July 28, 2014 | 1618 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Different Lipstick - Angel Red

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Buttercup86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I couldn't stop myself from purchasing this lipstick after I SWORE to myself that I wouldn't buy anymore makeup, lol. I have always liked the red lip, so old hollywood glamour. But I could never find a shade that wasn't a brash, excuse me but whore red color, lol. This is slightly darker red and it look beautiful against my pale skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes. I loved the way it felt on my lips to, nice and smooth. Now I can pair this with my black eyeliner and turn into my 50s pinups!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2007 9:13:00 PM More reviews by twinkilass

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is a great red lipstick! i've been searching for years to find the perfect red lipstick. this lipstick paired with a lip liner makes it last a lot longer than it's meant to. after applying i blot & use a red gloss over top. i don't care for the scent though & wish it was a bit more moisturizing. if it was an amplified MAC lipstick in this shade, I'd be hooked.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2007 8:28:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only red lipstick that I will wear. I usually go towards burgundy shades b/c most red lipsticks look too gaudy (IMO). But this one is kind of a soft red (if that makes sense) & it goes on smoothly & feels nice on my lips. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2007 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Belladonna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

After and extensive and almost lifelong search I have finally found my HG of lipsticks.
I was lucky enough to discover it by snooping through posts on the makeup board and am soooo glad that I did.
A little backstory: I'm a strawberry blonde freckled PPP with a retro/alternative style and I cant skip lipstick, I'm just too pale
So I LOVE red lipstick, I love RED RED lipstick. I've worn everything from MAC Dubonnet to Urban Decay Gash and every blue based bright red you can think of.
Somewhere along the way (probably around when I hit 35) RED reds started to look bad on me. it was too harsh and I coulnt pull it off anymore:(
Fortunately I found this lipstick!!!
Tbis is a soft sheer red that just looks perfect. It wears well, has a great texture and is all around perfect!
YAY!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Starsweeper

I love this red!!! Great name for a great color! I wear this lipstick when I'm onstage in plays, because it's beautiful and reliable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2007 12:47:00 AM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hate to throw a wet blanket on everything, but, honestly, I have tried very, very hard to love this lipstick. But I finally gave up. To me, it isn't red -- and certainly not brownish red. It's deep pink and it's goopy. And putting more on makes it just way more goopy. I really, really wanted to love it and hung on to that hope for much too long. Sad, really. As for it being a true red, I don't see that. If you want true red, try Clinique's Red Red Red.
ETA: I have decided to give Angel Red yet another try. I just can't give up on it!
ETAA: I've tried it and tried it. It's messy and much too bright. I will keep it and wear it mixed with something else, maybe Revlon Bali Brown. That seems to work ok.
ETAYA: I finally gave up on it and got rid of it. It was just too slick and glossy and wasn't red at all. I'm sure it's perfect for other people, though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2006 3:46:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Too sheer, too bright for my NC35 complexion. They ought to call it lip gloss, not lipstick

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2006 7:52:00 PM More reviews by spooky_natalya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i don't see what the hype about this was about. it feathered, barely stays on and is more of a tint than a lipstick, i was really disappointed. blah to clinique.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2006 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Aether

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow this is so gorgeous its untrue! I really cant carry off red lips too well (very small lips and naturally flushed cheeks) So despite the great reviews I was wary of getting my hopes up. Turns out I didnt need to worry :D This is perfect for me! Soft, silky texture, layerable, a true red without those horrible yellowy tones, sheer red. Makes my lips the colour of shiny cherries. Think my lips are too small for such bold colours, but its lovely to pull out with some power heels every once in a while. Black/brown hair, brown eyes, blue toned skin, medium pigmented lips

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 3:35:00 PM More reviews by sassydaphne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just want to add my praise for this classy, wearable red. Works great in the winter when I'm pale or now with sunkissed skin. With a lipliner base, it lasts pretty well even though it's creamy. As others have said, it seems to be a true, even red. I hate orangey reds and this has no hint of orange or brown. Just perfect. A Holy Grail.