April 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by kileyw

I love this foundation and have repurchased it many times. The coverage is amazing. It's great for my problematic skin and I use it all over my whole face.

There's a few tricks to make it work though:
- It HAS to be sheered out or it will look extremely heavy
- Start with a small amount on your hand, then dab little dots of it on your face
- Using a damp makeup sponge (saturate it with warm water and squeeze out the excess) begin blending the foundation using the press and roll technique (don't rub)
- In areas that you need more coverage or on breakouts, dab on a small amount and blend it with your finger by patting it lightly

It can look a little too matte at first, but once it settles into your skin it has a really beautiful and natural looking finish. It's one of the only foundations I've tried that doesn't cause more breakouts, and it lasts throughout the day on my really oily skin. I recommend using the Complex 15 Daily Face Moisturizer under it because it leaves a matte finish which doubles as a primer. It's $30 at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by noelle001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hate to be the party pooper seeing all the other good reviews, but this foundation was terrible. It looked like I slathered oil all over my face and being really pale, no color matched my face. They all looked greasy.
The foundation highlighted my dry patches and didn't blend well. It didn't offer any coverage for my acne, it just made it more noticeable.
The price was okay, but not worth it. And the packaging was pretty bad, too. It gets really messy really fast. A pump would've been better.
Definitely won't be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by matt44bek

ok well i know some people say 'dont use this all over as it will look like a mask !" but i couldn't disagree more. I find this to be one of the better ... actually the BEST at hiding all forms of imperfections (redness, scars, acne) without looking like a mask. In fact i find the finish very natural as long as i dont use too much of the product ! Heres a couple of downsides ... 1. colour range (i am nw30 ) I originally bought nude 25 and while its ok it was not as yellow as i'd hoped and was a touch too light even for my paler winter skin. So i got gold 45 which is just a tad too dark for my skin on its own but mixed with the nude makes a great match and adds the warm yellow tones i needed. Problem solved. Number 2 problem is a small issue with packaging. This foundation is quite runny so u do need to be careful not to squeeze out too much (which i did on the first few uses). Price is ok (around $27 aus depending on where u can find it) and that leads to problem 3 availability ..especially for us Aussies. I bought my first on ebay and second tube on online uk store. Not ideal but i'll just buy a couple of back ups and have them sitting in my cupboard. Overall i thank Lisa Eldridge for putting me on to this makeup (she uses it as concealer mainly on her videos/clients) but i use it as an overall foundation and i think its brilliant !! I have lots of old acne scarring (not deep scars but it has made my skin tone very uneven) and lots of redness and this makes it all disappear. I'm not sure i'll ever go back to a standard drug store foundation ever again. Love Love Love it !

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by kmg85

PROS:
-Covers my acne scars and redness
-Looks great all day long even on my oily areas
-Goes on best with applied with fingers
-Feels great on my skin

CONS:
-A little pricey, but worth it
-Primer is a must under this foundation or else it will slide.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by hannahlane19

I'm surprises this foundation has had some bad reviews as for me it is my HG find.

Pros
- covers everything (acne, large pores, unevenness)
- doesn't look caked on
- gives a matte but natural finish
- makes the skin look flawless
- a little goes a long way

Cons

- the packaging means sometime the foundation leaks into the lid which makes me feel like I'm wasting product

apart from that I recommend this foundation to anyone!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by rjinlondon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Aah, I had been looking for a new foundation as I've tried so many recently. I have oily/combination skin and saw this in boots and thought I'd give it a go after reading reviews here. I've always had good skin, but over the last eyar have break outs, shiny t-zone and dry patches (I think from new birth control) so I've been hunting around for a liquid that wont make me shine or breakout.

Everything about the foundation is wrong for me!

It:

Highlights my dry patches even with mouisturiser on.

Looked dry and cakey around my eyes and t-zone

Highlights my pores and leaves my face looking dusty and blotchy.

Is drying and looks pasty the moment I wear it.

I've given it two days and I can't go any further with it, by far the worst foundation I have ever used!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is very GREASY on the skin and my skin isn't oily. Right after applying this is looks greasy and shiny and it still does after I powder it. It does not control oil at all and just continues to get even more shiny throughout the day. It makes my skin feel dirty and I can't wait to get it off when I wear it. Its definitely going back to CVS! It draws attention to dry spots and it also draws attention to pores. It seems to pool in all of the pores, which is not cute. The coverage is medium I would say, the box says light to medium coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by aldrinmoore

The amount of money I have spent on foundation is a joke.I've tried Giorgio Armani lasting silk, laura mercier silk crème, Revlon, Clinique, estee lauder, chanel, the list goes on & on.My georgio Armani was good but needed a few layers, this however is good price, colour ok I can live with it its not really a huge problem, coverage is very good, packaging can cut open to get last bits out, doesn't feel heavy, hopefully my skin will be abit more clearer as my pregnancy has given me a few spots and have quite abit of discolouration.
This is by far means not perfect but for the price and I think I need a rest from trying to find the perfect foundation which I don't think there ever will be this will do.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by hellodionne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only full coverage foundation that hasn't broken me out, and stays more matte than other heavy foundations like MAC Pro Longwear, Estee Lauder DW. I need to emphasize this: NO BREAKOUTS and perfect fullcoverage! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by MistressOfWisdom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have extremely sensitive skin (with large pores) that would consistently break out whenever I wore foundation in the past, but because this stuff is paraben-free, fragrance-free, and oil-free, non-comedogenic, and hypoallergenic, my skin is finally happy! This is the only foundation that I have ever been able to wear and it lasts ALL day. I have extremely oily skin and normally have to blot consistently throughout the day, with this stuff (paired with my urban decay de-slick foundation setting spray), I blot once throughout the ENTIRE day. The beauty of this product is that you can tap a very light layer of product to concentrate on fully covering up any uneven spots or blemishes. It's like having a concealer and foundation in one. I was shocked by the price of this product, considering the quality you're receiving. Because you need such a little amount, this stuff will last FOREVER. Factor in the cost and how long you'll have this stuff for, and it's a steal! The only downside that I could see, is the colour range. The range of colours for this line are quite poor. I have yellowy-neutral undertones and am quite fair throughout most of the year, so the Opal #15 was a perfect match for my skin. But my very very fair best friend, who has pink undertones to her skin, couldn't find a colour that matched her skin at all. You'll definitely need to test it out in daylight to see about a colour match. But other than that, it's by far the best foundation that I've ever used.