August 29, 2014 | 1709 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - All Over Color Stick

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Christy1745

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think they fixed the packaging - it works fine for me as a twist up solid stick. I didn't apply it directly from the stick to my cheeks - I warmed it with my fingers and applied that way. Blends nicely and gives you a slightly shimmery pinky flush. I think it looks nice, but I haven't tried it on eyes or lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by tarzina789

Although the packaging of these products is horrendous, you must remember that you are only paying $1 (or less). The product itself isn't bad when used correctly.
While it does remind me of NARS The Multiple, the colors are not nearly the same. I have almost all the colors and they all have a frosty, shimmery finish. I use these primarily as highlighters and occasionally as bases for my eyeshadows and powder blushes. The product is easy to use and blend and travels well. I throw it in my bag for touch ups or when I think I'll need a little added sparkle when going out after work or school.

Overall a pretty decent product. If you want to experiment and aren't sure whether or not this will work for you, there isn't much to lose since it's so inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Colour selection
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pink Lemonade - Light, shimmery pink.
Persimmon - Light coppery bronze
Lilac Petal - Light pink, with a lilac undertone
Toasted - Medium golden bronze
Golden Peach - Light peach, with a golden undertone
Spotlight - Clear iridescence

- - - - - - - - - -
The formula
- - - - - - - - - -

The product is a solid cream stick, that is best blended with your fingers, as your body heat will help the formula dissolve and apply smoothly.

At the minute I have 2 different shades and have found that the colours do apply lighter then they appear in the tube it is easy to build up in intensity, so I would say they'd suit most skin-tones. Both of the shades I own are shimmery and [judging by the ELF colour charts] I'd say that it's safe to assume that all of the other colours contain some shimmer too.

The product is scented; But the scent (sugared orange) is very mild; I had to hold it to my nose to double-check before I wrote this review.

- - - - - - - - -
On cheeks
- - - - - - - - -

The product lasts far longer on the cheeks, then on lips or eyes - It was still perfect 6 hours after application when I removed my make-up.

It applies fairly sheer to cheeks and feels creamy, but not greasy. As it's sheer and creamy it is also very easy to build up the colour, for the colour intensity you want.

- - - - - - - -
On Eyes
- - - - - - - -

The pigmentation is higher on the thinner skin of the eyelids, but the finish is still pretty sheer. If you want to apply another layer to build up the colour remember that when blending in the formula to sweep the colour in one direction only.

After 3/4 hours the colour was still noticeable. There was some creasing, but I found this to be less noticeable then other brands [including NARS The Multiple].

- - - - - - -
On lips
- - - - - - -

On lips the formula applies as a full-colour cream, with a frosted finish. I own Spotlight and Golden Peach and neither look good as lipstick, but the pink or bronzes might look better.

On me the colour lasts around 2 hours and didn't have the same drying effect that The Multiple had on my lips.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
The packaging
- - - - - - - - - - - -

The tube uses the same twist-bottom method as The Multiple does to push the product out.

I don't have a problem with the packaging - yes, the white plastic looks and feels cheap, but for a great product for 1.50 I don't really care about the outer packaging.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by remcakes

I love the Pink Lemonade and the Highlight stick. The Pink Lemonade is great on the lids and very pigmented! The highlight is great for cheekbones and the bridge of the nose. I also have Persimmon, but I can barely see the color on my skintone.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Makeupjunkie456

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a bad product, I have it in fair and use it as a concealer or sometimes as a stick foundation. It is a bit dry at first so you need to warm it up otherwise the fist swipe is dragging. I draw it on my face then use a 187 brush to blend it out. I tend to use it on days when i want a light coverage and dont really want to wear make up. Though I wouldnt wear it as a main foundation as its texture and coverage isnt great and i can have very oily skin and it slides off. I have the colour stick in pink lemonade as well and like that this really dries out and has started to crack. however for the price its useful and i would buyt again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by sgamble777

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in lilac petal. It is more shimmery then I would like but It's still decent as a base for pinky type colors. I also used it a few times by itself on my eyelids( I only ever use it on my eyes, it's way to shimmery for anything else) and it creased a too much to use by itself. It caused my shadow to crease a bit too but once it did and i patted it away it stayed away.
It has a strong lemon type sent to it which doesn't bother me but I know it annoys others.
I don't think I'd buy this again, well I know for a fact I wont buy lilac petal again but I might try another color that isn't so shimmery and hope it does better. It was just a $1 so I don't see it as a big loss to try out a few and find the ones you like, but if you don't like shimmer, stay away from lilac petal! If you do like it, by all means you'll love it. It is a pretty pink color, so I'm really sad It didn't really work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by kb13xoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I already own this in Spotlight which I did a seperate review for. I bought this in Golden Peach which I heard was similar to Mac's Rudenesce Paint Pot. This is an okay color..a little frosty in my opinion. Might try one of the lighter colors or Toasted next.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by tacobelle88

for toasted & lilac petal they are a waste of money, too shimmery, no colour turned up at all and it got stuck/smushed in the tube. the only colour that actually showed up was pink lemonade but only just.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Amscee

At only one dollar, you get what you pay for with this all over cream product. The shade I purchased at Target, called Pink Lemonade, is a deep pink with lots of silvery shimmer particles, and comes in a very poorly made twist up plastic tube. My tube cracked up to the top when I first opened it, so I was initially disappointed with the quality of the packaging, and questioned the quality of the product inside. Despite its all over uses, I think that it only works well as a cream blush, because it is too pink and garish for the eyes, and too thick and frosty for the lips. It adds a healthy luminous flush on my cheeks, however sometimes it is hard to blend around, whereas other times it is easy.
As a cream blush, it works well to give a flushed and slightly luminous look on my cheeks, but everywhere else it just looks tacky and cheap.
I would like to try some other colours though, perhaps the lighter ones that would give a more natural look to my eyes and lips.
EDIT: The smell is atrocious. E.L.F. calls it "Sugar Orange," but it is much too artificial and sickly-sweet for me, and actually makes the product seem tacky and better suited for tween girls. Fortunately, I only notice the smell when it's in the tube. Once it's on my face, I can't smell it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2009 6:49:00 AM More reviews by electronicfly

I got this in Golden Peach and to me it looked just slightly pinker than the Cover stick in Rosy Beige and WAY sparklier.

There was an orangey smell to it which lingered a while after application. Not unpleasant , but I prefer my makeup to be scentless.

What I really didn't like was that the texture was like hard wax, I could hardly get any to show when swiping. It wasn't like the cover stick's texture at all, so I'm not sure whether I got a bad batch or that's how it is.

The packaging also sucks. You twist the bottom to "unscrew" the base where the product is in, but mine didn't popup with the first few turns, and when it did it came totally off the screw bit and has to be physically pushed down again.