August 29, 2014 | 1733 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Douce 30 Rosee

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by covetous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is just lovely - makes my skin look fresh and pretty and glowy - and I even like the scent (it's very clean). It has a very light shimmer and a gorgeous pale pink colour, it does the job of a powder as well as adding a beautiful and super-subtle sheen (is nothing like those horrible shimmery highlighters). And it's very comfortable even on my patchy dry winter skin. I think this shade will only work on me in winter but I have my eye on the mimosa for summer...
Packaging is lovely as ever with Chanel but WHY does the brush not fit into the compact?? maddening that you need to cart something around separately if you wanted to use it for touch ups, say between day and evening (for which incidentally it is brilliant - made my hours-old make-up come alive again!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by mskilicious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've always been scared of powders b/c I didn't want to look powdery or matte but I was drawn to this one, and I can't recommend it highly enough.

It comes in standard Chanel packaging, the casing is slightly larger than a JC blush but you get a lot more product (no integral brush compartment like with a JC). It's slightly domed also. I can't comment on whether it'd absorb oil b/c my skin's dry at the moment.

It's a very pale neutral pink and very finely milled. Goes on beautifully, not "powdery" at all, and adds the most amazing radiance to my skin - it truly makes it younger and more glowy. Not so highly pigmented I look "pink", my skin just becomes brighter and fresher. I get compliments when I wear this!! There's no "sparkle" to this product but it imparts a luminous glow, I love it. It reminds me of a much less intense Becca PSP actually. I apply lightly all over with a kabuki/bronzer brush and I don't need to reapply all day.

It's pricey (£26.50 in the UK) but it will last a long time, and to be honest it's absolutely worth it anyway. Never looks cakey or OTT, just wonderful radiance. ♥

For ref: NW20/Chanel 20 Clair (US 1.0 Cameo)/Chantecaille Ivory. Normal/dry skin at the moment (winter). Cool toned English Rose complexion.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 8:22:00 AM More reviews by alula

I went to the Chanel counter (for the very first time!) to splurge on a blush and I walked away with this too. It's an amazing powder. I'm convinced it's manufactured by magical pixies - it brightens and evens out my whole face without being too matte or too sparkly. I've just been dotting on foundation and using this on top. My face looks fresh, healthy, and natural - which is ultimately the look I'm going for these days. I've haven't been impressed by a product in a long while.....highly recommend, although I cannot abide the price. Damn you, Chanel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 4:35:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't normally use any kind of powder on my face, but had seen this at Macy's and it caught my eye for some reason and I purchased it without even testing it. I use this as my last step and sweep a bit around the face (anywhere I want a glow) and it really does give an "angelic glow" -- I notice a difference in my face when I do not use this and make it a point to use this every day - I really like this product. The brush that comes with it is fine with me and I hardly use any product as only a tiny bit is needed and can see this lasting for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 10:29:00 AM More reviews by etmg

a gorgeous product, use in place of pressed transluscent powder for a more glowy finish. The SA even used it very lightly under my eyes to lift any shadows. Will last ages. The brush is not great but other than that a great product. I love Chanel's powders. It is a bit like Rose Blossom which I think was a LE earlier on this year

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2007 6:32:00 PM More reviews by flyyy372

positives: this is a light powder. it won't look cakey. it takes away shine w/o making you look too matte. this shade is light and good for my pale skin. it's good for very light illumination, and taking away excessive shine.

negatives; the brush that comes w/this feels soft but some hairs do come out from time to time. the brush doesn't fit into the powder compact so you have to carry it separately.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2007 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Sheepie1813

This powder is amazing! I was initially hesitant when the makeup artist wanted to use something called "Rosée" on my skin. I have ZERO undertones: neither pink nor yellow, which makes for loads of fun finding foundation! Anyway, I was quite leary of anything pinky on my face. Trust the Chanel girl! This is so beautiful on: not sparkly, not cakey, more glowy and perfecting. This will last a long time, too. Plus, I quite like the light scent of the powder. I don't think I could ever go back to normal "ivory" powder again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2007 1:24:00 AM More reviews by chunai0322

I love this pressed powder!!!! the only problem i have is that it comes with a little brush, which is too big to put in the compact. it is a little bit inconvinent to apply. even tho, i'll definitely buy again~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 7:51:00 PM More reviews by hopflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A beautiful finish to beautiful make up. This soft illuminating powder is like an angelic veil of soft cloud on my face. I use the 30 Rosee which is a soft, palest pink confection of a powder to set my Teint Innocence soft ivory (0.8) foundation. The Peche colour was too orangey for me. I am a very fair English Rose and I have over 50 year old skin and it illuminates like mad and makes me look 35 again! It does not settle into fine lines (although I have very few) and when worn over the foundation and a good moisturiser seems to last for hours. A great buy, and my skin does not look matte and powdery or flat. It has a microshimmer in it which is not at all silvery or glittery. Being Chanel, it is expensive but worth every penny and I guarantee you won't have to replace it very often. It comes in the familar black box with the Chanel logo and inside is a black velvet sleeve with a separate little sleeve for a brush; very chic and very special. You might want to apply the powder with a large brush at the beginning of the day; and use the little one for touch ups if necessary.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No