The Body Shop Aloe Gentle Facial Wash

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Pentylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Tocopherol.

on 12/22/2010 12:41:00 AM

I have mixed feelings about this wash. Foaming cleansers in general can be problematic for me, but I have trouble finding non-foaming cleansers that I actually like. This one isn't particularly offensive; its ingredient list is mercifully short (though it does contain SLS. D'oh!) and it doesn't seem to break me out or give me contact dermatitis. It is, however, a little drying, so I mix it with an equal amount of ceraVe hydrating cleanser (which is a little too emollient) - a totally genius move on my part. This combo gets me clean and refreshed with no irritation or filmy residue. Unfortunately, I don't believe this cleanser is a particularly good buy. It's about $16.00 for 4.2 oz. and in three weeks I've gone through it like gangbusters. Not worth it, IMHO.

on 10/1/2010 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is good just not for oily acne prone skin so sad. But for those w dry sensitive skin would be great. That why I still think this is a good product just not for me. My skin was a little dry from acne line so I bought this to help lessen the dryness. At first it was great but then I started to break out : (

on 8/23/2010 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I haven't had much success with foaming facial cleansers; they usually leave my skin too dry and/or irritated. However, I'm glad to announce one exception to that rule! I usually try to avoid TBS products for their heavy fragrance content. But I'm so glad they have the fragrance-free Aloe product line. I bought the facial wash along with the moisturizer with SPF 15. With the cleanser, I find that 1,5 pumps is enough for full cleansing in the evening. I use minimal makeup, and this cleanser takes care of all that, and leaves my face feeling comfortably clean. However, because my skin is very sensitive, every cleanser with detergent cleansing agents might cause slight irritation in the long run. But this has been an excellent cleanser for my very oily summer skin when alternated with another cream cleanser. I'm sure I will try more products from the Aloe line as well.

on 6/13/2010 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I find this to be very gentle yet effective. It doesn't irritate my skin, doesn't dry it out. I'm rather a fan of gel cleansers than of those foams, but I got used to it.
It doesn't leave my skin feeling incredibly clean, but when I use a toner afterwards, it never picks up any left dirt on my skin.
The price is okay for what you get and I like the packaging.
The smell is pretty neutral, nothing special.
All in all a very good product for irritated and sensitive skin. I'd defenitely reccomend it and will probably repurchase.

on 5/26/2010 1:54:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The Body Shop Aloe Gentle Facial Wash did not make my face feel clean. Maybe it is su[pposed to feel this way (i.e. not stripping good oils etc), but I also felt that my makeup was not washed off properly. Seems very gentle, but I need something stronger. I feel that even Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser does a better job cleaning my face. I like the pump with the wash foam though, but other than that...the search goes on...

on 5/4/2010 9:07:00 AM

This is the best face wash I've ever used - the pump it comes in gives a perfect amount everytime, and when you put it on your face you can actually feel it sinking into your pores, which is so satisfying.

It's not harsh at all, neither is it greasy or drying and so it's perfect for people of all skin types. When you wash the product off, your skin looks so much healthier it is positively glowing.

It lasts for ages without you having to be stingy with the product, and it has a nice fresh scent - however, this doesn't linger, so if you don't like the smell then you don't need to worry about reeking of it all day.

on 4/18/2010 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product is perfect for sensitive and combination skin. The pump bottle is very easy to use and 1 pump is enough to cleanse your entire face (without makeup), 1 1/2 pumps is enough to cleanse your face of all powder grade makeups. Also the texture of the foam is incredibly soft but not too creamy and cleanses the skin without leaving residue and without drying the skin and is unscented and does not irritate the skin. Only downside is that this cleanser will only partially remove liquid foundations, moisturizers and sunscreen (even the oil free stuff) with the first wash, it would take 2 or more washes of 1 pump to remove these completely, and unfortunately 2-3 pumps in one wash will not. Otherwise, this is a great overall cleanser and the price is right ($16 from the Body Shop for 4.2 oz/125 mL). Definitely recommended.

on 4/18/2010 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I entered the store specifically for a cleanser that would work with my dry skin. The associate recommended Aloe Vera Facial Wash and I tried it out for three weeks. I have dry skin (though a bit oily at time for my nose) and I felt that this wash made it even dryer.

In terms of make-up removal I did not find this cleanser to be the best but it was very decent. I had to wash twice to ensure that all the make-up had been removed.

This product produced no breakouts or allergic reactions on my skin. It is something that would be suitable for those who have sensitive skin.

Over the Internet I read about how the scent was unpleasant for some people but I didn't even notice it. The cleanser was very foamy and felt great.

on 3/6/2010 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

not a bad facewash, foams up nicely but a little drying.

on 3/2/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin type - Dry skin
It was an okay cleanser, but it was little dry for me since I have dry skin. No scent, mild, but I won't repurchase it. I'll look for something more moisturizing cleanser than this.

Popular Face Skincare Products