Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, isohexadecane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetraria islandica (Iceland moss) extract, propylene glycol, methylparaben, sodium citrate, benzophenone-4, 2-bromo-2-nitroprophane-1, 3-diol, sorbitol, phenoxyethanol, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, CI 19140, CI 42090.

on 5/12/2010 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is nice on the eyes, it doesn't sting me or leave much residue, it kinda feels like water which is good. It removes even waterproof makeup really well.

on 4/23/2010 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I picked this up when CVS clearanced their Boots line a few months ago and I am thrilled with it. It removes the toughest eye makeup with a few swipes and leaves behind soft, slightly oiled skin.
I experienced no eye sting with my sensitive skin.

on 4/18/2010 1:46:00 AM

This is the greatest make-up remover I've ever bought. Make-up easily glides off in just a couple of swipes and considerably inexpensive. However a little goes a long way as it's kind of too oily.

on 4/14/2010 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This product really works to take off waterproof mascara as well as the MAC liquid liner I use. You get a lot of product for the money and you only have to use a tiny bit!

on 4/13/2010 6:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I don't really wear much eye make up - when I do it's only eyeliner and mascara. This stuff is quite good at getting it off (haven't tried it on waterproof mascara though), but it is really oily.

It's really good value though - 3 for 150ml, which will last for AGES because you only have to use a tiny amount on a bit of cotton wool.

The bottle makes it look all organic and quite expensive, even though it's really easy to knock over or spill it when you are putting it on cotton wool.

So I guess this is quite a good eye make up remover, especially for it's price, but I really don't like the oilyness of it.

on 3/22/2010 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm currently on my third bottle, and I've no plans of stopping there! I love this make up remover, like most oil-based remover it's got the two different layers which you've got to shake before use. It removes all my eye make up, even waterproof mascara-without any form of tugging or pulling of the skin! Before I would swish it on a cotton pad three times, enough to soak it, and place it on my eye for 3 seconds. It quickly removes the make up, it does it so well that you can still see how the make up was applied, almost as if someone had drawn it on the pad.

It does have an oily feel to it, but I've experienced worse. Although I found that if you don't wash it off completely it does leave a residue that can cause dryness so much so that you can see flecks of dry skin.

My current rituals involves this being used in conjunction with Ponds make up wipes, I use half of the sheet for my face and the rest soaked with a tiny amounts of Boot MU remover then wipe the residue off with the other side.

Will continue to purchase this as the bottle is quite sturdy, I take it with me everywhere! I love the metallic cap, doesn't come off.

Highly recommend it!

on 12/16/2009 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this as a less expensive alternative to Lancome's ever so popular and well loved eye makeup remover. The label read 'removes waterproof eye makeup', but I was skeptical at first since other products that claim to do that have fallen short on results. Well, I give this one a huge 2 thumbs up! I only wear waterproof mascara and black eyeliner, so it's pertinent that I find something that'll easily remove them without having to scrub my eye and stretch the delicate skin. This product does exactly that and exactly replicates the Lancome product minus the hefty price tag. It doesn't leave any greasy residue. It also leaves the skin around my eye feeling silky soft. I will definitely repurchase this in the future!

on 12/13/2009 5:04:00 PM

First of all you have to shake it before you use it which is annoying. It leaves a horrible oily residue on your face which means you have to go tugging at you eyes with a cleanser to get it off and aswell as all that it burns!! Never had such painful skincare product...seriously ouch :( Would not but again.

on 11/6/2009 6:06:00 PM

Have been using this for a while, have tried the clinique TTDO and lancome bi-facil, this is basically the same product but way cheaper. the packaging is not great especially when trying to take make-up off in bed! It takes my super industrial waterproof mascara off in seconds and I also use it all over my face to take every scrap of make-up off. You do have to use a toner after tho as it leaves a oily film that could lead to break out central! For just under 3 it's a real must have.

on 10/26/2009 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

You know the story, I bought this when Botanics was first launched in the UK, so that was maybe 10 years ago, thought it was good but never repurchased again it until recently. I was concerned that the remover I was using was making me tug too much on my eyelids, so I wanted an oilier consistancy. I decided on this because of the dual level, similar to Clinique's TTDO but without the hefty price tag. This is under 3 in the UK and works really well. I shake it well and use a cotton pad and a cotton bud to take off any e/l residue. It takes off almost everything without needing to rub or tug at the eye. I would like it if the lid was more secure but other than that I think it's great, and good value for money.