Kosmea Rosehip Oil

4.6

on 2/2/2010 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

***UPDATE: I had to discontine using the whole Kosmea line due to my SD prone skin. I still like the line but need to move on to something that suits me better.

Highly recommended!

I have never used Rose Hip Oil before but I am now hooked. It has totally transformed my skin. I have always had oily skin but now, as I am getting older, it's starting to dry in places and stay oily in others. I also have sensitive skin and an allergy to parabens. I was lucky enough to find this in my local natural food store.

At first I found it a tiny bit heavier than other oils I have tried (Argan & Jojoba) but in time, that has gone away. This oil is hydrating, balancing, healing and gentle. The smell isn't overpowering at all. This has truly helped balance my skin out between the dry areas and oily areas. I have had no bad reactions from it or break outs. Actually, I haven't had a spot since I tried it and that is saying something.

I am so hooked on this!

on 1/27/2010 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I've been using this product on and off for about 2 years. I tried a lot of rosehip oil from this, alchemist and renew (all purchased in Australia), but I think this is by far the best. It was my mom who tried it first after a doctor recommended it to her, and I stole a drop or two, and I loved it! But since I'm a skin product junkie, I keep switching which makes my face even worse..I have a very complicated skin to explain, I have lots of red marks from all the acne i had over the years and they're still there :(, and my face was at its worst time when in Australia, I've got whiteheads and blackheads all over my face even along my jawline, I tried all kinds of product to cure it but none worked. But this oil really helps, even when I got a cystic acne on my forehead (yes, forehead) and chin, this seems to calm the red down, and now my face has become stabler, and I use this or Aesop anti-oxidant serum before I went to bed. I tried to switch these two because sometimes if I put on the oil to frequent (day and night everyday) I got clogged pores (my skin is purging??) or I wear it only once in 2 or 3 days.. It expires in like 6-8 months, but I kept it refrigerated after each use. I love love love this! It's all natural, won't hurt you to try..

on 10/10/2009 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I mix two drops of it with a light moisturizer in the morning and three drops at night. It keeps my skin supple and well hydrated. I tried to apply it on dump skin like some people suggested but I felt it wasn't as effective on my dry skin. Highly recommended :)

on 12/30/2008 7:24:00 PM

I love oils in general and have used rose hip before, but only recently used this brand. The reason I have not used it until now is that I used to know the owner of the company (when it first formed) and I didn't like her personally so I didn't buy the products. Anyway, cattiness aside, I eventually bought the Kosmea brand as I couldn't find my usual so I'll write the review on this.

I love Rose Hip oil in general, it's a lovely oil for my skin and the only one that sinks in and doesn't leave a shine on the surface of the face. This makes it perfect for wearing in the day time and makeup goes over it very nicely. I use it when my skin needs moisturising, calming and balancing and it does all this beautifully. I also agree that it seems to even out your skintone. I have quite good skin, but there are lines forming (I'm 36) and occasionally I get itchy dermatitis. This oil seems to help that. I wouldn't say it works to get rid of wrinkles, but rather it moisturises so well that the appearance of the wrinkles is reduced.

Con is the packaging on the the Kosmea bottle. The dropper is plastic and I prefer glass when using oils. It makes it look a little cheap.

Give this one a try, it's really lovely :)

I didnt like this oil at all. It made my face red, and breakout?
Also it smelt strange.........fishy? Im going back to jojoba oil.

on 6/2/2008 2:09:00 AM

Thanks much to lilylotus for shipping me some of this. Love this stuff. Use it a few times a week at night - and it is all i need. Makes my combo skin soft and bright.

I love using oils on my face, and rosehip oil was the original one I tried, so I'll always love it for that. I did flirt around with different ones, though and out of the ones I've tried (random aromatherapy brand, Renew, Akin,Trilogy and Kosmea), the last three are definitely the best. Kosmea's oil is a gorgeous dark reddish-gold colour, and feels like silk. I've been using rosehip oil as a general skin pick-me-up, and really does work in making my skin look healthy, hydrated, smooth and rosy. I've not tried any commercial moisturiser/treatment that works better. I use it as a serum under my night moisturiser, and it's never too greasy for me. I find it works best when my skin's still damp from the toner or the water, and to massage it very gently in. It works immediately for me in terms of giving me that 'slept 8 hours' look, but I wouldn't know about scars and breakouts, except to say that I didn't experience any new breakouts with this. Have recently taken up adding essential oils to this, but it is totally not necessary.

on 5/2/2008 1:22:00 PM

Great stuff. I started using the rosehip oil after another product gave me a bit of a chemical burn near my chin. The oil has some pretty amazing healing properties and I found it helped my skin heal up really well, and I started using it all over my face. The oil is quite rich and a few drops are all that's necessary. I found that it left my skin so soft and glowy with daily use, especially in the harsher winter months or during the months when the weather was changing and my skin tends to take a bit of a beating. Lately, I've been mixing it half and half with the Decleor rose aromatic oil and have found that this combination is not only very nicely moisturizing, but it seems to be balancing out my skin and I'm not experiencing problems with oiliness anymore. Whatever works for you, I'd recommend giving the rose hip oil a try or at least having a little bit on hand for cosmetic emergencies.

on 12/10/2007 10:48:00 PM

I've been using this for almost 3 weeks now and it has effectively replaced every other moisturizer i have. I am so in love with this i will continue using it day and night. I am recovering from acne while still suffering from breakouts, but this does not propogate any new breakouts and had infact calmed my skin. I have somewhat oily skin and was at first apprehensive about putting OIL on my face! I'm pleasantly surprised to see that this moisturized my oily but dehydrated skin so well, and as a result, my skin isn't as oily anymore. Mostly moist and supple. The open pores around my nose are smaller, blackheads do not seem to form as quickly and little bumps around my eyes are slowly diminishing. After cleansing, on damp skin, I place about 4 drops in my palms, rub my palms together and pat the oil onto my face and neck (eye area also), and the residue on my hands. In the day, I follow with a separate sunscreen (I need powder to mask off the shine though). At night I apply pimple cream after. I've found my HG moisturizer!!! YAY! While I love this as a moisturizer, I can't say how it fares as a treatment serum, all I can say is that it helps calm angry, stressed skin.

on 12/1/2007 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

By far the best rose hip seed oil out there. My skin just glows.

Popular Treatments (Face)