December 18, 2014 | 1658 users online

Lip Treatments - MAC - Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 12:27:00 AM More reviews by jodela28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I freaking love this product, I am in love with this little pots. I have these in Take A Hint, and I plan to buy all of them soon before they sold out! The only thing I worry before applying it is the germs in my fingers. Its pretty unsanitary to dip in your dirty finger in there, so before I put it on I always have to use hand sanitizer first.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by mmlvr

I love this product! it's smoother and less sticky than lip gloss! i bought it in honey bare. it's not too shiny or too tinted. its perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by CafeAlaStef

These smell so nice and so soft on the lips! Not goopy at all - Provide a slight hint of color and have SPF in them! I did take off a lippie because I don't like the packaging - wish they were in a squeeze tube :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 9:30:00 AM More reviews by brianjenny17

i just bought tendertones in honey bare (2), take a hint, hush hush and pucker and i must say that is not enough. i absolutely ADORE tendertones. they provide moisture and have spf 12!!! i did think like everyone else before i tried this that it would be much like the tinted conditioner until i smelled it at the mac counter i was taken away! i immediatly purchased two, applying it at the mall made me realize i better hurry up and buy 3 more. it passed all of my lip product tests, it wasnt sticky, it didnt smell nor test bad (a good product that tastes and smells good is my weakness) the sparkle in it wasnt over powering and the boyfriend liked it. with the four colors i already have i would have to say that pucker is the deepest pigmented but only leaves a trace of color on my lips the other three are warmer and pinker shades that are also very sheer. i am definitaly loving the tendertones collection and will probably end up spending way too much money on it since it is limited edition and need to stock up (smart mac people!!) the price is a little high ive paid less & ive paid more for lip products but this is just a great product well worth the money and you only need to apply a little to get the effect that i love so i would have to say that they will probably last me until the next tendertones collection is out. those debating on purchasing this or not i would tell them to do it! &&buy alot!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 3:19:00 AM More reviews by eternalstarangel

I bought these in e-z baby, honey bare, sweet tooth, and shush! and I absolutely LOVE them. they're sheer with a pop of shimmer, making them very flattering on just about anybody. They feel silky on the lips and have a glossy shine without nearly the amount of stickiness a gloss has., and they smell delicious. They do have a slight odd taste to them (probably because of the fruity scent), but that downside is negligible compared to the amazing moisturizing aspect of these, which made me run out and buy it in 6 colors and get backups of two of those colors. I have yet to find anything that keeps my lips as well moisturized as these, and am really glad that Mac is bringing them back every summer. These are definitely my favorite MAC product, and I really wish they were a more permanent thing, as I feel that they are prettier and better moisturizing than mac's permanent line of TLCs. Other downsides to this product, besides the slightly odd taste are that this comes in a glass pot, which makes application a slight hassle, as you either gotta get a brush for them or use your fingers...which I find unsanitary... The glass pot is really cute, and I like it a lot, but it does take away from it's portability. (the container itself is fairly heavy, and there looks like a lot less product than there actually is because of how thick the bottom of the jar is)
edit: removed a lippie and returned a few of these to the store b/c i have a sensitivity to the sunblock in this product...which causes 'fever blisters' on my lips after a couple days of use. ;_;

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by gagirl08

I just received two of these in the mail today and they are great! I got them in Sweet Tooth (a coral color) and Take a Hint (a light pink). I think they are limited edition so they won't last for long but they are great especially with SPF in them! They live your lips soft and luscious and leave a hint of color that is perfect for work or summertime! I love these and will probably purchase more soon! They are pretty cheap for what you get! They will last a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by keik614

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

currenty own EZ Baby(three of these),Hush, Hush, Sweet Tooth, Tread Gently, Honey Bare and i really really like these! very moisturizing and most importantly it has SPF in it! great for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by hellokitty240

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I have it in sweet tooth. It adds some color to my lips, but very little. I have pretty pigmented lips and don't need much color at all. I do need the moisture which is great! my favorite part of this gloss though is the scent. It smells like your favorite childhood chap stick, you'll instantly think of lip smackers once you put this stuff on. I wish this product was year round, its great!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by LilaChubb

The MAC tendertones lip balms are a re-promote from last year. I purchased these in Take a Hint, Hush Hush and Pucker. These come packaged in little glass jars similar to those of the paint pots. Each pot weighs about an oz or two but since I carry around a lot of stuff in my purse, it's weight is hardly any issue for me. There seems to be quite a decent amount of product in the package and a little goes a long way. The product goes on creamy, not sticky like gloss and has a strawberry kiwi scent/taste to it. Don't expect too much of a tint though as these go on very light. I took a lippie off since I'm not too fond of potted balms, for hygiene purposes. So I either use a lip brush or make sure my hands are clean. Another minor downside is these tend to feel and taste a bit waxy for me. The balm tends to "smear" over my lips after some time. If you don't mind splurging a bit on tinted balms then tendertones is a good buy. I'll definitely repurchase these.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2008 9:45:00 PM More reviews by vmg85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought Take a Hint. A slightly frosty sheer bright pink shade. It goes on super sheer, but the color does kinda show up in pictures. I love that it has SPF, but it`s so hard that I have to try hard to get enough on my lips to be moisturizing. Decent staying power, 2 hours tops. I will definitley try some other shades, like a tan colored one this time.