November 26, 2014 | 1789 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kosmea Rosehip Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2008 8:47:00 AM More reviews by preciousthings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didnt like this oil at all. It made my face red, and breakout?
Also it smelt strange.........fishy? Im going back to jojoba oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2008 2:09:00 AM More reviews by mavs_fan

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thanks much to lilylotus for shipping me some of this. Love this stuff. Use it a few times a week at night - and it is all i need. Makes my combo skin soft and bright.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2008 11:15:00 AM More reviews by swirlsschmurls

I love using oils on my face, and rosehip oil was the original one I tried, so I'll always love it for that. I did flirt around with different ones, though and out of the ones I've tried (random aromatherapy brand, Renew, Akin,Trilogy and Kosmea), the last three are definitely the best. Kosmea's oil is a gorgeous dark reddish-gold colour, and feels like silk. I've been using rosehip oil as a general skin pick-me-up, and really does work in making my skin look healthy, hydrated, smooth and rosy. I've not tried any commercial moisturiser/treatment that works better. I use it as a serum under my night moisturiser, and it's never too greasy for me. I find it works best when my skin's still damp from the toner or the water, and to massage it very gently in. It works immediately for me in terms of giving me that 'slept 8 hours' look, but I wouldn't know about scars and breakouts, except to say that I didn't experience any new breakouts with this. Have recently taken up adding essential oils to this, but it is totally not necessary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 1:22:00 PM More reviews by laureg

Great stuff. I started using the rosehip oil after another product gave me a bit of a chemical burn near my chin. The oil has some pretty amazing healing properties and I found it helped my skin heal up really well, and I started using it all over my face. The oil is quite rich and a few drops are all that's necessary. I found that it left my skin so soft and glowy with daily use, especially in the harsher winter months or during the months when the weather was changing and my skin tends to take a bit of a beating. Lately, I've been mixing it half and half with the Decleor rose aromatic oil and have found that this combination is not only very nicely moisturizing, but it seems to be balancing out my skin and I'm not experiencing problems with oiliness anymore. Whatever works for you, I'd recommend giving the rose hip oil a try or at least having a little bit on hand for cosmetic emergencies.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 10:48:00 PM More reviews by br_ainstorm

I've been using this for almost 3 weeks now and it has effectively replaced every other moisturizer i have. I am so in love with this i will continue using it day and night. I am recovering from acne while still suffering from breakouts, but this does not propogate any new breakouts and had infact calmed my skin. I have somewhat oily skin and was at first apprehensive about putting OIL on my face! I'm pleasantly surprised to see that this moisturized my oily but dehydrated skin so well, and as a result, my skin isn't as oily anymore. Mostly moist and supple. The open pores around my nose are smaller, blackheads do not seem to form as quickly and little bumps around my eyes are slowly diminishing. After cleansing, on damp skin, I place about 4 drops in my palms, rub my palms together and pat the oil onto my face and neck (eye area also), and the residue on my hands. In the day, I follow with a separate sunscreen (I need powder to mask off the shine though). At night I apply pimple cream after. I've found my HG moisturizer!!! YAY! While I love this as a moisturizer, I can't say how it fares as a treatment serum, all I can say is that it helps calm angry, stressed skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2007 1:03:00 PM More reviews by leggirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

By far the best rose hip seed oil out there. My skin just glows.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2007 11:52:00 PM More reviews by vanitysmurf

I love this product! Tried another rose hip oil when i couldn't find Kosmea, and it didn't absorb into my skin, just looked oily, even when skin was damp.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2007 3:04:00 AM More reviews by hitandrun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lucky I got a sample for this before deciding to purchase due to all the rave reviews. This broke me out badly though I must admit it was difficult for me to use just a little bit (Used 1 drop). I would say use half a drop for your whole face and neck. Also it smells like newly cut grass (crushed roses but not the sweet floral notes) which was a hazard to my hayfever. And it's a yellowy orange colour which made me look like I had overdone the fake tan. Hehhehe My skin is oily congested at the time so you may want to give this a try if you have normal-dry skin as it is quite reasonable price ..... I wouldn't recommend for oilies.

I gave 1 extra lippy for the service. The company was really nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2007 10:22:00 PM More reviews by melodiej

LOVE THE SMELL, TEXTURE, AND OVERALL FEELING WITH THIS PRODUCT. USE IT EVERY NIGHT, LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE IT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2007 5:23:00 AM More reviews by kelliechevron

Nothing beats this for evening out my skin tone, particularly after I've had a pimple/blemish. Note that you don't use it to get rid of the pimple itself, but to get rid of the redness that can often remain for months. It's cheap ($16 AUD) and will last for ages. I occasionally use a few drops as a full-face treatment overnight, and always wake with soft, smooth and more even skin.