November 27, 2014 | 1701 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Kallisandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The wipes are so much better, these pads feel really dry. It doesn't even remove waterproof makeup well. Leaves a greasy feel. Why isn't Neutrogena more consistent?

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by colombianaj93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Can i just say how horrible this is? honestly so first when i tried to remove my makeup the pads irrated my skin, so really they are not "extra gentle" and they didnt not even do the job of taking everything off as well as a liquid form would. a, because they wouldnt work i had to scrub even harder to see if it would even do anything, making it not gentle at all, do not buy this you're better off with the Neutrogena eye makeup remover.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by chesney

I only bought these because they were out of the Neut. remover in the bottle I wanted to try. I agree with the others who said they were too dry. I flipped the stack as suggested in reviews, if I hadn't done that I couldn't have used them at all. They are gentle but they didn't remove my makeup very well and I don't use heavy eye makeup or anything waterproof. What's the point of a gentle remover if you have to put more pressure on your skin to make it work?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Steph1820

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know why this product has such bad reviews. The pads were NOT dry, they were perfect. They were super lush and soft, and actually a little TOO big because they quickly took off my eye makeup, leaving a lot of unused pad. I love them!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by jodeygtaylor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh! They need to reformulate this product or something because it doesn't do much. I mean the first time you open it, its all dried out. The only good thing is that it IS gentle but that's it because it takes about two pads to attempt to get my eye makeup off. I would never repurchase. Waste of time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by whoshore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't give this product a hellish review because it does get my eye makeup off, but maybe that is more of a testament to how well my mascara primer aids in mascara removal. However, I'm with everyone who thought these things were dry as a bone. I found that they work better if I put some water on a pad just before I use it. I even looked at the jar closely to see if "add water" was part of the use instructions. No, it isn't. But that is the only way to really make these pads work. I have to wonder if the pads aren't so big and fluffy that they soak up all the remover, but if so, that is a design flaw. Won't be buying these babies again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by lauradfromnc

I bought these for $2.99 on clearance at CVS. The original price was $7.99 which is utterly ridiculous. I will reuse the little jar to make my own eye makeup remover pads by putting my Mary Kay eye makeup remover on some store bought cotton pads because I will never buy these again.
I'm not surprised by the negative reviews. These pads don't irritate the ey because they're not very wet. Some people may like that but I feel like I am pulling way too much on mydelicate eye skin. They are soft and the texture may work if they had more liquid on them. I tried turning the stack upside down in the tub since I thought maybe the pack I got was a little old, but they are sealed and I have seen on here that everyone has the same problem.
I just cannot recommend them. Save your money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by TwoBostons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What an awful product. I love the Neutrogena makeup remover wipes, so I figured these would be a natural...NOT! They are very stiff and thick, about the size of 6 m/u remover wipes stacked up together, and have a fuzzy sort of texture. The eye pads were also almost completely dry--even at the bottom of the container. The package was sealed, so the problem has to be with the amount of liquid added to the pads to begin with. I do not want to have to scrub my eyes with something as thick as an old-school hiking sock in order to remove mascara and eyeliner. Even with the scrubbing the m/u did not come off completely. I will not repurchase these. Back to my Neutrogena wipes, which have reliably worked for years.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by KDilallo

These pads were horrible! I was looking for something that would not leave an oily residue on/in my eyes. They looked like they would be soft and an easy one-step remover. Maybe they didn't have enough makeup remover in them....I don't know....but they sure didn't remove my makeup. I even held the pads to my eyes for 20 seconds each and it didn't budge anything. I ended up throwing these out halfway through the package - what a waste of money!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Shannonjc1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I figured sinse I love the Oil Free eye makeup remover that these pads would be just as good. WRONG. Pros- Large pads, very saturated, smell clean, not oily
Cons-Doesnt take off eye makeup too well. Tend to dry out in the container near the end of the container

I had to wipe and wipe to get all the makeup off my eyes and it burns too.