Physicians Formula Conceal RX

3.9

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, POLYGLYCERYL-4, DIISOSTEARATE/POLYHYDROXYSTEARATE/SEBACATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3, DIISOSTEARATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CETYL DIMETHICONE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX, DIMETHICONE, LAURETH-12, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX, PANTHENOL, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, POLYSILICONE-11, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, SILICA, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TRIDECETH-9PG-AMODIMETHICONE, TRIDECETH-12, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, ISOPROPYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN. MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON DIOXIDES, TALC, ULTRAMARINES, CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN.

on 10/1/2013 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this concealer when cvs had a PF sale going on and I was looking for a full coverage concealer for my red/purple-ish past acne hyper pigmented spots. There were 2 shades available and I picked the darkest out of the two in "natural light" and of course it's actually lighter color than the tube. It provides full coverage with creamy consistency and can be layered underneath the foundation but I think it'll be too light to be layered above foundation. If you're like me and doesn't like the hard candy glamoflauge I think you will like this one better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The best full-coverage drugstore concealer I've found so far to cover up my dark circles and horrible redness around my nose. The only downsides are that physicians formula in general is somewhat more expensive than other drugstore brands and the concealer does tend to crease under my eyes into my fine lines (the few that I have). However, I will be repurchasing when I run out.

on 8/4/2013 10:46:00 PM

This is a pretty good concealer for covering blemishes and redness. I love the squeeze tube packaging, because I do not feel like I'm wasting any product. The consistency is thick and I use my real techniques expert face brush which covers up my acne scars. The only reason I would not repurchased is that I have a couple concealers on my list to try. I really do like this product though.

on 7/31/2013 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this concealer! It delivers full coverage and is able to cover big, small, red and any other sort of condition a blemish could be in. I like the consistency and coloring better than Benefit's Boing concealer and for the price you can't find anything better. It's a rather thick liquid concealer but blends easily and you don't need a whole lot of it. I use it to spot treat blemishes and all over areas like my chin and nose which get red sometimes. My HG concealer and budget friendly too!

on 7/23/2013 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love this concealer because no imperfection is too tough to conceal! I recommend using a makeup sponge to apply because you don't need a lot of product and it can't blend well with too much. It was harder to find for me because I couldn't find it at Target or Kmart. I found mine at CVS in Natural Light. I love Conceal RX also because it doesn't break me out. My only complaint was that when I put some under my eyes, they started to water and became sensitive to the product. But other concealers are sensitive towards my eyes as well, so I didn't down score the product. I recommend this product to someone who has acne-prone skin, wants a concealer that is high-end quality, but isn't high-end priced. It lasts for a long time and hides all your imperfections. I'm surprised that this isn't raved about!

on 7/16/2013 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this concealer for blemishes and dark spots I have on my face. I used it once for under the eye, but it settles into the fine lines I have there. It seems to be better used for spot correcting. I have some acne scars on my chin and hyper pigmentation on my nose around my nostrils, and I use this concealer before foundation, and the discoloration completely disappears. Great formula, not to thick or thin, and great pigmentation. Definite repurchase!

on 7/11/2013 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Update: Even Natural Light was way too light for my skin so I had to stop using it. It's a great concealer otherwise if you are very fair and can find a color match.

Original review:This is my HG concealer for my super sensitive, acne/clog-prone skin. It doesn't break me out and covers all the marks and blemishes on my PPD skin. It can accentuate any flakiness or dry spots so a moisturizer (or sunscreen in my case) is a must under this. I agree that the two color choices are way too limited but I found Natural Light is a perfect match for my NW20 skin. I previously went through two tubes of the Fair Light (lightest shade) but it was almost white and the next shade up is SO much better on my skin. I worried it would be too yellow on my neutral skin but it is just right.

on 7/11/2013 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I purchased this to cover blemishes and minor blemish scars on my chin because I was sick of using a spot concealer that looked too obvious and wore off easily. This stuff is pretty thick - it's billed as being very strong concealer/full coverage - but it doesn't feel like it is suffocating my skin. Because it is full coverage it is a little noticeable on and can become mask-like, so it should be used sparingly. Lasts and lasts, even through humidity. It has not caused my breakout prone chin to become worse either, which is miraculous. I have not tried it as an under-eye concealer, but I think it would work fine for that as well.

It's a little pricey at $8.00 a pop but a little goes a very long way and the quality/coverage are worth it. The squeeze tube works well for this type of product.

The reason I can't rank this higher than a 3 is because of the shades. There is very little variety (only two options) overall and both shades (I tried both) are too pinky/peachy to blend well with my pale skin. The color makes the concealer stand out even more on my face, which sort of defeats the purpose of concealer. But if you're looking for a heavy duty concealer and this can be matched to your skintone, it is definitely worth trying.

on 5/21/2013 12:52:00 AM

I hate that it only comes in two colors. Also, it doesn't really help/hinder my acne. I'm an NC30 currently and the shade I tried (the darker one) was still very light and very pink on my skin, making me look very green :/

on 5/10/2013 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I tried this because of the awesome CVS sale this week: $6 off ANY PF product, PLUS the red scanner box gave me a $3 coupon, so I got this for 29 cents plus tax. There were only two shades available: Fair Light and Medium Light, and ML was the darker shade so I got it. Too bad it's about five shades too light for my NC42 skin. It does offer good coverage but it's just about useless since it's so light. Maybe I can use it as an eyeshadow primer, but it's a bit thick for that. Good thing I paid less than a buck. How about a Med/Deep shade PF????