July 29, 2014 | 1257 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

I wish I had written a review of Studio Fix powder back when I used it regularly! Now, it's hard for me to compare. I went off Studio Fix for a while and then one day went to MAC intending to repurchase. The SA recommended this instead, saying he thought Studio Fix would be too heavy and dry on me. I do think the Mineralize powder had a more natural look and feel; I like that the Light shade is more neutral, rather than truly yellow or pink like NC/NW15. It was a good colour match for me. However, I really prefer to have the option of more coverage; with Studio Fix you can apply lightly with a brush or heavily with a sponge, but with this, nothing really gave more than a sheer coverage. I also needed a touch of matte powder in my T-zone, and more frequent touchups. So the product did not last long -- even less time than a pan of Studio Fix -- and I doubt I'll buy again.

This sounds like a negative review, but I gave 4 lippies because it did what it said on the box (natural, light cover, easy application, great colour match) and I can see it working for lots of people really well. It just happened to have a couple of specific downsides that meant it's no HG for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Jessabell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is without a shadow of a doubt the best powder i have ever used! I bought this on a whim and it is the best thing I have ever done! I use this to set my foundation. It is light coverage which is really all you should be using when its just to set a foundation in my opinion. This actually makes my skin look totally airbrushed and perfect! The colour is the first colour (apart from translucent ones) that is actually perfect on my skin. Others, despite being fair on the packaging (and looking fairer than this) just made a noticeable difference in shading that shouldnt have been there.

My gripes are that it should be a tad more matt but its not making me oily so its really jut a preference that i have. Secons is the fact that if you have any dry patches and apply a little too heavily it will accentuate those patches. Really this just means make sure you take care with the change of weather and heating etc because I know thats why i had a small amount on my nose now its coming into winter here. The third being that I dont like the packing. Its a bit cheap looking, even in the feel of it and it should include a mirror for touch ups while out and about. Neither are deal breakers though. Its fantastic. Highly Recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by katiedelaney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is good but it broke me out :( Mac products do

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by checotah44

I LOVED this powder. Natural finish....BUT...within three days had three cystic acne pimples...big ones...I had to return it. Looked on the box and it has bismuth which makes me break out. Wish I had known this before I purchase.

2013; Still looking for a good dupe for this powder. Someone suggested Smooth Minerals from Avon but NO!!!! It has BISMUTH too! Most of their powders do. Why do cosmetics put this awful ingredient in their cosmetics. if I wear a powder with Bismuth, I will get a large gigantic cyctic pimple within hours! And I'm 49 years old and don't break out! So any suggestions....on a good MSF dupe without bismuth would be appreciated. I'm gonna try the Hard Candy Bronzer in Tiki to see if it might give me the subtle glow I'm looking for.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Musoukakitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gosh what isn't there to say about this product? The fact that my 2$ powder did a better job than it and the only thing Mac had against it was a slightly better color match(which would go somewhat orange pretty quickly

Pros
- Half decent coverage
- Good color match

Cons
-Was breaking me out for a while and I didn't realize it, the I accidentally passed out in it and woke up to large pimples all over the place. Fun
-Turns orange quickly
-Doesn't help with oil or shine, which I didn't know I had in the slightest until this product
-Expensive
-The powder goes on very cake-like despite not covering the same as a very cakey foundation
- Settles into lines
- When using a brush to pick up the slightest tap onto it quickly sends powder all over my clothes

I honestly am seriously upset I didn't keep the receipt and ask out the return policy.

Either way my sensitive skin did NOT like this product in the slightest.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i really wanted to love this. I'd heard SO MUCH good stuff about it! and for $30, it should be awesome, right?! unfortunately not :/

the powder comes of very easily onto the brush/puff (almost TOO easily), and goes on evenly. my favorite part abou tthis product is how it takes skin with foundation on it and make it look like just SKIN. its amazing in that aspect.

but the good stuff stops there, at least for me. after about a half hour or so, it oxidized terribly. i'm NC10-15, so orange is not a good color for me. i tried using it with other foundations, and that didnt help. so I thought perhaps it was my BHA (under my ss/primer) that was making it oxidize. i tried this without the BHA. nope, didnt help. *sigh* and i guess i shoudl have just known it was the powder, when i looked at the puff the next day and IT was bright orange too :( but i wanted this to work!

so no, I would not re-buy. but its looking like i'm going to have to buy SOMETHING MAC, as i've lost the receipt for this, and will only be getting store credit.....

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by EminemIsSexyy

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is not what I expected from a Mac product. The powder does nothing. If anything, it just adds cakeyness to your skin. I do not like this product and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by galcapsfan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So after stalking this product for so long, I finally decided to pay the 30 dollars and purchase it. I have never used anything like this at all! It isn't my go to foundation for summer, in fact I don't like it for summer but in the fall, winter and early spring I really get use out of it. It is light, with good coverage, doesn't cake up, and it can be used as a setting powder to powder without it caking up. Great for photos as well! The only reason why it was deducted a lippie was because of the price and because I can't use it in the summer. Other than that I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by pinklashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first review, but I felt inclined to review this product because I have never gotten so many compliments on my skin in my life. I have acne scarring near my chin and since I'm pale it shows up super red. Solution = conceal them as best I can then apply MSFN with a flat top brush in a press and roll/ press and flick motion. The MSFN helps to make the concealer appear part of the skin rather then this cakey mess in only one section on your face.

So obviously I never get compliments on my skin, except for when I went to the mall with MSFN on! I got a compliment in sephora asking me what foundation I use because my skin had a beautiful glow. I got a compliment in MAC because I was asking about the MAC studio fix power + foundation and the sales lady told me that "it will hide imperfections, I don't know if you have any but if you do ..." which was awesome because I have very dark acne scars! yay!

It is more expensive then MAC studio fix powder + foundation (MSFN = 10g for C$34, MAC studio fix ect.. = 15g for $34) *generally

So if acne scars ect.. conceal them first because this powder is not full converage, but I would definitely recommend this product.

I think the packaging is super pretty but I am worried about putting it in my purse, have never tried to do so.

*In case you are wondering, the products I wore at the stores when I got compliments
- concealer
-MSFN - light
- MAC crew highlighter (worn as blush)
- the bronzer that comes in the revlon photoready sculpting palette
- mascara by Hard Candy (C$8 at Walmart)
- The Naked2 palette (suspect inner corner, verve middle lid, snakebite outer corner + crease, buster as upper lash eyeliner, bootycall as highlighter + bottom inner corner)
- Stile starfruit lipglaze + stila apricote lip glaze

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by ilovetocount

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was on the fence about this product when I first bought it. I was using it as a setting powder, and it just didn't work for some reason. Fast forward a few weeks later when I started using Retin-A. All of my liquid and cream foundations looked absolutely horrible on my red, slightly flaky skin. In desperation, I reached for this powder. Voila, I found something that worked. Although the light coverage doesn't quite cover all of my flaws (pigmentation issues), it gives a soft natural finish that I can definitely live with.
It's also a breeze to apply. I use a kabuki brush and gently press and buff into my skin. I'm NC15 and light is a good match, but may be a tad dark for some.