my hair twice a week).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

I hated this. It didnt volumize, made hair feel dehydrated, a bit greasy, & blah. There are better shampoos out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by SandsLife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this. I have very long hair so I don't wash it every day. I find that I need to use conditioner with this shampoo, but I find that with most shampoos so it doesn't matter to me. The smell is nice. Gives volume at the roots. And I find that it lightens my dark blond hair unlike most other natural shampoos which made it look more brown. The best natural shampoo I have tried and I always get complements on how nice my hair looks when I use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Rhyc

This is the first sulfate-free shampoo I've tried so far and I have to say I'm definetly liking it. After a month I haven't noticed a big difference in my hair's volume but it has gotten easier to style and shinier.
I read reviews so I knew that it wasn't going to lather and I was a bit iffy on that at first because I was afraid my hair would be gross but it's not really greasy to begin with so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. Loved the smell, reminds me of juice :P

It's only real downfall is that it's too drying to use on it's own but that's what the conditioner's for.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by becca352

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have extremely dry hair (from my blonde addiction) that gets oily at the roots, so I must wash it everyday. This shampoo made it even drier. My hair gets so matted up when I use this. Using my Terax Crema conditioner really helps, but after a week of use, my hair is extra dry. I did not notice any volumizing effects, but to be fair, I have not found a volumizing shampoo that works from any other brand either. The smell of this shampoo is great and it lingers in my hair, which I like. It is silicone free which is the main reason I purchased it. It is also sulfate free. I have not found a sulfate free shampoo that doesn't make my hair super dry so I don't know why I thought this one would be different. It will not be a repurchase for me and now I am still on the hunt for a non-drying, silicone free shampoo that has sulfates.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Qbee2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this shampoo and I use it everyday. It doesn't give you "sky high" volume, but a nice fluff.
I think what makes this shampoo different is the absence of 'cones. Shampoos with 'cones make my hair feel slicked up and flat with a feel like doll hair. Hate that.
This natural formula cleans but does not leave a too dry feel. I've noticed my hair hold its style much better since using this. It barely lathers which I think others may not like but this doesn't bother me. Rinses really clean.
Works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by supeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So, I have been using this shampoo for over 3 months... And I've never really try to observe if there's any volumizing effect on my hair because I bought it due to the raves of it being sulphate free and smells great.

Last month, I was cutting my hair and the hairstylist commented that my hair was very thick. And then I knew this shampoo really DOES volumize. Too bad I alr have big hair, I will try another of their sulphate free shampoos. Ppl, looking for sulphate free volumizing shampoos, try this one. It works! :)