E.L.F. All Over Color Stick

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

These are quite nice but they vary in creaminess. I have Toasted, Spotlight and Lilac Petal and while they are all very pretty the first two are much creamier and easier to apply than Lilac petal. They have an orange scent that I quite like. The pigmentation is pretty good in the ones I have. I mostly use these sticks for highlighting, they look pretty as eyeshadows but they do crease and they are too drying to wear on the lips. Overall a pretty good product. The packaging is handy too, it doesn't look expensive or anything but it's easy to apply.
I wish e.l.f. came up with some non shimmery colors so they could be used as blushes and contour/bronzer.

I have Lilac Petal, and I like it. Yes, it is very shimmery, so DON'T use too much. I like this on my cheekbones for a nice glow. I can't use it too often, because it broke me out. :/ But it is just so pretty, that I keep coming back to it.
AND IT SMELLS AMAZING. A lot of people don't like the orange scent E.L.F established in many of their products; Frankly, I think it is lovely, haha.
If it wasn't so shimmery and didn't break me out, I would buy it again. :/

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've totally new to cream blushes but I was on vacation and at Target they had this one for sale. For only a dollar I knew I couldn't go wrong.
I purchased this in Pink Lemonade (the only colour they carried) and I am so happy that I did! I'm very fair skinned and this makes a gorgeous blush on my skintone. I wear it underneath my regular pink blush and it really makes the colour pop.
I would suggest applying these as a blush with a stippling brush of some sort. Mine is by Quo and deposits just enough on your cheeks for a soft, pink glow. I tried it once with my fingers and that was just a nightmare... it didn't blend and messed up my foundation.
Even wore it as a lipstick a few times, though I suggest using a balm before or after as it is slightly drying.

I think I just got an ugly color (pink lemonade) because mine doesn't even come off pink! When swathed, it just looks like shimmery 80's frost. Would of liked to use these for my cheeks, but it just ends up looking like... frost. Not pretty either. I will probably repurchase to buy a different color because these positive reviews can't come from nowhere - will read a few reviews to find a better color. :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think they fixed the packaging - it works fine for me as a twist up solid stick. I didn't apply it directly from the stick to my cheeks - I warmed it with my fingers and applied that way. Blends nicely and gives you a slightly shimmery pinky flush. I think it looks nice, but I haven't tried it on eyes or lips.

Although the packaging of these products is horrendous, you must remember that you are only paying $1 (or less). The product itself isn't bad when used correctly.
While it does remind me of NARS The Multiple, the colors are not nearly the same. I have almost all the colors and they all have a frosty, shimmery finish. I use these primarily as highlighters and occasionally as bases for my eyeshadows and powder blushes. The product is easy to use and blend and travels well. I throw it in my bag for touch ups or when I think I'll need a little added sparkle when going out after work or school.

Overall a pretty decent product. If you want to experiment and aren't sure whether or not this will work for you, there isn't much to lose since it's so inexpensive.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Colour selection
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pink Lemonade - Light, shimmery pink.
Persimmon - Light coppery bronze
Lilac Petal - Light pink, with a lilac undertone
Toasted - Medium golden bronze
Golden Peach - Light peach, with a golden undertone
Spotlight - Clear iridescence

- - - - - - - - - -
The formula
- - - - - - - - - -

The product is a solid cream stick, that is best blended with your fingers, as your body heat will help the formula dissolve and apply smoothly.

At the minute I have 2 different shades and have found that the colours do apply lighter then they appear in the tube it is easy to build up in intensity, so I would say they'd suit most skin-tones. Both of the shades I own are shimmery and [judging by the ELF colour charts] I'd say that it's safe to assume that all of the other colours contain some shimmer too.

The product is scented; But the scent (sugared orange) is very mild; I had to hold it to my nose to double-check before I wrote this review.

- - - - - - - - -
On cheeks
- - - - - - - - -

The product lasts far longer on the cheeks, then on lips or eyes - It was still perfect 6 hours after application when I removed my make-up.

It applies fairly sheer to cheeks and feels creamy, but not greasy. As it's sheer and creamy it is also very easy to build up the colour, for the colour intensity you want.

- - - - - - - -
On Eyes
- - - - - - - -

The pigmentation is higher on the thinner skin of the eyelids, but the finish is still pretty sheer. If you want to apply another layer to build up the colour remember that when blending in the formula to sweep the colour in one direction only.

After 3/4 hours the colour was still noticeable. There was some creasing, but I found this to be less noticeable then other brands [including NARS The Multiple].

- - - - - - -
On lips
- - - - - - -

On lips the formula applies as a full-colour cream, with a frosted finish. I own Spotlight and Golden Peach and neither look good as lipstick, but the pink or bronzes might look better.

On me the colour lasts around 2 hours and didn't have the same drying effect that The Multiple had on my lips.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
The packaging
- - - - - - - - - - - -

The tube uses the same twist-bottom method as The Multiple does to push the product out.

I don't have a problem with the packaging - yes, the white plastic looks and feels cheap, but for a great product for 1.50 I don't really care about the outer packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love the Pink Lemonade and the Highlight stick. The Pink Lemonade is great on the lids and very pigmented! The highlight is great for cheekbones and the bridge of the nose. I also have Persimmon, but I can barely see the color on my skintone.

Not a bad product, I have it in fair and use it as a concealer or sometimes as a stick foundation. It is a bit dry at first so you need to warm it up otherwise the fist swipe is dragging. I draw it on my face then use a 187 brush to blend it out. I tend to use it on days when i want a light coverage and dont really want to wear make up. Though I wouldnt wear it as a main foundation as its texture and coverage isnt great and i can have very oily skin and it slides off. I have the colour stick in pink lemonade as well and like that this really dries out and has started to crack. however for the price its useful and i would buyt again.

I got this in lilac petal. It is more shimmery then I would like but It's still decent as a base for pinky type colors. I also used it a few times by itself on my eyelids( I only ever use it on my eyes, it's way to shimmery for anything else) and it creased a too much to use by itself. It caused my shadow to crease a bit too but once it did and i patted it away it stayed away.
It has a strong lemon type sent to it which doesn't bother me but I know it annoys others.
I don't think I'd buy this again, well I know for a fact I wont buy lilac petal again but I might try another color that isn't so shimmery and hope it does better. It was just a $1 so I don't see it as a big loss to try out a few and find the ones you like, but if you don't like shimmer, stay away from lilac petal! If you do like it, by all means you'll love it. It is a pretty pink color, so I'm really sad It didn't really work for me.