April 24, 2014 | 1846 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - bare Minerals Foundation #2/#3 & Mineral Veil

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by tpeach

I am a product whore...LOL I use bare minerals off and on all the time. I hate the fact that it gets everywhere. I have a fine film of bare mineral dust all over my vanity. I wish they would come up with something in a pressed powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Chantel25

Mineral Veil minimizing lines, absorbing oils and softening your complexion it gives you a flawless finish. I absolutely love this product because I have very oily skin and this helps keep my face from being oily and shiny throughout the day. All you have to do is apply these products once in the morning or whenever you put your face on and you never have to reapply again. All of the products are infused with natural ingredients that allow you to sleep in your makeup without causing breakouts, however I personally do not sleep in my makeup and I don't really recommend this but to each it own so divas do whatever works for you!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by emily6678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually dont use this as a foundation, I use a little over my creme foundation to set it and keep it on longer. (I use the l'oreal magic smooth souffle) I think it works pretty good and gives my skin a flawless matte finish to it. Overall, it adds more coverage to my foundation, keeps my foundation on longer, and I like it a lot.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by linet182

I don't have a lot of acne, but I do have red spots. I would see infomercials on TV all the time for this product, so I figured I would give it a try. I went into Sephora and bought the whole kit. First of all it makes a huge mess. It has 3 steps I believe... Everything in my bathroom is white so you could only imagine how messy my bathroom would get once I would be done using this foundation.
Secondly it wouldn't cover anything. I don't have a lot of acne, but I do have red spots, it wouldn't cover anything. For how much I paid for this product I expected really great results. I ended up returning it. Only thing I liked about the kit were the brushes. Over all I would say skip this product and go to Target and buy some "CoverGirl" it's cheaper and you get better coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by krisvrn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very messy. Looked OK on my face. Will not repurchase, I can't stand the mess!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by monrouge

This Foundation is fabulous it leaves my skin looking flawless and it lasts the whole day. It takes a bit of practice to work with the brushes and get the right amount of coverage you are looking for. It washes off easily as well.

My only complaint is that all the little pots are the same and you have to open and close about 4-5 pots to do your face including eye makeup. I would probably buy it again but if something came along that didn't involve faffing around with little pots I would go for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Denniska

I was looking for some good foundation for my combination skin (oily T zone and dry flaky cheeks) for quite a while now, and after no luck with liquid foundations, I decided to give minerals a try.
First I didn't like it that much because although it was perfect on the oily parts of my skin, I still had flaky dry cheeks. But then I came across Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant and it totally changed the way makeup looks on my skin, after using the microfoliant, I use my moisturiser and then this foundation and my skin is flawless and the makeup looks sooo natural... love the Dermalogica Microfoliant, buy it! :)
So now I have this foundation in MEDIUM and I bought the matte version in light as well and what I do every morning is I mix 2 parts of medium with one part light matte and this works wonders on my face, not too glowy, not too matte, just perfect. I'm amazed how much coverage it gives me, hides red cheeks instantly and using a small firm brush locally on blemishes, it makes them totally disappear. Btw I have the Well rested concealer as well and LOVE IT, would recommend to anybody.

Some people say this foundation doesn't provide enough cover, but it's because they use the wrong brush!! BEST BRUSH TO USE WITH THIS FOUNDATION is definetly the BIONIC FLAT TOP BUFFER BRUSH from Coastal Scents, it's sooo soft, literally like feathers on your skin, no hair fall out al all - and I washed it many many times already, and because it's flat, it helps to provide perfect coverage, you'll love it! You can buy it here, they deliver worldwide http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm/product/2161_37/bionic-flat-top-buffer-brush.cfm

So I hope my review helped you, thank you Bare Escentuals, thak you Dermalogica Microfoliant and thank you Coastal Scents Bionic Flat Top Buffer brush for making my face look sooooo good :))))

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by luvteal345

Ive given this a chance for like 3 years and i really hate it. It makes my skin itchy, dry, and it smells weird. Plus its super mesy and expensive I have nothing good to say about it. Plus its super pricey not worth it at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by nosg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though Bare Minerals is kinda messy and on the expensive side, I definitely find myself buying it every time I run out...

I always want to try new foundations, but I always come back to bare minerals. I love that it is EXTREMELY light, has AMAZING coverage, and is actually good for your skin! I also love how this product is safe to "accidentally" sleep in (I know it's not good for your skin, but it has definitely happened to me....). The best part about that <--- is, when I wake up in the morning, I don't have make-up swears all over my pillow and my face isn't going crazy and breaking out!

Love bare minerals! Great coverage, good for your skin, and overall a product that I think I will alway go back to!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by internetgirl

Didn't feel like it did anything for me. I can use mineral foundation without this and my makeup lasts the same and looks the same.