Smashbox O-Glow

2.9

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Punica Granatum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Polysilicone-11, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Plankton Extract, Red 27 (CI 45410).

on 3/10/2011 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

First let me say, when I sampled this in the store, I liked it just fine. However, this is one of those products that I just got bored with. The color is always the same so no control of intensity, etc. And 'the same' in my case is pink pink pink. I also find that it doesn't show up at all if I use it over primer, it just kinda pills and slides away. Under primer it fairs better but I still can't make myself reach for this over my Tarte Stains or even my Benetint.

on 2/20/2011 12:58:00 AM

This is exactly like Benetint, but just in a silicone gel formula. Benetint is a 1-color cheek stain & O-glow is a 1-color check stain. If you like the scarlet Benetint, you'll love the fuschia O-glow.

As with Benefit's cheek stain, less of O-glow is more. Dot it on - it absolutely feels like a silicone primer! And that's because it basically is a silicone primer. With a pink tint.

It dries very very quickly, so fast blending is key. It's great on top of Teint Miracle because it doesn't ruin that foundie's silicone-based mirror shine.

If you're a mineral kinda person, put this on *under* your mineral foundie and brush your base over it until you have only a subtle wash of color visible. The silicone base of the O-glow should actually help your minerals stay on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

the most stupid design for a blush, color doesn't come out natural, difficult to apply, don't blend easily

on 1/31/2011 6:34:00 PM

I love the O-Plump, so clearly I love the O-Glow. At first I hated the silicone texture, but I soldiered through, not giving up on a product that costs $26.00. Now I have come to love the texture, and the pink color matches my natural cheek color well. As far as the staining on fingers, ladies that is what soap is for. Of course, I have terribly dry skin, and rarely use a powder blush, so a little bit of staining on the fingers is par for the course for me.

on 1/12/2011 7:00:00 PM

I have two issues with O-glow. One, the texture feels strange and it stainns your fingers. Two, the color just doesn't work for my very fair skin tone.

on 1/11/2011 9:07:00 PM

This is a really interesting blush. I like the color, but it doesn't last at all.

on 1/6/2011 9:54:00 PM

Yes, it does stain your fingers (it's designed for staining your skin after all) but once on my cheeks the color blooms into a sweet rose-pink. And maybe its just me but I really enjoy the gel texture. It's cool to see the color turn from clear to pink. The best part? It doesn't slip off during the day!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

For a while, Smashbox was putting this into a lot of their Ulta exclusive kits. This does have a gimmick factor, but it is not too terrible of a product. I think this will work wonders on those who have suitable skin.

This can go from a very bright pink color, to a gorgeous flush if blended well. Blending with this is key. It has a quick dry down, so work fast.

I like that it comes in a squeeze tube, which makes getting the product and using it all up a breeze. Im a powder foundation girl, and find that I do not like to use this over my already finished face. It has a tendency to leave behind crumbled product. The feel of this in the tube and on the skin is that of their Photo Finish primer. For those who do not like Silicon based primers, I suggest you steer clear of this.

This product has never made me break out, and I am of combination skin. I would not suggest using a brush with this. Finger application I found to be most suitable.

on 12/24/2010 11:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is an alright blush, but I REALLY hate the consistency. It feels like silicon, then after blending, it leaves behind a bunch of little chunks like eraser shavings. The colour is pretty good though, It blends to a nice glow.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

like the way this goes from clear to bright pink! however, the consistency is so weird and it's kind of streaky...like hot pink in one area and clear in another. not worth the price tag that's for sure. overall, a pretty cool product, but way too expensive for what it's worth.

Top Rated Smashbox Products