Clinique Different Lipstick - Angel Red

4.2

castor seed oil - candelilla wax - caprylic/capric triglyceride - cetyl acetate - isopropyl myristate - beeswax - lanolin oil - myristyl lactate - avocado oil - ozokerite - carnauba wax - acetylated lanolin alcohol - ascorbyl palmitate - tocopherol - bht - [ /-mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - carmine (ci 75470) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - orange 5 (ci 45370) - red 22 lake (ci 45380) - red 27 lake (ci 45410) - red 28 lake (ci 45410) - red 33 lake (ci 17200) - blue 1 (ci 42090) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - yellow 5 (ci 19140) - yellow 6 (ci 15985) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - yellow 6 lake (ci 15850) - red 7 lake (ci 15850) - red 30 (ci 73360) - red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 12/6/2007 2:57:00 PM

Ugh! I hate this color. Too bluish for my tastes. Have many reds already that blow this away. No thanks!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So it seems that I have found my HG red. This looks so perfect on me and is beyond moisturizing. I absolutely love it! When you top it off with the new Bath and Body Works Frosty light pink shimmer gloss (this is a CO Bigelow brand but marketed at BBW). This was so cheap too I mean $14.50. It is a nice brown red but blue red at the same time. I am so excited about this lippy as I usually avoid Clinique as I do not find it to be all that nice of a product but this has changed my mind. For the holidays this color is perfect and I recommend that you go out and give it a try. For reference I am a NW45 with brown hair and blonde highlights. I tan (tanning bed) daily and this not only shows off my tan but does not make me look orange or too ruddy a great product! EDIT: On me this looks red and I had two people today when I was shopping asking what lipstick I had on.

on 11/26/2007 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I, for one, am thrilled with this lipstick! I have tried so many reds trying to find one that could be wearable everyday. This is it! Trust me, this is red but not so over the top that you can't wear it with jeans to head over to the grocery store. This is a keeper and very moisturizing. I usually shy away from lipsticks because they are usually not moist enough and I end up licking them off. This feels like gloss and does need to be reapplied every so often but I'm so used to gloss that I don't care. I also picked this up in glazed berry which is another great color. When I use this up, I will go get another. *edit* After reading the previous review I went and tried New York Color's sheer red. It is much better than this lippie. Save some money and buy that one instead. It lasts much longer and is only a buck! I RAOKed this Clinique one. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am cool-toned PPP (VERY PPP) with dark blonde hair (almost brown) and brown eyes with a bit of green in them. I love Clinique Angel Red. On me, it is a soft sheer red...and unlike the reviewer below, it is DEFINITELY red on me. No hints of berry on this PPP skin! It is a great sheer red, and my only complaints are that I do need a liner with it (I don't like to wear liner and avoid it when I can simply because it's another step in my makeup routine), and it doesn't last very long (it's one of their "Different" lipsticks, which feel very comfortable but never seem to last long). Its name fits perfectly--it's a sweet, healthy, angelic red. If you are looking for a Hollywood, glam, or retro red, this is not it. If you are just entering the world of red lipsticks, you should definitely give this a try, but also try NYC's Retro Red and Sheer Red. It is my opinion that these 3 reds are a good introduction to the world of red l/s as none of them are going to be too shocking to your system. :)

on 10/31/2007 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I feel a lot like the reviewer felt further down. I also hate to douse the fire for this lipstick but this was nothing but pure hype for me. First of all this lipstick does not offer full coverage of any kind so what you get is very sheer looking to begin with. If I am wearing a lipstick I want vibrancy and splashes of pure color. This is not a real red at all. Not even slightly. It's more of a muted berry lip balm which feels nice on the your lips but that was about it for me. I kept blotting and layering. Blotting some more then trying to layer again and still all I got was a muted almost dull looking berry. I even used Guerlain's infamous Lip Lift to remove all the color my lips might be putting out that could interfere with the pigment as a final test and still muted berry. I know why this is popular because all the positive reviews seem to echo the same thing. They don't feel safe with many reds and felt they could never wear any reds until this came long. That's because the only thing red about this lipstick is it's name! Indeed you couldn't get any safer if you tried. It's a very muted and safe berry color that has no vibrancy whatsoever. I would say it's safe to wear to bed but when I go out I want a luscious vibrant red carpet red no matter what they name it!

on 10/11/2007 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first experience w/ a red lipstick!! I have shied away from the color due to the fact I have yet to find one that looks good. Now I can wear this one with no problems. It is cool under toned and is slightly a sheerish type lipstick. It almost looks berry toned on me & maybe that is why I like it!! Does not chap my lips or have any funny after taste which is huge to me!!! I think this red lipstick could be worn by warm & cool toned ppl. I can wear both warm & cool colors with no problems.

on 9/20/2007 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I couldn't stop myself from purchasing this lipstick after I SWORE to myself that I wouldn't buy anymore makeup, lol. I have always liked the red lip, so old hollywood glamour. But I could never find a shade that wasn't a brash, excuse me but whore red color, lol. This is slightly darker red and it look beautiful against my pale skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes. I loved the way it felt on my lips to, nice and smooth. Now I can pair this with my black eyeliner and turn into my 50s pinups!

on 9/19/2007 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

this is a great red lipstick! i've been searching for years to find the perfect red lipstick. this lipstick paired with a lip liner makes it last a lot longer than it's meant to. after applying i blot & use a red gloss over top. i don't care for the scent though & wish it was a bit more moisturizing. if it was an amplified MAC lipstick in this shade, I'd be hooked.

on 9/8/2007 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the only red lipstick that I will wear. I usually go towards burgundy shades b/c most red lipsticks look too gaudy (IMO). But this one is kind of a soft red (if that makes sense) & it goes on smoothly & feels nice on my lips. Love it.

on 6/25/2007 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

After and extensive and almost lifelong search I have finally found my HG of lipsticks.
I was lucky enough to discover it by snooping through posts on the makeup board and am soooo glad that I did.
A little backstory: I'm a strawberry blonde freckled PPP with a retro/alternative style and I cant skip lipstick, I'm just too pale
So I LOVE red lipstick, I love RED RED lipstick. I've worn everything from MAC Dubonnet to Urban Decay Gash and every blue based bright red you can think of.
Somewhere along the way (probably around when I hit 35) RED reds started to look bad on me. it was too harsh and I coulnt pull it off anymore:(
Fortunately I found this lipstick!!!
Tbis is a soft sheer red that just looks perfect. It wears well, has a great texture and is all around perfect!
YAY!!