October 23, 2014 | 1298 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Buttered Tan

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 12:44:00 PM More reviews by warfreakbaby

i love this foundation. perfect on my NC35 skintone. i heard that this is the right shade for filipina and im sooo lucky to find that out here in MUA! this is a nice foundation. i got the matte formula. its like i had an airbrush make up. its perfect. i love how it brightens my face. i'll be purchasing again and i already have a back up! i just hate applying this. sooo tiring. i wish they can do something to make this in compact form so i can re-apply anywhere. by the way, the price is sooo cheap. i love it!

EDIT: i wish this is like other powder foundation that is in a compact. i ended up swapping this to another filipina here in mua. great foundation but i just hate applying loose powder!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by michellabella

If, like me, you are mixed heritage, of Asian background, fair-medium complected and can't seem to find a foundation match that is not too pink, too peach, or too yellow, give Buttered Tan a try. Finally, a perfect match for my skin in the summer, and the mineral make up formula in Intensive or Matte is perfect for everyday use on my oily skin during those warmer months. The coverage of this is superior to Bare Escentuals. It hides everything I need it to, but still looks natural. It also lasts all day--I have even worn it to the pool and while not totally waterproof, it's fairly water-resistant. Buttered Tan is too dark for me in the Winter, when I tend to lose color, but I have found a perfect match for my paler days in Light Olive. I love Everyday Minerals for their range of formulas and colors, plus they are less expensive than their competitors, despite having superior product. If you have had the same challenges I have finding a foundation match, throw this in your sample kit!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2007 9:16:00 AM More reviews by jomia23

Damn. I've been sucked in as well. Have this in Intensive Formula. Perfect match. Perfect. Hope this doesn't break me out. Will update. And plan to return the other shades. Yay~

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2007 8:43:00 AM More reviews by sdora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh My God, I love this so much. My search for the new foundation is now over as this one is a keeper and matches my skintone like no other foundation does. I ordered samples first without even reading this review. I am so glad i did, it matches my yellow undertone skin like a charm. I never had foundation that blended to my skin color as this one does. The sample I ordered was in semi-matte, but I just ordered the full size in Intensive formula and can't wait to get it.
EDIT: I tried the Intensive formula in Buttered Tan and the color comes up little different on the face (chalky) and also broke me out a little. I placed another order for semi-matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by pumpkinpeach

As cheesy as it sounds, I honestly never thought I'd find the right foundation until Buttered Tan came along. I'm one of those paler-skinned Filipinas, so I've never been able to find the exact blend to match my skin tone. I first got it when the EM website had their old colour samples that weren't very true to the actual shades, so I got it with the intention of mixing it in with other colours...it looked really yellow on the site, so thinking that I'm kinda yellowish myself, it would even out a good blend. Turns out that I was wrong, and it was perfect to use on its own! Granted, once my summer tan faded I had to mix it in with a lighter colour, but the overall tone is a perfect match, and I'd definely recommend it to all you SEA ladies out there who aren't that yellow but aren't that peachy or olive either.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2007 10:14:00 AM More reviews by meeyaozers

I got this in a sample kit, and when I first got it, I was thinking it was much too yellow and completely avoided it at first. I'm asian with medium tone skin, so when I actually tried it for the first time, I was amazed at how well the color matched me. It was dead on. I could brush it on and it'd disappear. Definitely not for people with warm undertones, but if you've got olive or yellow based skin, this color is so great.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2007 1:43:00 AM More reviews by mcruz

I tried a sample of this, thanks to adornedwithgrace's review below. Sadly, this was too orangey-brown for me. I put in an order for a sample of the Golden Medium and Light Winged Butter to try and maybe one of these might work...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2007 1:39:00 AM More reviews by charlenemeetmark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I'm asian and I'm tan so it was hard to find a foundation that would match the one's with yellow undertones where too light and the dark ones looked orange. This one looked too light but it's warms up once it applied. I use it in both the matte and intensive formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2007 6:09:00 PM More reviews by yuyun1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this foundation color! I've tried Light Winged Butter (too light), Medium Beige (too peachy), and Golden Medium (too olive), but Buttered Tan matches my skin color and yellow undertones perfectly. For reference, I'm Chinese but I've lived in Southeast Asia my entire life, giving me a tan so I'm a NC35/40. Even in summer the foundation still goes on flawlessly, and my friends complimented me on my skin too. Thanks to adornedwithgrace as well, she did a RAOK and sent me her sample of Buttered Tan! :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 2:27:00 PM More reviews by elyjordan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Out of all the different shades available, this one has been the closest to my skintone. Dare I say it's right on the money? I have always had a hard time finding foundation to match my skin. I am bi-racial (half African-American and half Caucasian) and I have a decidedly yellow tone to my skin. The makeup designed for Caucasian skintones tends to be too light and pink for me and the makeup designed for African-American skintones tends to be too dark and orangey. I was ready to give up on EM makeup until Carina released this new Buttered Tan color. I am so glad I didn't give up! It makes my skin look more even but I don't look too made up. I use the Matte foundation. I've noticed the other reviews have said it's a good match for Asian gals, but this bi-racial gal is very happy with the color of this foundation as well!
UPDATE: Looks like this is my summer foundation when I have more of a tan. I've discovered it's not as great of a match in the cooler months as Lumiere's Medium Golden. That matches me perfectly in the winter months. I think that Buttered Tan will look like more of a match in the summer when I have more color again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No