September 17, 2014 | 1883 users online

Skincare - Face - The Body Shop - Aloe Gentle Facial Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 9:07:00 AM More reviews by kf1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best face wash I've ever used - the pump it comes in gives a perfect amount everytime, and when you put it on your face you can actually feel it sinking into your pores, which is so satisfying.

It's not harsh at all, neither is it greasy or drying and so it's perfect for people of all skin types. When you wash the product off, your skin looks so much healthier it is positively glowing.

It lasts for ages without you having to be stingy with the product, and it has a nice fresh scent - however, this doesn't linger, so if you don't like the smell then you don't need to worry about reeking of it all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Audrey882

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is perfect for sensitive and combination skin. The pump bottle is very easy to use and 1 pump is enough to cleanse your entire face (without makeup), 1 1/2 pumps is enough to cleanse your face of all powder grade makeups. Also the texture of the foam is incredibly soft but not too creamy and cleanses the skin without leaving residue and without drying the skin and is unscented and does not irritate the skin. Only downside is that this cleanser will only partially remove liquid foundations, moisturizers and sunscreen (even the oil free stuff) with the first wash, it would take 2 or more washes of 1 pump to remove these completely, and unfortunately 2-3 pumps in one wash will not. Otherwise, this is a great overall cleanser and the price is right ($16 from the Body Shop for 4.2 oz/125 mL). Definitely recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by eroe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I entered the store specifically for a cleanser that would work with my dry skin. The associate recommended Aloe Vera Facial Wash and I tried it out for three weeks. I have dry skin (though a bit oily at time for my nose) and I felt that this wash made it even dryer.

In terms of make-up removal I did not find this cleanser to be the best but it was very decent. I had to wash twice to ensure that all the make-up had been removed.

This product produced no breakouts or allergic reactions on my skin. It is something that would be suitable for those who have sensitive skin.

Over the Internet I read about how the scent was unpleasant for some people but I didn't even notice it. The cleanser was very foamy and felt great.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Georgeous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

not a bad facewash, foams up nicely but a little drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by hengs

Skin type - Dry skin
It was an okay cleanser, but it was little dry for me since I have dry skin. No scent, mild, but I won't repurchase it. I'll look for something more moisturizing cleanser than this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by frankcastle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, skin with occasional dry patches on the tip of my nose and underneath my cheeks. I thought this cleanser would be pretty good for me as a magazine recommended it for sensitive skin. It cleans alright, I guess, but I wouldn't really know because I only used it after my make-up remover to clean the oily 'film' that is left. It does have a fresh feeling and I like the relatively un-fragrant smell. I hate products that are very scented because they just scream out AGGRAVATION. Anyway, I tried to like this since the price was so good but I just could not because my skin felt extremely tight after every wash and it was very drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by DidgeridooYourNails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

You feel refreshed and clean after using this wash. Didn't think the foam would really clean but it does seem to work. Your skin does feel a little tight afterwards so it is not as gentle as I thought it would be and I do not have sensitive skin. It is ok.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Safin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about the foaming cleanser from the Body Shop line.
I am normally using the cream version, but in summer my face is more oily and I am using mineral sunscreen now and than, so I wanted to try the foaming one.

First of all, the bottle will not last a long time, I think about a month.

The foam does not dry out my skin, but there is SLES in it and I have the feeling that this is irritating my eyes.
To remove sunscreen you have to use a lot of the product.

I will stick to the cream version.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2009 7:27:00 AM More reviews by jaimengaw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

its a really gentle wash.. being using for 3-4 months in the past and it certainly is pretty good..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by squeex

I like this stuff. I have sensitive skin, but I find this face wash to be very gentle. It does remove my makeup well, as long as I use a sufficient amount product. This pumps out in a foam, which is kinda cool. The smell is nice too. My only complaint is the price. For the amount you get, $16cdn is kind of a rip-off.