September 1, 2014 | 1855 users online

Masks - LUSH - Love Lettuce Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by trafficdior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mask lingers of lavender during the entire time it's applied to your face. It smells like it was created from ingredients straight out of an herb garden, which is infinitely refreshing. I love how it strips my skin of excess oil and leaves it feeling soft and smelling lovely. It's a bit difficult to wash off however, since the mask it self contains chunks of ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by marie85

Very nice mask that also works as an exfoliator. My skin feels soft and smooth after this. I also notice an overall improvement in my skin texture after regular use. Despite my best efforts to finish the mask before its 6-weeks expiry (I use 3-4 times a week!), I still couldn't! Maybe I'm using too little, but it's still fine now sitting in the fridge. It doesn't do anything to reduce the oiliness (I have very oily skin), but will repurchase because I do see a visible improvement in my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by opiumfan

Very good combination of mask and exfoliator, but not the best that I ever had, therefore I gave 4 lippies. It is suitable for combination or oily skin, because it takes away all the "old "skin. I like it because it's made of natural ingridients but it also means that it cannot last more than several weeks ( however -I have it 6 weeks and it's still fine). I use it twice a week and it does the work very good, my skin is soft and nicely exfoliated after using it. The price is very good ( 10 $) since it can be used at least 10 times ( if you use it twice a week and keep it in refrigerator).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by soapsaholic09

Like with most of the masks at LUSH, Love Lettuce has a short lifespan and must be refrigerated due to its fresh contents. The mask has a gritty feel, but will spread onto your face easily. Give it approximately 10 minutes to do its work and you will see the positive effects of using this mask immediately after cleaning it off. For me, using Love Lettuce gave my skin a little bit of a boost by giving it a healthy, radiant glow. It also made my skin feel softer and deceivingly smoother. Despite its short lifespan, I wouldn't mind keeping this mask on the list as a staple in my arsenal of beauty products.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by hipsterpigeon

I've tried quite a few LUSH fresh face masks and the mask of magnaminty. None of the others have caused me to breakout. I have normal to combination skin that is breakout prone so it's semi-sensitive. I finally found a skin care regime that kept my breakouts under control and balanced out my oily and dry spots.... This mask ruined my skin!!! I hadn't had a breakout in over three months and my face has blemishes everywhere!!! The backs of my cheeks and middle of my forhead are my far the worst areas. I used the whole pot since it was about to go bad, but I will not be repurchasing... no. I like the Mask of Magnaminty a lot and would recommend it. I've been trying to get my hands on Catastrophe Cosmetic, but my LUSH counter is always out when I go in.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

LOVE this mask.
My mom purchased this mask from LUSH and forgot about it for almost a week so she was in a hurry to use it up before it went bad. I decided to give it a go since I've heard great things about it.

The texture is grainy and since it must remain chilled in the refrigerator, it feels nice and cool on the skin.

I left it on my face for about 10 minutes and when it began to dry out I washed it off. Normally I feel like there is leftover residue from masks so I have to go back in and wash my face with a cleanser but because this mask has the grainy exfoliating texture, I was able to scrub my face while washing the product off.

I was left with radiant soft and moisturized skin. I did not even have to apply a moisturizer after I washed off the mask like I normally do. The next morning, I noticed my pores were dramatically smaller and a lot of my blackheads were gone too.

The only bad thing about this mask is that it has a two week lifespan and will spoil after that because it is made of fresh ingredients =
I highly highly recommend anyone to try out this mask. It is gentle yet effective and cheap too!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by PeachyDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive skin and acne :(
Love Lettuce doesn't make me break out or cause any irritations.
It has a fine grittiness to it and makes a wonderful scrub.
I usually have to put a ton of moisturizer on at night, but after this mask I could go without it if I wanted to.
I recommend tying up your hair and maybe wearing a headband while using this mask. I got it all in my hairline and had fun washing it out after my shower :) oops

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by 143susie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My skin is very dry near my cheeks, but is normal/oily around my t-zone. So, I have combination skin. This review is for my fellow combo skin girls out there (:

So, Love Lettuce face mask isn't that appealing to look at - let's be honest here. However, I ADORE the scent. To me, it smells just like lavender. mmm.... very relaxing and nice! Scent wise, it's a treat to have on the face - the smell isn't too heavy or anything.

Now, there are ground almonds for exfoliating when you rinse off the mask. I could feel the almonds exfoliating, but the bits were kind of messy and annoying to rinse off.

After the mask, unfortunately, there was no "glow" to my skin like I expected. My skin was actually a bit irritated from the almond pieces! This mask didn't do anything for my skin.

The LUSH masks are just about $7 (very cheap for natural masks); I can get about 4 uses out of every one. The packaging is plain and cute, but the product can dry up in the twisty lid, so it can a tad messy/difficult to open the container. Some product can also get stuck in the lid. Still, I like the twisty top, because not a lot of products (aside from LUSH) open with a twisty top.

SAVE YOUR BLACK POTS GUYS!! 5 empty black pots brought back to LUSH, and you got yourself a free fresh face mask. It's fun for the at-home-spa-day lovers (like me hehe).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This fresh mask smells bit weird and is hard to wash off. BUT the skin feels super soft and looks bright.
A great product for those, who donít mind the fact that the jar has to be finished within a month and needs to be stored in a fridge. For me this is a big disadvantage as I use masks only once a week/once a two weeks and I never was able to finish it. Also it is a bit pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 More reviews by shrimpski

This is the first face mask from Lush I have tried and I quite like it, I have it on right now!
When you first open the pot, the lavender is quite prominent, and is good for balancing the skin's oil production. Smells lovely too!
It also has honey and almond oil to moisturise the skin, kaolin and Fullers Earth (highly absorbing clay) to absorb oil, almond shells to exfoliate and agar agar to soften the skin.

I love applying it straight from the fridge, it's so refreshing! I leave it on for 15 mins, apply a little warm water and massage my face, then rinse off.

My skin is sooo soft afterwards, I can't help but touch it (bad I know!)! My face didn't feel tight either or dry. I bought this because I have oily skin. My skin stays shine free for a few hours, but it returns soon after that. It's not the mask's fault, it's just my annoying skin type. I'll have to try Lush's mattifying moisturiser and if that helps.

In Australia, a pot costs $15.95, lasts 3-4 weeks in the fridge and is said to have 5 masks worth in a pot. I get more than that, even though I try and apply as much as I can. I believe I get about 8-10 out of one pot, making it worth the money. To get my 8-10 masks within the use-by date range, I use it every 2-4 days depending.

Love Lettuce is recommended for normal to oily skin types, but I'm going to try Cupcake next (for teenage oily skin with breakouts) and see how that compares to Love Lettuce.

If you have normal to oily skin, I would definitely recommend LL, your skin will feel amazingly soft!