April 24, 2014 | 1856 users online

Loose Powders - Kryolan - Anti Shine Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite loose powder. Its great for super oily skin. It gives an airbrushed finish to any makeup and you only need a small amount. It can be drying, so only use a small amount. I am in love with this product right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by pasta

I love this powder. I have combo skin and it keeps my makeup looking matte and I only need one blot or touch up during the day. Would definitely repurchase.
3/23/11 Update: HG stuff but wish it came in a compact as it's messy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Mellsers528

Love this! I used to use Ben Nye's Neutral Set powder but after reading the reviews on this I decided to switch. It really does keep me shine free for a long time. I'm used to blotting every hour but with this and milk of magnesia I only need to use MAC's Blot Powder once throughout the day for a touch up. This has a great finish, it really blends everything together and makes it seamless. I really cake this stuff on too and it never actually looks cakey or obvious.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by sunfish211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My bff sent me some of this to try after I was complaining about oily skin & shine. This stuff works wonders! I don't like to shine or even glisten. You have to use this sparingly or you will get that white pasty Marie Antoinette look. I usually use this over my foundation and then put a little layer of MAC mineralize or blot powder over that. I barely have to touch up during the day. And I use all of my base makeup layers sparingly so it doesn't look like I have a lot of makeup on. If anyone doesn't like it, send it my way. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff & can't get enough of it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I still get a bit oily using this powder but it is probably the best mattifying powder I've used. The powder smells a little like vanilla BUT I have to be careful (for the first time) not to use too much or else this actually DRIES my skin and causes flakes to appear!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Bronz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Doesn't really work for me :( maybe shine free lasts for an hour more than usual but nothing special.
The powder is too white and can make me look washed out if i use too much but if i don't use enough it doesn't work argggh!
So now i just use this product if i am planning on going out somewhere special as it tends to break me out if i wear too often. Was hoping this was going to be the answer for my oily skin - So the search continues!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 8:55:00 AM More reviews by angel290385

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin and nothing i have ever tried from mattifiers, shine control moisturisers and countless powders work as well as this at controlling oil, in fact nothing has controlled it before this. The powder is white and you only need a little. It controls me all day. Give this a try! The only thing that I wish they would do is make a coloured version because if you aren't careful you can end up with a white cast on your face. The packaging is a sifter jar and doesn't exactly look pretty but i can forgive this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Don't know how many jars of this powder have flown by me already -- the one thing I know is I do not finish any makeup for anyone without it.

I use it myself on days when I know I will need the extra mattifying.

This is a must have product for any makeup artist.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Unfortunately not a 100% hit for me. It does reduce shine and it does absorb the oil BUT it was, first of all, way too drying for areas that are not too oily (got severely peeling skin on these spots, especially my forehead), and, second of all, it contains something that causes breakouts. While it didn't contribute to clogged pores as far as I have noticed, it did cause me to get a few huge zits (those you can't do anything about), which would stay for a couple of days and then would spontaneously dissapear. Allergic reaction? I am not really allergic to anything so I can't tell for sure.
I keep on using it though because it's quite good at keeping my very oily skin matte but very carefully and not all over my face. I've been using it for the past 2 months and the pot still looks pretty full.
Give it a try!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by GulieQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has only 2 ingredients listed: dimethylimidazolidinone Rice Starch, Talc. However is IS HEAVILY FRAGRANCED--BUT FRAGRANCE/PERFUME IS NOT LISTED ON THE LABLE!!! It is made in Germany, so maybe their labeling requirements are different than in the USA. I am extremely allergic to fragrance, but, because ALL the packaging SPECIFICALLY STATED that there were only the 2 ingredients (and not perfume), I tried it anyway--telling myself I was being paranoid. NOPE!! I broke out in an itchy rash all over my face w/i 5-10 mins.

I'm sure this is a great product if you don't have an allergy to fragrance, but if you do--STAY CLEAR!! The ingredient list on the packaging is NOT CORRECT!! Just warning you, so the same thing doesn't happen to somebody else!!

UPDATE: I just gave the backup of this product (I'd purchased 2) to a friend, and her jar had a label on the bottom that listed parfum as a/the third ingredient. My jar didn't have that!! AND, it's NOT listed on the outer packaging, nor on any of the sales sites I researched.