July 29, 2014 | 2043 users online

Hair Color - Redken - Shades EQ

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Daphne1988

Ive used this product a couple of times in school and for some reason I didnt like it, I think it was the consistency. I really dont remember. But I just recently used this product on my sister in law on her highlights and it looked great! I actually plan on using this product again. I also love it because its deposit only so for example if its a light color it willl only dye the bleached areas or lighter areas, it wont lighten a dark area. Not messy at all! I also would like to add that redken has awesome colors! I love the KICKERs. I actually love any redken product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 3:56:00 AM More reviews by 67tempest

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before I had so much grey hair I had this applied by my hairdresser religiously every month.... it actually makes your hair silky smooth and so super glossy I loved it.... now with so much gray... I have permanent haircolor applied now... I highly recommend this product it's fantastic and you won't regret it....

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by heartsp1986

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh wow! I have been a Revlon Colorsilk woman for years. But I made a coloring mistake by playing around with the Frost and Glow last night. I ended up with bright brassy yellow highlights. Definitely not my color!

Out of frustration, I decided it was time to visit a salon instead of trying to fix it myself. The stylist and I talked it over and I decided to give the Redken EQ a try. I'm so glad I did! He mixed Mojave and Chestnut for a semi permanent color. The end result? A beautiful chestnut copper mix. I love this more than my HG medium golden brown in Colorsilk. My hair is feeling soft, looks healthy, glossy, and I'm enjoying the multi tones it produced over the highlight disaster. :)

This may be HG part II

Unfortunately I had to come back and remove some lippies. The EQ color washed completely out after one shampoo! And I took care to use a non clarifying shampoo. It left me with bright brassy copper penny hair. I went back to the salon today to have this fixed. This time the stylist talked me into going with permanent color, a brown with gold tones. I thought, ok, how can brown mess this up? It was Redken Colorfusion. I ended up with hot copper penny roots and paid $70 for it. I'm extremely mad and will be going back to my Revlon colorsilk. Now I remember why I stopped going to salons a long time ago! grr.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by lizavet8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First, I apologize to all the hair color professionals, because I bought this on eBay! I used 9Nb, Irish Creme-I have ashy, heavily highlighted hair, and I wanted to tone it down a bit for the winter. I applied an ounce (30mL) each of color and glaze activator to dry hair, covered with a cap, and heated with a dryer for 20 minutes. The color is beautiful, neutral, still highlighty, just...deeper and shiny. I've washed it four times since, and little has changed so fa. It's a great product.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 10:09:00 AM More reviews by misspinupgirl620

As a stylist its hard to find a true to tone glaze. This stuff is fantastic, very vibrant,very alive, and it gives a great non brassy look to blondes. The only thing is they are very porous so as fast as the hair is gona take this in, its also gonna come out quickly too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by johnsod8

What a great product. I buy this stuff on Ebay and now the space between my salon visits are much longer as I can refresh my color and highlights myself. So many great colors to choose from and so easy to apply. You never have to live with brassy or faded highlights or color again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 9:18:00 AM More reviews by youngnjaded

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is my favorite color ever! Its true that it does not last too long but you have to touch up the roots every month anyway so that doesn't bother me. the color selection is gorgeous and varried- unlike many drugstore colors who have (ash, neutral, golden) Redken uses lots of different bases. For example, 90% of drugstore ash brown turned green on me b/c it was a blue base. My hair has tons of yellow, yellow +blue= green. but shades has different shades of ash, making it much easier to get the color you want IF you know your hair. I grew especially dependent on these when I went blonde because it kepts the brassy tones away without really damaging your hair.

here is the color chart

you can find this stuff on ebay or professional beauty supply stores. One last tip- try to use a sulfate free shampoo to keep the color longer. These do wash out fairly quickly, though processing time and heat can help.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2007 5:02:00 PM More reviews by bluediva

Love this hair color! It's salon-grade stuff, with a gorgeous selection of shades. Shades EQ are demi-permanent, meaning they fade out over 4-8 weeks (less for the red tones, IMHO) and contain a very very minimal ammount of amonia-type activator. There is no chemically smell when you use this, and it produces gorgeous shine, does not seem to damage my hair (when applied properly and for correct length of time), even after repeated applications. The selection of shades has been developed to allow professional hair colorists to adjust, repair, and compensate for bad color jobs, drastic shade changes, and extremely damaged hair. There are lots of ashy tones (even some that are obviously green and lavender) that are meant to be used to cancel out brassiness and orange tones) and a fantastic selection of reds. I'm a PPP and I love the "merlot" and "orchid" shades. There is a gloss coat product (no color) that I have not yet tried, but I've seen it do great things for other people's hair. There are also "color shots" of highly concentrated vivid pigments (e.g. red, blue, violet) that can be added in small quantities to the regular shades to intensify the color. My stylist told me they blow Punky Color out of the water for intense unnatural hair colors. If you can buy them as a pro colorist, they are very affordable, but of course, salon application is much more expensive. Anyway, find a hair colorist who uses these and check them out. I'm never using drug store semi-permanents again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2007 12:22:00 PM More reviews by laceylew

I LOVE Shades EQ! It is THE BEST for the shine factor. However, it is semi-perm & begins 2 fade after a few washings. Still, the shade selection is fantastic & the quality of the product is outstanding!