Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation

on 1/17/2012 4:02:00 AM

I bought this make up and each time I've tried it (different seasons), after wearing it a while, my skin becomes itchy and then starts to burn. When I wash it off, then my skin is red and burning for days. I don't know why, but I just can't take it. I will sometimes wear it for a few hours, if I have some where special to go, but never in the summer time. It's even worse then. My forehead seems to be the worst when this happens and it also rolls off, if I run across my face.
I do have sensitive skin and there's something in it that my skin doesn't like. So now I don't wear make up at all :(

on 1/17/2012 3:49:00 AM

I got this mineral makeup after seeing it from a friend who looks great wearing it. It has great coverage and my face is glowy like I'm sporting a healthy tan. 'Blends well too and easy to use for quick makeup days. The only reason I didn't reach for this often is it doesn't help with my oily skin. I don't like the greasy look after a short time upon wearing it. But I'm not saying this powder won't work for everybody coz my friend who has a more mature skin than me, really benefits from using this. Her skin is not oily like mine, so she really benefits using BE. Although, I'm getting the shine with this, I would still repurchase. I could pair this up with my matte liquid foundation, just to give me a little "oomph" on places where I want the glow it gives. This will do great also on hot summer days if I want a wet beach look on my face.

on 12/17/2011 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bare Minerals is my all time favorite foundation! Obviously it's not a liquid, so its not heavy, won't slide, and it won't make you feel like you're wearing a mask. I did order the wrong color, but that was on my part. I'm reordering, but this time it will be in fair and not light. It covered blemishes beautifully! My skin was glowing, and you don't have to drag and waste product by applying it on your neck. It was wonderful! This has NEVER slipped off my face, and I get really oily during school. It's a little pricy, but it's so worth the splurge. Being a teenager, it made my skin look natural and fresh. Couldn't have asked for a better product!

on 10/14/2011 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I once loved this foundation. the mineral veil was always an eh product for me, but the other was so good I didn't mind that (they came together in a starter set though I repurchased the foundation several times). It was my hg for a few years, I loved the finish, its not for everyone, and it does impart somewhat of a glow, but no shimmer, no sparkles nor glitter. I find it has great coverage and can look natural if you mist with water or setting spray after. Very good staying power, plus color wise, I was able to find quite fair shades that skewed yellow rather than pink, not an easy feat. I also loved that it was truly the 5 minute face that magazines always give tutorials on, but usually take more like 20 or more.

I have a condition that causes my skin to not produce a natural moisture barrier anymore, so everything irritates it. I believe the bismuth was the culprit that did me in. One day I had redness, itching, bumps, and could no longer tolerate that ingredient. I believe it was due to my skin becoming more sensitive as my condition wore on, but really wish bismuth would no longer be included since so many reviewers cannot tolerate it. Sad because I loved the stuff, would still be wearing it if I could, have not found other mineral powders comparable in coverage nor finish at all. I will give it a 4 because it does what it claims to and well, but its simply not for me anymore.

on 10/14/2011 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Okay light diffuser in the winter, but if there's any humidity in the air this stuff just cakes and looks like sweaty greasy mess. It was included in my Bare Minerals starter kit, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought it in the first place. As is, I will definitely not be repurchasing.

on 8/29/2011 1:49:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I used to have acne and red spots, I struggled with finding a foundation that would provide good coverage, repair my skin, look natural and last all day, and then I found Bare Minerals Foundation!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!
I have combination skin, so some areas on my face would get oily whereas some would dry out and that had always been a problem for me until I tried this product. It keeps my face even all day, doesn't sweat off, looks natural and I never need to reapply. It even has improved my skin quality, I rarely EVER break out anymore.
I have some large pores on my nose and this product makes them disappear. It covers up any redness but looks sooooo NATURAL!
I had tried everything from drug store brands, to Clinique, Lancome and MAC but nothing comes close to BareMinerals foundation!
To people who say it looks dry or cakey, it doesn't, you just have to apply a moisturizer to your face before you apply, use a small amount of the mineral foundation, swirl the brush in the minerals, tap off any excess, then buff into your skin. If you require more coverage in certain areas, repeat the process.
It does not make fine lines or pores more noticeable for me, it actually makes my skin look flawless! I get so many compliments on my skin now and people saying how great and even my complexion is now.
I honestly don't think I will ever switch foundations, this is the best stuff by far! It lasts all day, sometimes I work up to 16 hours and at the end of the day it looks the same as I did when I had just applied it.
I love the new packaging with the locking sifter so you can put it in your purse and not lose any of the product!
The mineral veil, I just apply lightly like a setting powder and it keeps my makeup intact all day!
I STRONGLY reccomend this product to anyone who wants a natural, yet buildable foundation that is actually good for your skin!
I have got so many of my friends, sister and my mom hooked on this product once they saw the results that I got from it!

on 8/25/2011 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i got the bare minerals original mineral veil in a sephora exclusive kit. i didn't like anything that came with the kit, i returned it the week after. the mineral viel made my skin look dry, made my pores look bigger, and didn't control oil. it claimed to minimize pores and hide oil, it didn't do that.

on 8/10/2011 1:55:00 AM

I am a product whore...LOL I use bare minerals off and on all the time. I hate the fact that it gets everywhere. I have a fine film of bare mineral dust all over my vanity. I wish they would come up with something in a pressed powder.

on 7/6/2011 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Mineral Veil minimizing lines, absorbing oils and softening your complexion it gives you a flawless finish. I absolutely love this product because I have very oily skin and this helps keep my face from being oily and shiny throughout the day. All you have to do is apply these products once in the morning or whenever you put your face on and you never have to reapply again. All of the products are infused with natural ingredients that allow you to sleep in your makeup without causing breakouts, however I personally do not sleep in my makeup and I don't really recommend this but to each it own so divas do whatever works for you!!!!

on 5/29/2011 10:59:00 AM

I actually dont use this as a foundation, I use a little over my creme foundation to set it and keep it on longer. (I use the l'oreal magic smooth souffle) I think it works pretty good and gives my skin a flawless matte finish to it. Overall, it adds more coverage to my foundation, keeps my foundation on longer, and I like it a lot.