Evening primrose oil

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has changed my skin in a week! I'm 41 and have dealt with acne-prone skin since my teens. I've tried everything.....from low to high end, prescriptions to laser treatment, accutane, natural oils....the list goes on. I recently bought some evening primrose from Trader Joe's because I heard it helped with PMS symptoms and I've been having occasional night sweats (maybe I'm perimenopausel?). Anyway, I then looked on here to see what or if there were any reviews on it. I saw some MUAer's were pearcing the pills with a pin and using the oil topically on their skin so of course I thought...why not? I only use 1 to drops and then mix it with some rose water and pat all over my face. I use more oil on my back and chest. OMG my skin has made a 180. It's soft, clear, acne scars are healing quickly and my skin is glowing! The oil doesn't clog me at all. I have bacne as well and my back feels so smooth....and it never does!!! I'm sure it's the combo of taking it internally as well as topically but I'll update in a month to see if I'm getting the same effects.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought EPO capsules a few days ago b/c I heard that it is good for controlling hormonal acne and also works at plumping your skin. Last night I decided to use it topically. I was terrified that it would break me out bc EVERYTHING breaks me out. I woke up this morning and was pleasantly surprised that my skin was a lot less oily than usual and it did seem to be more plump. I am very excited to see what the effects will be the longer I use it! I am starting Retin-A tonight, so I hope this will help combat initial purging and irritation!

I use this product topically 2-3 times per week. I generally buy the capsules (the smaller dose ones!) and puncture them as needed. I usually apply at night and do a bit of a face massage to work the product in. A little goes a long way - but since its night, it doesn't really matter if it looks a tad greasy. If my skin is extra dry, I will sometimes rub into my skin when I wake up, make breakfast, etc. then just wash it off in the shower.

This oil is a great, inexpensive, and effective moisturizing treatment for dry, sensitive, and breakout prone skin. Since using, my skin looks more hydrated (glowy), plumped, and smoother. I haven't noticed it clogging my pores at all. In fact, I find it gets rid of those little flakes that are blackheads waiting to happen.

Will definitely continue to purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

***This review is for internal use, pill form. Contact your doctor first.***

I LOVE this!! I take this for my skin. I started taking this before I found out that a lot of my acne was based on product reactions, and it STILL prevented any cystic pimples from that moment on. I still have not gotten ONE. I had a few surface ones (due to products), but when I stopped the product, those pretty much stopped too. I'm down to blackheads and whiteheads which I'm now trying to find out if that is product caused as well. But this is a miracle. No more painful acne!! Now if I could only stop picking at my face I'd be good....

As a side, I have popped capsules and used on my face. I don't know if that works for me because it may clog a little, but it's in a vitamin e base and some people swear by that as a good moisturizer for their face. I've used it on open cuts/popped pimples to reduce inflammation and heal them. But internally, I love it.

As far as for menstrual issues, I have normal/heavy periods since taking it, and didn't find any changes. I also had some breast pain which I didn't have before, but similar to cramps, I only get those symptoms occasionally. I don't think its from the pills. I started this because I thought my acne was due to hormone imbalances (which it could be in part) but it hasn't changed my cycle at all. Maybe because my periods aren't so life altering for me (except for the tiredness I get). If you have severe symptoms, it might help. But it definitely helps skin!

***Update*** I had reordered these a few times and gone through a few bottles, but recently when I was out, I decided to try and stop taking them and see if I still broke out the same amount. I was still getting about one pimple a day, with bumps and blackheads too. Same dice. Maybe it really doesn't do a lot? Maybe I was just reacting to products before I had tried this and possibly still am now, or maybe it's just deeper internal issues. I guess everyone is different but I stopped spending my money on it, because I don't think it's really doing much after all :( I have also switched products around many times and I still do break out. I do believe that I am very sensitive and react to pretty much everything I put on my face but I don't think my acne is hormonal. I eventually tried BC pills and it was no change at all. I think some of it just comes up regardless, but I have seen certain products create a different kind of acne reaction so I know that's a major part of it. But for whatever aspect of my issues are indeed internal, this didn't *stop* them either. Since nothing works topically to clear me totally, despite trying. This just didn't do enough for me. Bummer.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have never tried EPO internally, as I'm very lucky that I do not experience severe menstrual issues or PMS. I use EPO mixed with Rosehip Seed Oil as my night treatment. I mix about 5-6 drops of Rosehip Seed Oil with a few drops of EPO and massage it into my entire face, outside area of ears (don't forget that area, ladies!), neck, and entire chest area. I notice a huge difference in my skin when I use the two of these in conjunction. My skin is clearer, plumped, and glowing in the morning. No chemicals, no preservatives - just pure, natural, healing oils. I do not use EPO or Rosehip Seed Oil during the day as it would be too oily for me, but it is hands down the best night treatment in the world. I buy the Now brand for both oils and both will run me less than $20.00 and last for a few months or more. So, this is a very inexpensive facial treatment as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this oil. I got it in bottle form for skin and hair, but I haven't gotten to using it for that because I also got a lot of different ones and I have not gotten to using it yet. BUT I did use it for the following...
I was experiencing strange menstrual stuff. My period is usually pretty regular, although in recent months I've had these crazy symptoms. Like I've been loosing more hair than usual, nearly half of one of my eyebrows is gone, I've lost quite some weight which I can't seem to get back, and other things. Well this was the first time my period was late. It was like 5 days past when I should be getting it and I was worried, and I read that EPO could help so I took some in the afternoon, and by morning I got my friend! I was actually never so glad to be visited by mother nature haha

