November 23, 2014 | 2116 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by amieey

Pretty color

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by ahoynhr

Okay how do I put this. I actually loved this product until I came to find out there's a slight change in the ingredients. The newer version of Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil no longer contains rich sweet almond oil and mandarin orange to be honest.

So after using this lip balm for about a week I can see that my dark pigmented lips have brighten up to reveal that I have a mole on my upper lip and it's so cute, to me! This lip balm doesn't just stay put on your lips but it is absorbed by the skin leaving the lips soft and supple and all that yeha. But my biggest disappointment is, the newer ones have no more sweet almond oil.

Oh ya this is the new formula.
helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d’abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by sunshinechemist

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For me this is a solid B product (in my head that translates as 3.5 stars and I round toward the middle, yes, I'm weird). ------------------------------IME it doesn't tint my naked lips, but if I "blank" out my lips with my foundation I get a slight tint (possibly just from the balm removing the foundation). Texture wise, this is not the thicker waxy consistency of the original. This balm clearly has a higher oil to wax proportion. It's a thin slippery feeling (as opposed to a thicker slippery feeling like the l'oreal hip jelly balms, which I miss dearly). ----------------------------Does it moisturize? Yes, but nothing extraordinary. Whipped Shea butter works better for me. I would not repurchase as its nothing special to me, and I don't like that if I put it on before bed the red tint sometimes stains my pillow cases.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by minocchio

This is a great lip balm. It's winter here right now and my lips get really dry, so after a recommendation from my friend I decided to give this a try. The first thing I notices was the smell, it's faintly sweet yet refreshing and I love it. It didn't help the dry lips after the first few times I used it but after I used it before bed I woke up with soft, smooth lips. The packaging is not really for me, it's got a sturdy home-look and the cap can get annoying after frequent usage, but it's the stuff inside that really make a difference! Would definitely buy this again but for some reason a lot of pharmacies/supermarkets don't stock these here in Melbourne...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by jwudy

I bought this on sale when it was 40% off. I wanted to give it a try to see what all the fuss was about, but wasn't prepared to pay full price for something that was probably just all talk.

At first I was quite disappointed. It didn't feel moisturising enough to be worthy of its price but I kept using it anyway because of the scent. It's been around 3 weeks since I've been using it, and I'm not sure what changed (my attitude, the lipbalm or my other lipbalms???) but I'm beginning to really love this and prefer it over my other lipbalms. Babylips usually did the job for me but now this burts bees lipbalm has become my go-to lipbalm for these cold winter days.

I'll definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by elmc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this lip balm! This is definitely one of my beauty staples that I have to have with me anywhere I go. I have been using it for years and will continue to use it every day. It gives your lips a very subtle bit of color and requires only a small amount of product to leave lips feeling moisturized. I have tried other Burt's Bees lip balms and EOS but I have yet to find another lip balm that leaves my lips feeling as soft and rejuvenated as they do with the pomegranate oil lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by mervesen

It is a really good lip treatment product with a nice smell and scene. The only thing I dont like is that the lid became useless after a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Incredibly moisturizing, the best lip balm ever. I did not realize how amazing this balm was until I left for vacation, and forgot it back home. My lips are in dire need of it. It makes them soft, healthy, smooth and supple. It works wonders for chapped and broken skin on the lips, healing them within a few days. It's only three dollars, it's all natural, and has immediate effects for the skin. One con would be the packaging, it can push the product up if you leave it in your jean pocket. It will never prevent me from repurchasing it, as I have been for years. There will be no regrets from purchasing this product :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Zaramikeala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love it. It's pretty and glossy and it definitely improves texture and it feels nice and buttery

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by VidaSuicide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Definitely in my top three for these Burt's Bees lipbalms. I have the entire set and use them all the time. This is one of my most favorites. It isn't really all that different from any of the other ones. It doesn't feel particularly extra "replenishing" but it does feel great. It's perfectly moisturizing without being greasy or tacky. Leaves lips soft and smooth. It is a bit expensive for a lip balm/gloss but because of the quality of the product, you don't need to slather it on, a little goes a long way, so these last quite a while. Worth it in my opinion. The reason why I love it so much is the smell. It doesn't taste quite like it smells should you happen to lick your lips or decide to nibble a bit from the tube. It still tastes better than some of the other formulas! No weird tingling menthol feeling from this one. Just sweet, smooth perfection.