Bourjois 10hr Sleep Effect

Bourjois 10hr Sleep Effect
image 1image 2image 3

3.9

Water, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Fragrance, Alcohol Denat, Glyceryl Linoleate, Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Linolenate, Tocopherol /- (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77019/Mica)

on 4/6/2012 3:29:00 PM

I took a bit of a risk buying this foundation after my unfavourable experience with healthy mix, but I was pleasantly suprised. This is a light coverage foundation that can be built to a light/medium finish. Also I think I was very lucky in that the lightest colour was a perfect match for me. The texture is fantastic and easy to blend. Weirdly this left me with a lovely glow to my skin and given that this seems to be touted as more moisturising than healthy mix I am suprised because healthy mix made me look like a greaseball. However like the healthy mix it made me break out on my forehead in small bumps. I think I must react to something in these foundations. Overall though I really liked it and was so disappointed to have to put it to the back of my makeup draw because of the spot issue as it really did look lovely. (I used this in winter when my skin was drier so I would recomend this for normal/slightly dry although if you have a slightly oily face you may just be able to get away with it with a good powder and some blotting paper).

on 4/4/2012 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The colour range is poor but it's totally worth investigating as it's one of the best foundations I've tried. I really love it and love the fact that it's so inexpensive. Healthy mix is amazing too. So the deal is Bourjois actually owns Chanel, so the formula is similar but sheerer than the Vitalumière Aqua and similar to the new Nars Pure Radiant Tinted moisturizer at half the price. It covers minor redness and pigmentation, it has a second skin finish and has vitamins to pick up tired skin. Love it!

on 4/2/2012 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

Can't add much to what's been said, so I took photos.

Sheer coverage foundation. Great pump, Only colours available for very fair to medium/tan skin tones. No true olive undertones. Strong floral scent. Needs to be removed with a makeup remover (preferably oil based) or it will leave a residue and may lead to breakouts.

Here are some swatches, My lovely boyfriend volunteered to help. The first two swatches on him are nc20 in mac studio fix fluid and nc15 in the same foundation. The rest are 10 hour sleep effect, 71 at the left going up in numbers along his arm until his eldbow.

The underside of my arm is a bit paler than nc35. 77 starts at my elbow and goes down in numbers along my arm.

PS here are the photos.

Full Size Image

Full Size Image

This is a gorgeous foundation! Bourjois's foundations are the first that I've used that I think have actually made my skin look more flawless, as opposed to mask-like and orange. I usually use the Healthy Serum foundation, which I think has slightly more coverage, but at the moment my skin is in good condition and I'm really loving this one. The coverage isn't very heavy so it's perhaps best for people who don't have a lot to cover-up. I use the palest shade, shade 71, and it's a thin, pale liquid that blends easily and leaves your skin looking dewy, fresh and glowing.

on 3/30/2012 4:41:00 AM

Nice foundation, perfect for spring or autumn, when the sun isn't burning that much. It has a dewy finish, which is accentuated on oily skin and thus, during hot days I would not recommend it. Plus, it does not have SPF so you need to use a face cream that does. Coverage is almost minimum, so you cannot use it if you have something else on your mind. But overall, it gives a nice glow to the face (just like Healthy mix foundation) and a certain luminosity. It looks very natural and staying power is generally good.

on 3/24/2012 6:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My colour was 71- the palest one, and this matched my skin perfectly. This gave a light coverage, but sometimes I built up thin layers, and if you don't want so much shine from it then I would use a powder- then it becomes quite good coverage! The scent of this was lovely and, sort of expensive smelling. I doubt this is good for oily skin because, it gives you a bit of a shine when you first apply it, so it would slide of the skin. I wouldn't buy it again for the fact it was too shiny for me, not so much dewy but oily.

on 3/10/2012 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

At first I absolutely loved this foundation, because it was one of only a few that didn't dry out my skin or highlight my dry patches. Unfortunately the coverage is more like that of a tinted moisturiser and didn't provide the coverage I was after. Would be great for someone with fairly good skin who only needs a sheer coverage that likes a more moisturising formula. I wouldn't advise anyone with an oily skin to purchase this as I would imagine it would only exacerbate the oiliness.

Overall, not a bad foundation from Bourjois, I just wish they would bring back Happy Light because for me it had the perfect balance between moisturisation and coverage.

I bought this product, having read many promising reviews online. I bought it in shade 71 Abricot Clair. I have very pale skin and it is usually difficult to find a foundation that matchs my skin tone, but this is really the only one I've found that matches my skin best, if not perfectly.
I have combination skin, slightly oily t-zone but mostly dry skin, and when I first bought this it was the best foundation I'd ever had for my skin type. It seemed to help my dry skin, as it does claim to have plenty of vitamins and minerals.
My first impression was that it really lights up and makes your face look radiant, and the fact that it seemed to moisturise slightly was a big plus too.
I bought this in the Summer and it lasted right until Winter, 7 months! I bought it again and I still have lots left in the bottle. I apply it with brush and if I want more coverage I will apply powder on top, but I dont really feel the need to very often.
HOWEVER. Just recently I have decided that this just about perfect foundation isn't really doing its job anymore. My skin has started to feel greasy when I put it on but it makes my skin flakier and it really does nothing to hide the flakes.
I'm really quite disappointed now, as I thought this would be my always go-to foundation. I will probably use this until the bottle runs out, but I really would like to find a new foundation soon. I love the Bourjois brand, so I might try the Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation.

Overall, I think this foundation would NOT be good if you have problems with really dry skin OR really oily skin. It worked fine for my combination skin for a while, but it just hasn't lived up to its standards lately for me. One thing I will say is, the look of it is very natural. Althought I have said a few bad things, I love the look this foundation gives.

on 3/7/2012 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Edit- the smell of this us so disgusting i feel nauseated when i use it, so now i use it seldom, only if i'm in a rush.
The finish is beautiful, coverage is like a tinted moisturizer. My colour is 73 and it goes perfectly. I am wary about lasting power even after setting it with powder.

on 2/25/2012 5:53:00 PM

I bought this foundation because Lisa Eldridge recommended it and I'm very much disappointed. Noway does fulfill what the name suggests to you. The coverage is minimum, the lasting is very average and it does not come any close to normal 6 hour night sleep let alone 10! The finish is not dewy to be exact but rather greasy!

With BB creams nowadays no one needs such foundation!