April 17, 2014 | 1680 users online

Skincare - Face - The Body Shop - Aloe Gentle Facial Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by eroe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I entered the store specifically for a cleanser that would work with my dry skin. The associate recommended Aloe Vera Facial Wash and I tried it out for three weeks. I have dry skin (though a bit oily at time for my nose) and I felt that this wash made it even dryer.

In terms of make-up removal I did not find this cleanser to be the best but it was very decent. I had to wash twice to ensure that all the make-up had been removed.

This product produced no breakouts or allergic reactions on my skin. It is something that would be suitable for those who have sensitive skin.

Over the Internet I read about how the scent was unpleasant for some people but I didn't even notice it. The cleanser was very foamy and felt great.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Georgeous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

not a bad facewash, foams up nicely but a little drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by hengs

Skin type - Dry skin
It was an okay cleanser, but it was little dry for me since I have dry skin. No scent, mild, but I won't repurchase it. I'll look for something more moisturizing cleanser than this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by frankcastle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, skin with occasional dry patches on the tip of my nose and underneath my cheeks. I thought this cleanser would be pretty good for me as a magazine recommended it for sensitive skin. It cleans alright, I guess, but I wouldn't really know because I only used it after my make-up remover to clean the oily 'film' that is left. It does have a fresh feeling and I like the relatively un-fragrant smell. I hate products that are very scented because they just scream out AGGRAVATION. Anyway, I tried to like this since the price was so good but I just could not because my skin felt extremely tight after every wash and it was very drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by DidgeridooYourNails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

You feel refreshed and clean after using this wash. Didn't think the foam would really clean but it does seem to work. Your skin does feel a little tight afterwards so it is not as gentle as I thought it would be and I do not have sensitive skin. It is ok.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Safin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about the foaming cleanser from the Body Shop line.
I am normally using the cream version, but in summer my face is more oily and I am using mineral sunscreen now and than, so I wanted to try the foaming one.

First of all, the bottle will not last a long time, I think about a month.

The foam does not dry out my skin, but there is SLES in it and I have the feeling that this is irritating my eyes.
To remove sunscreen you have to use a lot of the product.

I will stick to the cream version.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2009 7:27:00 AM More reviews by jaimengaw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

its a really gentle wash.. being using for 3-4 months in the past and it certainly is pretty good..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by squeex

I like this stuff. I have sensitive skin, but I find this face wash to be very gentle. It does remove my makeup well, as long as I use a sufficient amount product. This pumps out in a foam, which is kinda cool. The smell is nice too. My only complaint is the price. For the amount you get, $16cdn is kind of a rip-off.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by elizabeth25

I absolutely love this product! I love the foam pump and this had been the second foam cleanser i tried, and this one out shined the other. I had breakout and dry skin but this helped my skin a lot! it was gentle enough to not make my skin react but definitely cleaned my face well. It goes by fast, but i think it's worth it because it works so well for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Aether

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Addictive stuff. I am a fan of this kind of wash, I found it very soothing and lovely to smooth into my face. I did notice that odd smell the first time I used it, but after shaking it (well, dropping it!) by accident before my next use, a very neutral smell emerged.. very faint, soapy smell. It is for sensitive skin after all, so it wont be as heavily perfumed as other products. I love the bottle most of all, much more hygenic than the normal bottles you squeeze, which ooze all over the opening, saves me from having to obsessively clean the bottle! Still, a price well worth paying for not having skin that feels all tight and stretched!

Update: As I got closer to the bottom I noticed that chemical smell. But this lasts so long and works so well that it is a small problem!