July 22, 2014 | 1251 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - 10hr Sleep Effect

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Ewabili

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The colour range is poor but it's totally worth investigating as it's one of the best foundations I've tried. I really love it and love the fact that it's so inexpensive. Healthy mix is amazing too. So the deal is Bourjois actually owns Chanel, so the formula is similar but sheerer than the Vitalumière Aqua and similar to the new Nars Pure Radiant Tinted moisturizer at half the price. It covers minor redness and pigmentation, it has a second skin finish and has vitamins to pick up tired skin. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Moopeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Can't add much to what's been said, so I took photos.

Sheer coverage foundation. Great pump, Only colours available for very fair to medium/tan skin tones. No true olive undertones. Strong floral scent. Needs to be removed with a makeup remover (preferably oil based) or it will leave a residue and may lead to breakouts.

Here are some swatches, My lovely boyfriend volunteered to help. The first two swatches on him are nc20 in mac studio fix fluid and nc15 in the same foundation. The rest are 10 hour sleep effect, 71 at the left going up in numbers along his arm until his eldbow.

The underside of my arm is a bit paler than nc35. 77 starts at my elbow and goes down in numbers along my arm.

PS here are the photos.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by littleantlers85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous foundation! Bourjois's foundations are the first that I've used that I think have actually made my skin look more flawless, as opposed to mask-like and orange. I usually use the Healthy Serum foundation, which I think has slightly more coverage, but at the moment my skin is in good condition and I'm really loving this one. The coverage isn't very heavy so it's perhaps best for people who don't have a lot to cover-up. I use the palest shade, shade 71, and it's a thin, pale liquid that blends easily and leaves your skin looking dewy, fresh and glowing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by irina1411

Nice foundation, perfect for spring or autumn, when the sun isn't burning that much. It has a dewy finish, which is accentuated on oily skin and thus, during hot days I would not recommend it. Plus, it does not have SPF so you need to use a face cream that does. Coverage is almost minimum, so you cannot use it if you have something else on your mind. But overall, it gives a nice glow to the face (just like Healthy mix foundation) and a certain luminosity. It looks very natural and staying power is generally good.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by MegElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

My colour was 71- the palest one, and this matched my skin perfectly. This gave a light coverage, but sometimes I built up thin layers, and if you don't want so much shine from it then I would use a powder- then it becomes quite good coverage! The scent of this was lovely and, sort of expensive smelling. I doubt this is good for oily skin because, it gives you a bit of a shine when you first apply it, so it would slide of the skin. I wouldn't buy it again for the fact it was too shiny for me, not so much dewy but oily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

At first I absolutely loved this foundation, because it was one of only a few that didn't dry out my skin or highlight my dry patches. Unfortunately the coverage is more like that of a tinted moisturiser and didn't provide the coverage I was after. Would be great for someone with fairly good skin who only needs a sheer coverage that likes a more moisturising formula. I wouldn't advise anyone with an oily skin to purchase this as I would imagine it would only exacerbate the oiliness.

Overall, not a bad foundation from Bourjois, I just wish they would bring back Happy Light because for me it had the perfect balance between moisturisation and coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2012 6:01:00 AM More reviews by makeupmymind1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product, having read many promising reviews online. I bought it in shade 71 Abricot Clair. I have very pale skin and it is usually difficult to find a foundation that matchs my skin tone, but this is really the only one I've found that matches my skin best, if not perfectly.
    I have combination skin, slightly oily t-zone but mostly dry skin, and when I first bought this it was the best foundation I'd ever had for my skin type. It seemed to help my dry skin, as it does claim to have plenty of vitamins and minerals.
    My first impression was that it really lights up and makes your face look radiant, and the fact that it seemed to moisturise slightly was a big plus too.
    I bought this in the Summer and it lasted right until Winter, 7 months! I bought it again and I still have lots left in the bottle. I apply it with brush and if I want more coverage I will apply powder on top, but I dont really feel the need to very often.
    HOWEVER. Just recently I have decided that this just about perfect foundation isn't really doing its job anymore. My skin has started to feel greasy when I put it on but it makes my skin flakier and it really does nothing to hide the flakes.
    I'm really quite disappointed now, as I thought this would be my always go-to foundation. I will probably use this until the bottle runs out, but I really would like to find a new foundation soon. I love the Bourjois brand, so I might try the Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation.

Overall, I think this foundation would NOT be good if you have problems with really dry skin OR really oily skin. It worked fine for my combination skin for a while, but it just hasn't lived up to its standards lately for me. One thing I will say is, the look of it is very natural. Althought I have said a few bad things, I love the look this foundation gives.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Edit- the smell of this us so disgusting i feel nauseated when i use it, so now i use it seldom, only if i'm in a rush.
    The finish is beautiful, coverage is like a tinted moisturizer. My colour is 73 and it goes perfectly. I am wary about lasting power even after setting it with powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Surviliful

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation because Lisa Eldridge recommended it and I'm very much disappointed. Noway does fulfill what the name suggests to you. The coverage is minimum, the lasting is very average and it does not come any close to normal 6 hour night sleep let alone 10! The finish is not dewy to be exact but rather greasy!

With BB creams nowadays no one needs such foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by tinks13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel like I have tried every foundation on this planet and for me this comes out as the winner every single time. I've tried a huge range of high and low end and nothing matches up to this. First the packaging; it comes in a small sleek bottle, compact for makeup bags and light enough to carry around. It comes with a pump which can be considered to be a bonus considering many high ends don't provide one. The foundation itself is like gold dust, it's light and just blends in with the skin seamlessly. I find that with all Bourjois foundations applying with fingers helps it blend better with the skin.It has a light to medium coverage, evens out skin tone and just makes your skin look like skin but better and provides that dewy glowing finish. I would say it's probably not a foundation to go for if you're looking for coverage, you need pretty good skin for it. The only two cons I can think of is that there aren't a huge range of shades and their undertones are too pink or beige, I just wish they had one that was slightly more yellow. The other downside is that it doesn't show in pictures at all and that's not in a good way lol. It looks like you I have nothing on like complete no foundation. I used it everyday in the summer, it's my number one summer foundation, HG status for me :D I'm an NC35 and used shade 75 Abricote! And the price is a big time bonus! Finally a high street brand that doesn't test on animals and makes amazing products :D