September 2, 2014 | 1871 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

There are two foundations I always use and always will: Bare Minerals and Revlon Colorstay; but the BM is lousy for travel, so I decided to give this a try, and I am very pleased. The packaging stinks, the product is too expensive, but I'll buy it because it goes on easy, fast and looks great. Plus, you can just toss the whole thing in your bag and not worry about having the correct brush for application. I also use the mattifying powder in the same type of packaging, and I love it as well. There are some days when I want something that goes on fast without a lot of fuss, and this does it for me. I just wish there was a better way to package it and still include a brush that doesn't have to be carried separately from the product. I am NW 20-25, and I use Natural Ivory, 461 C1/2 and it works beautifully.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product provides a very full coverage but at the price of chalkiness and scratching caused by the brush. Unfortunately, a moisturizer or soft kabuki brush doesn't help. I wasn't ever able to get this to apply evenly.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by WinkaWay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

- Colors: I've used this for a couple of years. It was actually the first foundation I ever tried, and I kept using it. It comes in three tones, each tone has about five shades.
The tones are warm, neutral, and cool. I have consistently used the lightest shade of the neutral tone, "soft ivory." I tried the warm tone of the lightest shade over the summer for some deeper color and found it to be positively pink. I returned it and went back to my usual neutral; the next shade up in the neutral tone is starkly darker! It would not have matched my skin at all.

- Powder: The powder is very...iridescent and can be messy. I find I have to hold my breath if I'm applying it heavier; the powder will get in my nose otherwise and hurt my throat. Definitely cannot apply this sitting down, especially if you're wearing dark colors. It gets all over. It's light and goes on easily, clings to my skin after I use toner, but not when my skin is very dry.

- Packaging: It comes with enough powder for me to use at least a month and a half, and I use it every single day before leaving my house and then again later for touch ups. It comes with a brush that is a little rough, but it is the best quality of brushes I've seen come with a foundation.

- Coverage: I have some acne marks or minor blemishes. My skin tone is not completely even. The reason why I like it so much is that gives perfect coverage. Like, completely masks any marks on my skin. This is the best in terms of coverage. It makes a smooth and even finish that is matte. I've gotten many compliments on my skin wearing this.

- Skin reaction: I've never had any breakouts with this, and it doesn't make current breakouts worse. I have acne prone skin, mostly kept in check with birth control pills. I also have oily skin. This is why I stopped using this foundation. I switched to MAC's pressed powder and was amazed - my face wasn't oily within a few hours like it is with this foundation. It also combines sort of with the oil on my face, especially the nose area, and sort of runs. With MAC, I can wait till evening to use blotting sheets. I would not recommend this foundation to someone with oily skin.

- Price: I find this cheapest at Walmart for $12. Drug stores like Rite Aid or grocery store Pathmark sell it for $14.99 to $16.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by licoricepirate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ran out of Everyday Minerals (best mineral makeup ever..), so I decided to give this a try. It covers like a b*tch... even without concealer underneath... now i just need to see how it wears.

*edit* 4 hours later... seems to be wearing off... grease showing through. i blew my nose & it rubbed off on tissue. Everyday Minerals is still my fave.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by ontario88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this product for about four years now.
The packaging is terrible, always spills, makes a mess.
The foundation is great for people with normal to oily skin, not for people who have dry skin.
The powder will only stick onto your face with a primer or using a cream beforehand. I do recommend this for people, its just not for me anymore... I switched to liquid foundation now for dry skin.

ps.I always got compliments on how flawless my face looked with this product on.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2012 6:36:00 AM More reviews by nadito

Awful powder I expected more. The package is terrible spills every time and have to clean up counter after every use. Brush is too hard on skin leave me this unpleasant feeling after use. The powder itself makes my skin shine faster than without powder which I find really bad for a powder. After use I had breakouts that I usually rarely get. Overall terrible product, will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by dellajaz24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is amazing makeup! however my skin is really pale and the lightest shade was quite orange so i had to stop useing it. also it made my dry skin look wrinkly and like a dried up prune! other than that, the coverage is amazing and it looks great in summer coz it works with your skins natural oils to create that dewey flawless look :) wish there was a more ivory shade for my skin and id definately buy it again but id use a better primer,moisturiser or cream foundation first to avoid that dried wrinkly look lol

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Belle7x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

In terms of my skin type, this is the best foundation I have ever got. I have oily spot prone skin. The coverage with this foundation is amazing and it's great at controlling excess shine and oil. It rarely breaks me out too and I don't need to reapply it as the day goes on. I have always had trouble with my oily skin and it becoming shiny after about an hour of wearing foundation but this powder keeps it under control. However the lightest shade is still a bit dark for me so when I am applying it for general daytime use I use a looser powder brush which allows me to apply it on lighter but it still gives me that great coverage. Only when I am going out for the night I would use the brush that comes with it. I really don't like the packaging of it as quite a bit of the powder ends up on the bathroom windowsill when I'm applying it to the brush. I do think it is a bit pricey but in terms of what this product does for me it is worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by bittersweet_emily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

After using heavy liquid foundations for a long time to cover acne and acne scars, I changed to this. It can accentuate my pores and fine lines a little but the coverage is good, its makes my skin tone look even and my skin has improved a lot since using this. I love how light this is, I don't need to worry that my face is cakey and make-up is coming off in patches after a night out. I still need a little concealer on breakouts but they don't seem to happen much anymore! I wouldn't recommend this for sensitive skin, my skin sometimes gets a little itchy.
The packaging is good because I dont need to carry around a brush in my bag, however the lid sometimes unscrews itself in my bag and the powder goes everywhere! Very annoying.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by AdelaideHanoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation has a very limited choices of shades. As my skin is very pale, this foundation doesn't go with my skin tone at all - not even the lightest shade! After applying, the skin seems a bit "shiny", which I don't like at all. The L'Oreal Bare Naturale, which is the same line, has a broader selection of shades, and it also has a more matte finish. So, if you prefer the matte medium-full coverage look, I would choose the Bare Naturale version of this foundation :) However, if you're blessed to have a darker skin color this might be the foundation for you!

About the packaging. You get a good amount of foundation for the money, but it tends to get stuck under the lid. Overall the packaging is poor.

Also, I would recommend buying a seperate brush, as the one you get with it might hurt your skin, since it's a bit "stingy".

PS: This product contains bismuth, which may cause allergic reactions. If you suffer from this, but like the foundation you could go for the L'Oreal Bare Naturale mineral foundation, which is without bismuth.