Crystal Crystal Roll-On Body Deodorant

Purified water (aqua), natural mineral salts, potassium alum, cellulose

on 5/13/2011 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have tried and liked the Crystal Spray Deodorant, but the roll on isn't very good. First you have to squeeze the container to get it to come out the it's very messy to apply. It also doesn't last all day.. I could start smelling myself a lot of times :/ I don't remember having that problem with the spray verison. I would buy the Crystal spray again but not the roll on...

on 5/8/2011 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Hate to be the bum on the side, but this didn't work for me. Besides it taking AGES to dry, I went thru it a lot faster than the rock version AND it didn't last. I'm no stranger to natural deordorants, and while I've found a few that work at first before stopping for whatever reason (like the rock version of this), this one didn't work at all. I got a scented one (maybe that's why?), patchouli, me thinks, and I liked the scent but since it didn't work I stopped using it after a few weeks.

on 4/28/2011 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Let me start by stating that as far as keeping odor under control for a 'natural' deodorant, this certainly takes the cake! However, after I used this product for a short time I developed a horrible rash on my armpits. I wonder if other people have had this issue?

on 3/27/2011 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've tried Lavanilla (somehow made my BO worse) and Jason Naturals (apricot scented), which failed me miserably. I have hyperhidrosis and after years of trying to stop the sweat (with strong antiperspirants such as DrySol), I've decided to embrace the sweat (I even do hot yoga now). This product will not affect how much you sweat. I do still need to control odour, which is where products like this come in.

I've purchased this one at least 4 times. I love that it is smaller than other roll-ons which means I can use it up and replace it more frequently = more hygienic. The price is good at around $5 at Shoppers.

I do find however that after continuous use, it becomes ineffective against odour for some reason. So I take a break and use plain baking soda. After a couple of weeks I can go back to the Crystal and it works again.

on 2/22/2011 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This worked much better than Dr. Mist. I still did sweat with this, but it did decrease the odor significantly. The price was right too (around CAD$5). Would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Update: 8/19/12 Gave up on it after a move to NC. Just couldn't stand the huge pit stains from walking from the car to class. I've found that CertinDri when applied the right way for my skin works like a charm for about a week without irritation.

I am a person blessed *cough* with very active sweat glands. I am an active person on top of that which keeps them in perfect working order. (Active fit people sweat more, and faster, than their less active friends) I also sweat when Iím nervous or anxious, as well as when the weather warms up. I even sweat sometimes for no reason, even when Iím cold!

Anyways, I have been searching for quite some time for a product that would keep my underarms dry and odder free. I have tried everything. Normal antiperspirants, deodorants, clinical strength, menís, womenís, bacteria reducing washes and sprays. All with varying degrees of effectiveness. At best, these have been able to keep me smelling somewhat ok till lunch and only slightly damp. At worst, they add to the problem with strange sticky residue, white marks, and only exacerbate the b.o. while mixing in some flowery or ďfreshĒ smell.

I bought this on a whim after reading some reviews and I was looking for a natural alternative to aluminum. This is said to prevent odder by blocking the bacteria responsible for b.o. You must apply it to clean skin, so there is as little bacteria to start with, and it acts like a shield retarding the bacteria growth. I thought this was so preposterous and amusing, but I had to try it.

Needless to say my hopes were not high as I painted on/rolled on the clear liquid. Making sure as the directions say to cover my ďentire armpitĒ (where does armpit end and arm begin?) and waiting for it to dry I noticed it had no smell what so ever. After it dried, I dressed and then climbed into my car for a 5 hour drive from San Diego to San Louis Obispo, right through LA on a Friday. If thatís not a stress test for a deodorant I donít know what is. By the time I arrived, I was smell free! I could not believe it.

I have used it every day since, almost a week, and I have never been this amazed with the results. No smell, no white residue, and LESS SWEAT!! This is not an antiperspirant. This is a deodorant. Somehow it has kept me dryer than even the best heavy-duty chemical laden stick ever has.

on 10/8/2010 11:03:00 PM

PROS: This works for deodorant, but don't expect it to stop perspiration. It is not an anti-perspirant.

CONS: A little sticky.

ALTERNATES: They have one like this that is a hard solid (rock) form. Kiss my Face Liquid Rock deodorant is all natural and can work better than this for me.

This is literally the safest deodorant you can get. I think it gets a lot of bad reviews because people compare it to conventional deodorants. It is not going to work nearly as well as a chemical- and fragrance-laden deodorant, but if you are willing to reapply it at least once throughout the day, it will work just fine. Also, don't be afraid to apply a lot. I usually apply about 10 swipes of it, then let my skin dry before I get dressed. It won't prevent sweating, but it will take away the smell. This is a good thing - Sweating is a important bodily process and preventing it is not healthy. It won't stain your clothes or leave a noticeable residue either. I like the roller ball applicator the best. If you don't use it for a while, the applicator might dry out, causing the ball to become stuck. If this happens, just rinse the ball under hot water and push it with your fingers until it comes loose. Storing it upside down helps prevent this problem. You can buy this product at Shopper's Drug Mart in Canada. It's relatively inexpensive.

on 10/7/2010 6:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Awesome deodorant. Its all natural and safe and keeps me sweat free and oder free all day. With this roll on one though its a bit messy cause al ot of product rolls on and it stays wet for a few mins. so thats kinda annoying, but o well its worth it cause its amazing. And sense its clear you cant see the mess.

on 10/1/2010 11:07:00 AM

This didn't work at all for me! You have to wet the stick before you apply it and it just seemed like my pits never soaked up the water. It was pretty gross I thought! I saw good reviews and wanted it to work; but no luck...

Top Rated Crystal Products