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I've been taking these orally for the last few weeks. The brand that I brought (Cenovis) advertise it to be for Menstrual and Breast pain. I don't don't have any problem with my cycle at all. My breast on the other hand gets sharp aches from time to time. I assure everyone I've seen the doctors numerous times, numerous awkward and uncomfortable appointments, and it is confirmed, nothing to worry about, apparently it's normal.
I purchase this randomly cause I saw the word Breast Pain on the bottle, no thoughts or research, no time wasted I was taking this orally 2-3 times a day.

My breast pain didn't go away, but the burst of random sharp aches, reduced significantly. Before I would get sharp pain on a daily basis, oftenly and randomly. Now I notice it's just really random and less frequent that i actually don't remember when the last time it happened.
There was a lot of changes to my skin though, that not only myself, but my everyone around me seemed to notice.
I get acne every now and then, but not as often anymore, my face has been oily in the recent months for some unapparent reason. Anyway the acne would take forever to heal, but I notice since taking EPO, my oily face has reduce quiet a lot and the acne or any skin blemishes/cut and bruises heals a lot quicker.

I later did some research on EPO, only after about 2 months of taking it did I realise it was good for skin, menstrual cycle and hormones. Some websites did mention reduction in breast pain, but it wasn't mention as often as skin and menstrual. After doing the research, I was pleasantly surprise and happy that, my skin seems good, and my breast doesn't hurt as bad.
One side effect that was mention and I did see with myself is GAS LOL(Please don't laugh :) ). After every time I take EPO, about 20 minutes after I'm burping like crazy, even if I haven't ate or drank anything beside water with the EPO. My partner says better burping then being the other sort of gas. the burping isn't permanent, and its only after I consume the EPO, and its only happens for about 30 minutes.

This product literally saved my face! I had been getting horrible acne that was hormonal (but didn't only happen around my period- my hormones were so out of whack); I heard this helps so I bought some and yes it does! I apply it topically and had been taking it orally for about a month, but when I realized this didn't help with other PMS symptoms like cramps I stopped. I rarely get any cystic acne like I used to from my hormones so I know this is helping. I only get a few breakouts around my period now. It's a bit expensive but definitely worth it for me. I buy this brand called Barlean's that can be found at health stores & probably Whole Foods.

I've been using EPO for over a year due to horrible menstrual cramps (all my life) and a new condition that included cystic pimples on my back, horrible fatigue right before my period and visible bloating that would cause me to wear losely fitted clothing for several days. The acne was horrible, huge, itchy and worse of all...I couldn't reach it because it was on my back. I began using the capsules as a lotion by puncturring them and applying it after I bathed all over my body. I did not put it on my back because It's Inaccessible but I didn't have to apply it directly to notice the results. The pimples were diminishing, the fatigue went away immediately, my bloating (looked like muffin top) went away and my cramps got sooooo much better. I told my doctor and he said is was regulating my estrogen levels but naturally. The birth control pill is suppose to be a form of estrogen control but it's engineered whereas EPO is natural (Proestrogen). A bonus is the way my overal skin feels, soft and luminous. I am extremely happy those huge cystic pimple on my back went away and now a year later I have NONE. I knew it was hormonal and I did not want to take birth control because of the side effects. I told everyone at work about this miracle oil. And as I read other posts, I will begin to apply it to my hair. Taking the pill orally helped the cramps and the pimples, but applying it directly to the skin does more wonders on me. So as a result of taking it:
-No more backne (back acne)
-No more horrible premenstrual fatigue
-No more visible bloating (bye, bye muffin top)
-No more hourly long cringging menstrual cramps that turned me into a basketcase and made me cry.
Hello.....I'm using this oil forever!!!

I hope this helps some poor soul out there trying to find a cure for her ailments.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Recently after a breakout from a horrible sunscreen I used a balancing gel that helped so much that it dried my cheeks to a rather nasty flakey texture...uh oh! Out of desperation (no rosehip oil left) I decided to split a capsule of Evening primrose oil to apply topically to my face and have continued to do so nightly for the last few months. I only use a half a capsules worth on my face after cleansing and rub the remainder of the oil into the skin around my elbows. What I have found is that not only is the oil extremely nourishing and easily absorbed but it leaves my skin silky smooth and glowing the next morning. The extra bonus is I am noticing my skin is looking plump and some of the more pronounced smile lines are shrinking ever so slightly. The oil does not break my skin out or congest my skin and is so reasonably priced! I pay AUD$19.95 for 400 capsules, originally purchased for balancing pmt symptoms...double happiness! I suggest giving it a go, I am loving it!