Chapstick Medicated

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Camphor (1%) (External Analgesic), Menthol (0.6%) (External Analgesic), Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant), Phenol (0.5%) (External Analgesic) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Propionate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocoa Butter, Fragrance, Isopropyl Lanolate, Isopropyl Myristate, Lanolin, Light Mineral Oil, Methylparaben, Octyldodecanol, Oleyl Alcohol, Phenyl Methicone, Propylparaben, Waxes

on 1/1/2011 3:47:00 PM

Towards the end of November, I was using a skincare product that gave me a horrible reaction around the mouth area. My mouth, though in reality it wasn't, felt like it was burned. That whole area was dry, and my lips also had started to crack and peel horrendously. It cracked even more when I talked, and hurt constantly. Also, there are horrible winters where I live, so my mouth had no break. (I also have a terrible habit of licking my lips, and it sadly was the only form of relief. However, this ultimately led to my lips becoming worse.)

I had used Aquaphor (my usual miracle-worker) and other lip balms like a crazy person, but none worked. It looked like the skin around my lips was molting! It was nasty. I exfoliated gently with sugar and a toothbrush and would moisturize after, but it still didn't work. I looked so pathetic, with horrendously peeling, bright red lips, and there was nothing I could do about it. (I even had some close family members say to me: "Oh, you poor thing!" Another family member commented that it looked as if my lips had been shredded, as if my mouth had been too close to a paper shredder or a cheese grater.)

However, this came into my life and has been helping so much. When I put this on, the flakes aren't as noticeable. It's only been a week since I started using this, and it's been working so terrifically. The smell is very off-putting, but I deal with it because this product has helped the most, even trumping my beloved Aquaphor. (My lips were just too damaged for Aquaphor to help.) There's also a tingly, minty feeling after I put this on.

Since it's helped my mouth so much, I will definitely buy again. The only thing that would make this absolutely perfect would be if it had SPF, but given how much this has helped my mouth, I'm not complaining at all. I'm also not a big fan of the tingling, especially since it's wintertime as I type this. Coolness on my lips is not what I want to feel outside. Also, one other complaint: This kind of takes away the color from your lips. Otherwise, though, this stuff is nearly perfect.

**UPDATE: 2/4/2011**
I absolutely love this stuff. Love it! I used up my first tube in a month. Usually, it takes me more than 3 months to finish up any sort of product (if at all), so that I finished the tube that quickly is really saying something. After I ran out, my lips started to go bad again. (We just got a massive blizzard where I live, which is probably the reason why.)

After running out, I got two more tubes, to be sure I'm not without it for a while. Since I've started using this again, my lips have been going back to normal. I've gotten used to the smell of this stuff, but it still isn't pleasant. The tingling is okay, but it's bothersome right now because of the blizzard, due to the low temperatures and crazy wind.

This is an absolute HG product for me! And that's saying something, since I've NEVER had any sort of HG product. It takes a lot to impress me, and this has!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the only lip balm that prevents my lips from peeling in the winter, and it doesn't require constant application either...I only use it in the morning and right before going to bed. It also keeps them super smooth, allowing my lipstick to go on flawlessly. It doesn't leave any white residue on your lips like some lip balms do, and the scent is quite nice. Will buy again and again!

on 12/30/2010 3:13:00 PM

Hands down the best lip moisturizer I've ever tried; and I've tried too many to count!

I haven't tried all the varieties of Chapstick, but out of the ones I have tried Medicated is the best. It's the only thing that leaves my lips feeling plump, slick, & moisturized. And the slight tingly feeling the "medication" leaves is a nice added bonus. I'll be a buyer for life. :)

on 12/13/2010 11:43:00 PM

One of my favorite things to keep my lips soft. I always have this, carmex or blistex with me.

on 9/19/2010 6:35:00 PM

Much better than the other chapsticks. It keeps my lips moisturized and uncracked. Initially I wasn't a big fan of the smell, kinda funky but I've grown immune to it overtime. I use it once at night and my lips are super soft in the morning

on 5/18/2010 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I buy this stuff over and over again. The best. Seriously I have the most dry chapped painful lips ever, and this is the only thing that works on me. also, for this price nothing can beat this. love it

on 3/7/2010 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff leaves a nice tingly sensation to the lips. It's very subtle which is nice. It's also not waxy and does a great job protecting the lips from dry/cold weather. I am currently in a very arid climate and this stuff has managed to keep my lips smooth and soft. I wish it had SPF so I can wear it outdoors, but why change a good thing?

on 2/16/2010 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Managed to find this at the dollar store and I love it. When you put it on it works almost instantly. The smell isn't overpowering and it lasts for hours.

on 2/13/2010 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this chapstick. I am on Retin A and my lips become so rough with tiny rashes when i am on Retin A. I have found that this Chapstick is the only thing that will heal and soothe my lips.

i have tons of lipglosses and lipbalms that i use and i would often toss this aside but for now it is my HG lip balm. i just love the way it feels

i wish they would reconsider the packaging. it would be more hygienic if it was in a squeeze tube like the "Chapstick Overnight"

on 11/12/2009 9:06:00 AM

This is a really good treatment for lips. When the lips become very dry, chapped and flaky in winter, this is the one lip treatment I go for. I think this is the best product from Chapstick. Too bad that not everywhere carries it. But when I see it, I usually stock up.

Popular Lip Treatments