Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

3.2

All shades contain: Active Ingredients: 5.0% Octinoxate, 3.2% Titanium Dioxide. Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Dimethicone/Divinyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Lecithin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Ribose, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Alumina, Propylene Carbonate, Disodium EDTA, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 9/11/2012 8:30:00 PM

I bought this in medium and I am an NC35 skin. I have yellow undertones so this works well for me except that the color is a tiny bit too dark. Under certain dim lighting I look a little orangey, definitely not the dewy look I wanted. The texture is great for my skin, it feels light and you barely feel it on your skin even after hours. The coverage is not as full as I expected but it does cover pale blemishes and redness. I have dry patches on my skin but I also have oily skin. This foundation does not make the dryness feel tight but I cannot comment on whether it helps with the shine cos I prepped my skin with urban decay's de slick before and after.

Overall not a bad buy but I'll definitely want to try other brands. 3/5!

on 8/16/2012 11:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Great coverage from this foundation. Like others I don't love the yellow undertones, I might go a shade lighter next time. I recently rediscovered this in the bottom of my makeup, and I believe it was the yellow tint that made me give up on this. Since then I've been applying a powder over and I love it! Will be buying again for its coverage and staying power.

I absolutely loved Smashbox's Studio Skin. Everything about it was amazing and it made my skin look flawless. Except it made me break out...and a lot. I was so sad when I couldnt use it anymore for everyday use because I loved it so much.

After figuring out I couldnt use Studio Skin anymore though, I saw the Healthy Fx sitting on the same Smashbox display in Sephora. I looked it up, read some reviews, and decided that it was worth a try. I was trying to find something that might sort of mimic the Studio Skin without completely breaking me out. I'd say this is pretty damn close.

This has a thicker consistency to it (A bit more like Hourglass Immaculate) but surprisingly stills spreads pretty well! It also keeps me matte for a long time (one of the things that I loved about the studio skin) without falling off my face or becoming shiny. No need to blot. The best part so far is that it DOESN'T break me out. Or at least it hasnt yet over using it consistently a few times.

Im really happy with this so far. I found my color in L1 and that works perfectly for me. Definitely does a good job at controlling my really oily skin and has a great overall finished look.

I'd definitely recommend this to people with more oily skin. I dont know how it'd work on dry skin though, considering it keeps my oily face matte for so long, but I can definitely see it working well with other oily or combination skin. Also, I have REALLY sensitive skin and finding something that doesnt break me out is always a pretty big thing for me. So if you have more sensitive skin, you might want to try this out as well.

The only thing I will say about the Smashbox foundations is that they all seem to have a more orange tint to them. It doesn't come off as a fake spray tan or anything extreme like that, and if you blend it out properly, it can work really well. But some people have a big problem with things that have a more orange tone, so I figured I'd point that out. It works extremely well so far for me though.

Will continue using.

on 7/31/2012 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is NOT worth the money. I love urban decay products but i was definitly not impressed on how the foundation seperates and doesnt spread on evenly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is disgusting. It applies okay on normal to dry skin and so even though it didn't work for my more combination skin I figured that I could keep it and use it on other people. Well, about 6 weeks after I bought it I went to get it out of my case to put on my mom for a wedding and it had completely separated. It had separated beyond anything a quick shake could fix and when I pumped it out all I got was oil and little balled up globs of foundation. I've never even had drugstore foundation fall apart so quickly.

on 7/14/2012 7:25:00 PM

PROS: Doesn't break me out, great finish

CONS: Hard to find my color, kind of expensive

Overall, a great buy if you have sensitive skin and yellow undertones.

on 7/2/2012 12:47:00 AM

I really like this foundation. It does tend to have a bit of a yellow undertone, but that matches my half asian skin. Medium coverage, sets well with a powder on top. (I use mac mineralize powder foundation). I like the pump too. Pretty good foundation.

on 6/25/2012 7:45:00 PM

Loved the color match (lots of yellow undertones) but gave medium coverage that felt cakey and heavy as day wore on. Like clockwork, I would get a couple of zits on my chin two days after wearing. Disappointing.

on 6/15/2012 6:27:00 AM

Well I cant say too much about it yet, because I just got it today and I am so excited to start using it and see how it works. Because today at sephora when the lady tried it out on my skin it definitely looked perfect. I hope it keeps making me happy as long as I have it =]

But I see a number of ladies that aren't too thrilled with it. I just wanted to say for the ladies who need that FULL COVERAGE I STRONGLY STRONGLY recommend "DOUBLE WEAR [Stay-in-place make-up]" by ESTEE LAUDER.
I've been using it for quite a while now, and it is AMAZING. But now that my skin has cleared up I had to switch to something a bit lighter.
Ladies like i said give it a try, it won't disappoint you if you need that coverage good =]

GOOD LUCK!!

on 6/13/2012 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundtion hands down. It gives smooth, even coverage and it doesn't case me to break out. My pores even look smaller! Will definitely buy again.