December 22, 2014 | 1825 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - TheBalm - BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Jessmarie215015

Highly recommended. I was sold on Laura Mercier and then decided to give this a try. This is better quality, more product, half of the price. This line will grow! Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

4.5 stars

I used to have to wear full coverage foundation everywhere but now my skin is starting to improve i wanted something lighter to wear when going to the gym/running errands etc. This have a lovely dewey finish and actually has a really nice coverage. i put a thin layer all over and do a spot treatment on my cheeks for some acne scarring. It looks like your own skin but better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by icefemme

This is a good product, I use it during the day and into the evening my face still looks healthy, this will be my favorite product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by emilily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product. It's light, weightless, leaves my skin feeling almost as though no product is on it, and helps to reduce how large my pores look and cover minor blemishes. Unlike foundation, TM does not cling to dry patches of skin, and actually helps to soften skin through the moisturising properties. I do wear moisturiser under this as I don't feel it's quite moisturising enough to wear on its own.
It's almost a one stop product, though I do like to use a light dusting of mineral makeup over the top to set it and provide extra coverage if I need it.
It blends well into my skin. Most foundation I've tried turns my skin yellow or orange, fake looking. The coverage on this is so light it doesn't leave my skin looking fake or made up, which is important to me.
The price was fair, $34AUD and seems reasonable for the product, cheaper than high end products but performing closer to those than to the lower end products.
I would recommend to anyone looking to even out skin tone but who don't want very much coverage, but want to cover pores. Love it!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

UPDATE:
I have awarded this a 5/5, because I have come to love this product even more. Its practically perfect in every way (as Mary Poppins would say)! It never makes my face oily, never breaks me out, looks so natural and lovely, blush and bronzer go great over it, the coverage is just perfect. Really, best TM out there.
***************
Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Combo/Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: I purchased mine from Amazon for $20
COVERAGE: For a tinted moisturizer, the coverage on this is fantastic! Light to a light-medium coverage. It evens out my skintone and makes my larger blemishes a lot less noticeable.
FINISH: The finish on this is not as dewy as most TM's, but it is not completely matte either. Its just a very natural, skin-like finish. I would say those with dry skin should wear moisturizer under this, and girls with very oily skin can skip moisturizer. I have combo, and wear just a bit of moisturizer under this.
TEXTURE: Creamy. Glides on the skin very easily
SPF: 18
LASTING POWER: This also has fantastic staying power for a TM. My skin can get oily in the T-zone area, I put this on at 10AM yesterday and it was still there when I took it off at 10PM and I only had to touch it up twice. Pretty impressive, eh?
SHADES: This is one of its downfalls. There is a light, light/medium (my shade), and a medium. The lightest shade is probably too orange for some porcelain girls, and the medium shade definitely is not deep enough for women with deeper skin tones. Light/Medium works great for me.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Nope
PACKAGING: Squeeze tube. Comes with 2.15 FL OZ., which is a lot given the fact that you only need a small amount of product for your entire face.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Yes!
FINAL VERDICT: I love this for the warmer months. I love my BB creams as well, but they are better suited for the winter.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by eeb01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am now using this instead of my Jane Iredale base. The Jane Iredale tended to look really cakey under my eyes, which is where I needed coverage b/c of discoloration. I can build Balm Shelter under my eyes without this happening. The light shade blends perfectly into my skin. I apply sunscreen, then Balm Shelter, then a quick dusting of powder. I've used fingers, foundation brush, and beauty blender to apply. Love the beauty blender best for applying this. Very happy with the coverage and no longer using base. What could be better!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by zeyneperkal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Great!! I work sometimes 10 hours a day, it doesn't move or harm my skin!!! I love all the balm products and this is just wonderful. I have a fair skin (not blonde) it just works great, the coverage is good enough for me i don't like the porcelain look on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Nyxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me start with my usual preface- I suffer from rosacea and dry skin. That being said, I do use a moisturizer beforehand (embryolisse) and find that this TM works beautifully in conjunction. I love it's consistency- thick enough to feel substantial enough to give me coverage, but not overly so that it feels heavy. I'd say it's the only TM that I have used that comes close to a foundation. I use the color medium and if for some reason it's not matching properly, (due to tanning, season, etc..) I mix in a few drops of MAC face & body in C3 and it is perfection. I found this on Hautelook for $12-$13, but would gladly pay its full price tag of $25 without question. I apply this in everyway possible- beauty blender, fingers, flat/round kabuki brush, you name it, it still comes out flawless. HG product for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is very very cheap here in Spain where I live, in fact most TheBalm products are, I'm SO glad! I'm also very happy because Spain seems to still be a long ways away from discovering that tinted moisturizers exist (as they seem to be a long ways away from discovering most modern makeup), at least at the drugstore level, so finding affordable tinted moisturizer here is very very very hard. (We can't get Boots, Laura Mercier, etc., all the usual brands of TM that you can get anywhere else in the world.) Anyways, I do like this tinted moisturizer, even though it's not my favourite. My favourite is MAC's. I don't usually like MAC's foundations too much, but I think their TM is great, blends perfectly and is a perfect colour match. I thought TheBalm's TM was a bit thicker and had a bit more coverage than MAC's, which isn't what I like, I like sheer coverage just to even out skintone and hide redness. I also have a normal T-zone and dry cheeks in the winter, and I thought that this TM made me look dry in the dry areas. I remedied that by using coconut oil as a moisturizer instead of cream. This TM spreads on like a DREAM with coconut oil as a moisturizer. It looks smooth, radiant, gives you perfect looking skin and looks like you're not wearing anything. Anyways, one lippie off because it did make me look dry when I used ordinary moisturizing cream. I also got the light-medium shade, since I consider myself fairly dark, NC30, and it was too dark for me! I very rarely wear the lightest shade in anything but it seems I would need to use the light, at least in winter, so that was another point I wasn't too pleased with, as I don't like looking unnaturally dark. I mean, it's not really noticeable, but it makes me look like I got a touch of a tan and at the beginning of spring that's a bit hard to pull off lol. Probably light would be too light, however.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by linachu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always hated tinted moisturizer because I felt they did nothing. Too sheer and not moisturizing enough. However it all changed once I purchased TheBalm's tinted moisturizer.

I use the shade light (I am NC20, Nars Gobi, Chanel B10) and it blends nicely into my skin. The texture is lovely, it is not to thick but not too runny. The coverage is light, but it evens my skin and covers minor redness very well. It also lasts on my oily/combo skin, but I always set my face with powder.