November 24, 2014 | 1892 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Eyeshadow Brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Maybe it's because I ordered it online instead of going to my Target or something, but this brush... holy cow does it shed.

Every elf brush I actually bought at a store? Amazing. No shedding, super soft, etc etc. This one I ordered online? Sheds like mad. As soon as I opened it out of the package, it started shedding. I also noticed a powder-like thing that flew off every time I passed my finger through the brush. Of course, probably dust from production or something, but I never notice this kind of things at the store itself. Doesn't matter either way, I always wash my brushes before using them because who knows who has been handling them... I don't want any of that stuff on my eyes! BUT, on the bright side, it still is incredibly soft and picks up product really well.

I'm not going to complain much about the brush shedding, because it was $1. For that price, I'll get another one once this one seems to run out of bristles... Which it will probably stop shedding soon either way.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by khrmyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good brush, densely packed bristles, has a soft feel, picks up a good amount of product, packs on color on the eyelid well, the handle is a nice pearly white & the ferrule is stable. Would suggest to anyone who wants a good basic eye shadow brush. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by ajb426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a fine brush. Especially for the price as it's only $1! It packs on color pretty well, isn't scratchy, and seems to wash well. However, I find it's too small, and I even have small eyelids. I like the Studio "C" eyeshadow brush better and that one is only $3. But this is a good back-up one because I didn't really want to spend $3 for a back-up (I'm a college student...)
P.S.- As it's so small and flat, you can pretty easily smudge eyeshadow on the lower lashline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is great! It's gets the job done! I've had my Elf eyeshadow brush for at least 5 years & it's still going strong! I use it every single day and it's never broke or shed at all. I use this brush for a number of different things. I really like it for packing the color on! I actually read a review down below where someone complained that its to stiff..lol. It's slightly stiff but just probably more dense, which is perfect for packing on color! I love this brush! I have no complaints and it was so worth the dollar I paid for it! This brush does exactly what my Sigma & Mac brushes do but better IMO. Five years and counting.. It's my lucky brush! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

I have 2 of these brushes. One was bought about 3 years ago (still in great condition), and one I got in a kit this Christmas. The older one is much denser and has a shorter handle. Regardless, both of them work wonderfully, especially for only being one dollar! Everyone needs one (or more) of these. Don't waste your money on expensive eyeshadow brushes when you can get this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by brooklynbass

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have nothing but good things to say about e.l.f.'s eyeshadow brushes. They work well to apply shadows and they get the job done. Plus, the brush only costs a dollar!!! For that reason I have many of them. Go get 10!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by bearpause

I heard good things about this and bought one and it was $h!t. Shed on the first use. I heard each one is different, so I will try it again. For $1 (or 50 cents on offer) why not?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is an ok brush. I am in the minority here I think. It sheds like crazy and feels stiff and scratchy on my lids. For a dollar I wont complain but I wont repurchase either. I think are better quality brushes for a few dollars more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by sauternety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is an amazing eyeshadow brush and I still can't believe it's so so cheap! I've been on the hunt for a good shader brush for the longest time and nothing seems to pack on color easily. This is great. Its just fluffy and dense enough to pick up all the eyeshadow you'll need on first dip, and is also wonderful at depositing color on your lids. My go-to for all my eyeshadow application, and really, come on, you just can't beat the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a ridiculously cheap brush, but it's amazingly good. Ok, not the best brush in the world, but it picks up and blends colour brilliantly. For the price, you couldn't ask for better.