November 20, 2014 | 1944 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Azuree Soleil Skinscent Atomizer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2007 12:04:00 PM More reviews by nilegoddess

Am totally enchanted by this fragrance. I only bought it two weeks ago and it is the best fragrance for summer, at least until Dior makes a summery Hypnotic Poison that is.

Not that the two are necessarily alike. They are not. But if you are like me, a Leather & Spice Girl, then all these cheap fruity florals fail to impress. I wanted a warm yet light sandalwood fragrance for the summer, and Azuree Soleil is just the thing.

It is supposed to start with flowery accords but these are totally lost on me (unless we talk Poeme by Lancome or Sicily). All I could smell was bittersweet tangerine, sandalwood and coconut. All three take turns in being the main note over the 4 hours the fragrance lasts on me. Then it fades gently, to be revived by warm water when I take my evening shower. If you feel it's faded and did not take the bottle with you, rub the area you sprayed it on with a bit of water and the scent will come back to life.

Wonderful fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Ciciban

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awesome, this is a lighter, sunnier version of Tea for Two... In love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 6:16:00 AM More reviews by badkitty82

I read about the fragrance in several magazines and was curious to check it out. I love fragrances that smell like beach and summer, I have Dior Sweet Sun and always get tons of compliments, but I wanted something new. Unfortunately there's only one store in Norway that carries the Tom Ford line and even though I live nearby I never managed to get there, I'm pretty sure it sold out fast too. But then I got to the tax free at the airport and they had a test bottle.. that was all that was left. During my flight I totally fell in love with the fragrance, it was warm and summery, and a faint scent of suntanned skin, sun lotion and coconut. Not too strong, just soft and delicious. Fortunately I got hold of it at Macy's in L.A. Or so I thought. I wanted the fragrance but in confusement bought the body oil (they didn't have the fragrance).. which is nice as well, but as other mentioned more musky.. I went to another Macy's and got the fragrance.. Yihaa! I've been using it every day and I love it! And the bottle is so pretty as well..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 7:39:00 PM More reviews by AbsoluteScentualist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Being a lover of CSP fragrances, I fell victim to all the hype surrounding this product. I thought I would find it pleasant, though not stunning, and dodge the popularity bullet, since I don't always want to smell like everyone else.

I went to Macy's one evening to check out several fragrances, and since the body oil tester was sitting near by, I picked it up and sprayed some, putting the bottle down and continuing on my merry way.

But then, as I was making my way through nice enough but not breath taking scents, I caught a hint of the TFAS, and was instantly smitten. I stood there like a deer in the headlights, forearm glued to my nose, and DH just chuckled and said,"I'll go ask the saleswoman if they have any in stock."

Two weeks later, I am the enchanted owner of both the 3.4 oz skin scent and body oil. My insanity is such that I am even considering tracking down another bottle or two to horde just in case rumors are true and this is the last year this scent is available!

What sets this apart from other beachy scents is the sophisticated use of the coconut and wood notes together. It's not dripping with gardenia, and doesn't make me feel like I'm wearing coconut extract. It's sultry, pretty, and still manages to capture the scent of warm skin at the beach. It has universal appeal, and I would recommend buying it, even unsniffed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

I am obsessed with this sensual, beachy fragrance but I prefer the oil to the atomizer. I think the oil imparts more of a musky, sexy fragrance. Even so, I like having this around and LOVE to layer this over the oil or spray this in my hair for even more punch. This is my signature fragrance now...

UPDATE: I have been wearing this more often than the body oil lately for convenience and I am enjoying it more. I still think the oil has more of a sensual body scent and mixes more harmoniously with my body chemistry, but the atomizer still gives me that sweep of coconut and tiare and salty beach air that is just so delicious and subtle...I don't think I could ever live without this fragrance, honestly, it is my signature scent! Let people think I just came from the beach or stepped off the plane from a jaunt to Hawaii, I don't care...it makes me calm and happy, and so many other people seem to enjoy this scent on me...it's soft, it's sultry, it's yummy and never offensive or OTT...just perfect...

UPDATE (4/8/08): I had to add this update now that I have tried Bronze Goddess, so I am pasting part of my BG review here...

BG is remarkably similar to AS, but in the Eau Fraiche, AS is very strongly coconut and tiare, while BG is coconut mellowed by orange blossom and mandarin. AS almost has an acrid note in the top notes which I can't place (someone mentioned dill pickle and I kind of agree with that).

To use the analogy that I used in my review of BG oil, I sort of see AS as the more brazen older sister, and while BG resembles AS and probably borrows MU and clothing from big sis all the time, she's gentler, sweeter, with a slightly more feminine voice and a gentler touch than AS. They almost look like twins at first glance, but then you see the very subtle differences and can tell them apart.

Both AS and BG are lovely!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by dancingoutlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Iím not one to swoon over beachy fragrances. I think many are perfectly lovely, but youíll rarely find me smelling beachy if I'm not on a beach. That said, I felt I had to try it since itís all the rage and I happened to be at Le Mall. They were out of the oil--completely sold out of both the first and second shipments, according to the salesperson. They supposedly had only one bottle of the spray, which may or may not have been the truth (we all know the ABC of sales). I'm disappointed that I couldnít try the oil. Based on the descriptions I think I may have ended up buying it. Still, I decided to try the spray and see what all the fuss was about. Itís beachy. And pretty. It really does smell like tanning lotion on warm, tanned skinÖfrolicking on the beach. Really nice. I decided not to purchase (though the oil might end up being an unsniffed buy if that tells you anything), and the next night I was glad I hadnít. The Boyfriend and I were bar-hopping and that scent was everywhere. It wasnít necessarily a bad thing, but I like wearing scents that are different from what everyone else wears. I can understand all the hype, because it's very pretty and very "now" but it's one I'll have to think about for a bit before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2007 5:05:00 PM More reviews by kareygirl

Love this summery scent. Purchased the oil form, loved it and bought a back up. Then got my hands on the skinscent and loved it even more. Really reminds me of summer and I think I might use it during other times of the year when I want to remember the lazy and carefree days of summer when I am not working and enjoying a good book. The skinscent is not widely available in stores anymore and can not be gotten online except ebay.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2007 1:07:00 PM More reviews by riggid

I really like the scent of this perfume--hints of coconut and gardenia. Very summery. I just wish it had better staying power!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2007 10:31:00 AM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the bottle and packaging on this scent! It's a cool aquamarine bottle with typical Estee Lauder gold embellishments. Pretty. Wish I loved the fragrance as much. I really don't know what I was thinking -- as I really don't care for coconut in my scents at all, but still HAD to purchase it as Azuree Soliel is marketed as a 'skin scent'. I adore skin scents and feel in love with the creamy notes of this one -- but the coconut was too intense for me. Also on a side note -- my husband claimed that this smelled like 'frankinsense and myrrh' "Church' he said. Like pews, stone and insence. Odd but probable. I'll pass on this one for all reasons --- 'cept the bottle -- gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 9:55:00 PM More reviews by DebbieB43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous scent!! Definitely a summer scent, soft, baby sweet coconut...., with a drifting ever so slightly to my nose, of magnolia, and pinch of honeysuckle. SO in love with this scent!! Debating if I should buy a back up....it seems to be going fast....as it is a limited edition item.