December 21, 2014 | 1534 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Tushky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My skin: oily and acne-prone

I bought this foundation some months ago, when I started having some horrrrrible brake-outs...imagine big, cystic acne, which seems to heal in a very long time(all due to some thyroid problems).

I have to say that I love the coverage! It is really full, so you have to take care to blend it really well and do not apply to much(if you don't want to look like The Mask). I like to apply a thin layer with the Sigma F80 brush and after use it as a spot concealer. This way it looks more natural and I get perfect coverage where i need. Sometimes, when my skin is better, I use a lighter foundation all over my face and this one just as a concealer.

If you have oily skin like me, you will have to use a mattifying powder. Otherwise, you will look really greasy after 2h. This kind of dewy finish and the fact that it transfers easily are my only cons.

This is not a foundation that I would choose to use constantly, but for the days when my skin is out of control, this is my first option. So, i would definitely buy again and have it all the time in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by baybeelee

This product is definitely a must have for me because it wont break me out.
- Coverage is great and you do not need much product
- Blends great and lasts pretty decent, I'd say about 8 hours
- The finish is a natural/matte look
My only issues are the colour selection and oil control. I need to mix opal and sand which is annoying, and my forehead is definitely oily after a couple hours - and I'm not an oily gyal! A powder is necessary to set my forehead to keep the oil at bay. Overall, great drugstore product

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by dtintina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

After reading lots of great reviews, I was super excited to try this product. Unfortunately, I was unimpressed. To start off, I didn't think that this product had great coverage- and definitely not build able. Second of all, it oxidizes BIG TIME throughout the day. I have very yellow, fair skin- nc15 is too neutral for me- and the fairest colour in this foundation was too dark and turned pinky orangey as the day went on. Third of all, it dried out my skin and let me with lots of little bumps at the end of the day. I took this foundation back to Shoppers and exchanged it for my new HG foundation- Stila Stay All Day!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by hannahfox7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice foundation if you need a lot of coverage. I bought this to cover my rosacea and it covers it pretty well.
however, I don't really like the finish as it's quite matt/natural and I prefer a dewy look.

I find this lasts maybe 8 hours or so with primer on my dry skin, which is good I think.

It's best applied with a beauty blender type sponge as I find it's too thick to apply with brushes and it looks a bit cakey.

The main problem I have with this foundation is the colour selection - it's awful! I think there are about 4 colours, and my skin is very pale so the palest shade is too dark for me:( If they made more colours I think this foundation could be a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by marlotte001

I can't believe I didn't find this product earlier. It's changed my life, despite the fact that I have quite clear skin. But I do get normally spots around THE time of the month, just a few around my t-zone and my chin. Personally I've always found it hard to cover up my spots, because I didn't want my face to look like a cake. My spots are quite red, and any other foundations or concealers didn't get rid of the redness. Since I've tried this I can't see any of my spots! The redness is gone and the most beneficial part is that you only need a tiny amount (I use the foundation as a concealer). I use the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation on my whole face and I use the Vichy Dermablend foundation only on parts where I want more coverage. Because of this the foundation last for ages. I just can't say anything bad about this foundation. I would recommend this to anyone. I love this, and I'll definitely buy this AMAZING foundation again!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I could not find a perfect color match--honestly Dermablend has some strange colors but thankfully its very pigmented and blends in pretty well and you need very little to acheive coverage. Therefore I make due with the colors available. Its not perfect but it doesn't irritate me or drastically settle into lines or imperfections and is fragrance free which is a big bonus for me. I need very little product so although it seems pricey initially the bottle lasts me forever. Coverage is matte and full therefore sometimes I only use this in targeted areas and use another foundation for the rest of my face. I would like to move on but my skin is pretty touchy and its hard to find something that doesn't irritate or feel like a mask or both in a full coverage product. Wish the color range in this product was the same as the cover creme---more choices in that product which to me is no good for older skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Keekeekhatun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 35 sand and I am usually an nc35 mac it was a little orange, all colours are a bit off but none the less you could mix them! It covers very well! But can look really cakey if not applied properly or you try and build too many layers. Does not photograph well! I mixed this with an moisturiser and buffed it in, went on smooth and looked flawless, just needed a little more on imperfections. Beauty blender works well with it to! Probably the best coverage drugstore foundation, but still prefer revlon colorstay! Although dermablend is good for those with skin issues as it is formulated for that!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Sara44

This has CLEARED my acne. A friend insisted I try this after suffering HORRIBLE redness with a sunburn. Covered the redness completely and I hardly used any. Gorgeous texture, AMAZING coverage, lasts a long time, doesn't look cakey. It's my HOLY GRAIL of foundations, I have very acne prone skin and usually everything breaks me out, but I finally found the perfect foundation for my skin!!

HIGHLY recommended.

UPDATE ----

Still working well for me, love the texture and coverage. But the only con to this product is it can get oily even if your using a setting powder. Find it slides right off my nose after an hour of wearing it. But I do have oily skin, just something I thought I'd add in the review.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by LivingItUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looks really good for full coverage. I like using this as a concealer. Its on the side of drying but its not bad at all. Its great as a foundation/concealer or thinning it out with moisturizer. Very multi functions. A+!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by emilylily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation, covers discoloured skin very well and isn't too cakey. however I found it would fade on my eyelids and nose and doesn't work will if you layer it. And the bottle didn't last me very long. otherwise a great product :)