Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL

Alcohol denat. (from Organic sugar cane), Botanical fragrance blend, Deionized water, Lycium barbarum (Goji) powder, Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu plum) fruit extract, Epilobium angustifolium (Canadian willowherb) extract, Olea europaea (Olive leaf) extract, Alteromonas ferment extract, Chysanthellum indicum (Chamomile) extract, Oat amino acids, Glycerin (Vegetable), Vanilla planifolia.

on 12/3/2007 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This scent is very interesting. It reminds me a bit of Shalimar for some reason, but much sweeter.

I know that's strange. Probably the Bergamot and Vanilla combo.
Anyway. LAVANILA Vanilla Grapefruit starts out with quite a bit of sweet grapefruit when first applied; the vanilla kicks in rather quickly, giving way to a not overly complex, but simply beautiful, scent.

It is all at once a thick, sweet, citrus, and gourmand vanilla.
My husband rather liked it, and I, not normally being a big fan of grapefruit, am surprised that I think this is going to be a favourite eventually. It only gets 4 lippies for now, but I could see this going up to 5 very soon. We'll see.
Actual notes are:
Grapefruit, Bergamot, Lime, Orange, Cedarwood, Heliotrope, Madagascar Vanilla.
The texture is slightly oily(the rather impressive list of ingredients, like plum, goji berry, and olive oils explain this), but dries fast. Lasting power is excellent.
The scent itself is soothing, relaxing; the effect being not a vibrant citrus, but a sweetened, smoky vanilla.

edited on 11/30/2007:

This has become one of my all-time favourites. I never get tired of this one, and it's a perfect bedtime scent, as well.

My husband is in love with this scent, and so am I.

I can't even count the number of compliments I've gotten(from strangers, even!) on this scent.
In addition, the staying power on this is crazy long. I haven't tried the spray yet, but the roll-on lasts ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day long. If I wear it at night, it's still there in the morning, too.

I can't get enough of this, and think this may be THE ONE. I can't believe I'm saying that, as I am a perfume/b&b junkie - but this is quite probably my HG signature fragrance. And to think, when I bought the roll-on, on a whim, from Sephora, I didn't even think I'd like it! LOL! continued >>

on 11/23/2007 8:08:00 PM

Gorgeous, rich fragrance that is surprsingly decadent in scent. I was expecting a more citrusy smell to this fragrance with perhaps a vanilla undertone for some reason, but this fragrance has definitely succeeded in surpassing my desires for a vanilla-grapefruit combo "done right". Never over-powering, you cannot over-apply (even if you try). The rollerball design is perfect for easy application, and the bottle is pretty and small enough to display on your dresser or night stand, or simply throw in your purse for multiple applications throughout the day. I can't say enough about the richness of the fragrance itself. Tis truly a vanilla scent with a blending of true grapefruit essence ... can't be without now that I've found it ... and I'm not always a vanilla lover I should add. This one won't disappoint ... ♥

on 7/24/2007 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the combination of the two scents and the convenience of it as a roll-on. I do plan on buying the spray on soon when I get the chance. I always carry this perfume on me in my bag for when I need a touch up or if I'm in a rush to apply it. I love how easy its to target the spots.

Plus I love smell so much. It smells like ice cream and usually leaves me wanting to nibble on myself. Scent works well with me since I find vanilla and citrus scents go great with my body chemistry. I hope they never stop making this stuff. If they do, I'll be sad.

on 7/7/2007 9:54:00 AM

I love this perfume for summer! It is the perfect blend of clean and warm scents, fresh grapefruit with warm vanilla! The rollerball is excellent, as the previous reviewer said leaking! This perfume is also kind of an oil consistency so the staying power is was still on my wrist the next morning! The vanilla base is very authentic smelling, no sickly sweet or artifical gourmand smell, just light, clean and very refreshing. $15 USD for .33 oz @ sephora

on 5/24/2007 10:08:00 PM

OMG HOW CUTE?! LOVE the fact that they put vanilla grapefruit in such a convenient roll's still the same formula (healthy EDP) - AND the thing doesn't leak like some of my other I can stop carrying the big bottle in my purse! Just have to make sure that my friends don't steal it....they've already threatened to because our sephora sold out :( Only downside: The other two don't come in rollers!! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?! I want my pure vanilla roller!!

Popular Fragrances