October 20, 2014 | 1118 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Avonnah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this lotion for it's ingredients. By the description, it seemed like a perfect fit for my combination/acne-prone skin. I'm sorry to say that I couldn't really give it a chance; I found the scent to be unpleasant and distracting. I know it's unscented, but I just couldn't stand the "natural" scent of this potion - it's like rotten vinegar; a smell you can't escape when the product is on your face and around your nose! I know I can find a light moisturizer out there of comparable price and quality which doesn't have a nauseating smell! The search continues.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I'm still really liking this. Now that the warmer weather is here I alternate between this and the moisture balancing gel. LOVE IT.

I like this very much. I use this more often than not. It's got a good, moisturized finish but not greasy or shiny. I have oily combo skin, and this imparts the perfect amount of moisture for my skin, and it has fabulous ingredients, what more can you ask for. I think it's a bit pricey and try to stock up when there's a sale. I too think it smells a bit weird. I agree there's an herbal undertone to it that isn't unpleasant, but there's also a bit of weird smell that is not so great. I find that a lot of PC products have slightly weird smells that disappear shortly after application. I'm okay with this because I know it's a result of her inclusion of antioxidants without additional fragrances to mask their natural scents. I'm happy to deal a temporary weird smell for beneficial, fragrance free products.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I used a sample of this. I liked how light it was, how it absorbed quickly, and cleared up dry patches. It left my skin matte, but it also made my complexion look kind of dull. I did not have a problem with the smell of it at all. It just smells kind of herbal to me, not a big deal. However, my sensitive skin didn't seem to react well to it. It seemed to irritate, causing some clogged pores to become more red and noticeable. Maybe my skin didn't like some of the extracts in it. It's hard to say because it was only a sample, but it just didn't feel right, so I won't consider buying a full size.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is an OK moisturiser. It is not greasy at all and it seems to be abdorbed instantly but at the same time I also feel that it does not provide enough moisture in my less oily areas ( mainly cheeks and forehead). I tried to apply two layers but it just crumbled in flakes. I use it after BHA1% Gel and I feel that I need a little more moisturisation especially in wintertime. I might try again a sample in summer to see if it fits my needs better then.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by firebird7815

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This works wonders on my sensitive, combination skin. By adjusting the amount I use, this seems to work across all seasons for me. I use this at night to keep my skin soft and smooth. It also works very well for me as an eye cream: I just tap a bit around my eyes (and I don't wake up with the red-eye that so many eye creams leave behind for me).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by moonstone2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry, sensitive, Rosacea-prone (pinkish cheeks that are prone to flushing) skin and have recently had to tweak my skincare regime due to an increase in flushing episodes. Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion was one of the new products that I experimented with, in an attempt to calm down my inflamed skin. My experience, after having used this product for a few weeks, has been wonderful. The product description reads for oily/combination skin as well as Rosacea. Although my skin tends to be on the dry side, I was drawn to try it for those touted Rosacea benefits. The lotion is light and absorbs readily; so far, it has been moisturizing enough for my pre-Winter skin, as well. As for the scent that so many reviewers have commented upon: to my nose, it smells vaguely "herbal," as one reviewer put it, but that's about it. It does lack the blanket synthetic perfume smell used to hide the intrinsic scent of many products, but for me, this is a benefit. My nose and skin cannot tolerate most perfumes, and I far prefer the natural smell to come through a bit. The lotion has an almost cooling effect going on, and it is immediately calming to my skin. I have used it a few times, following flushing episodes, and it has reduced or eliminated the inflammation. The lotion contains numerous skin healthy antioxidants which are healing and protective in nature. My skin has been much calmer since I switched from my regular moisturizer to this one. I will definitely repurchase.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by JenniferClaire24

I really, really like this moisturiser. I live in Australia; harsh sun, harsh winter and this is a fabulous night time moisturiser for oily/combination skin - it's good for the day too if your make up contains sunscreen as this doesn't.

Its lightweight gel/cream texture has a smell I really, really like. I have read other reviews regarding the smell and as I have only recently started using this product I can only conclude that I must have come on board after the scent was re-worked.

I have now traded my Dermologica Active Moist for this product - I find this product suits my skin much better. I am not sure it leaves me with with the 'matte' finish as promised but who cares - this is a great product at a great price.

I cant wait for the Paula's Choice Daily Mattifying Lotion to become available in Australia. As it contains sunscreen I am hoping it will suit as my new daytime moisturiser.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by gbaysa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My Holy Grail night-time moisturizer! Me: Very oily, very acne-prone, non-sensitive skin that scars easily. When I say I have oily skin, I mean I have OILY skin. I never actually needed a moisturizer until about 2 years ago when I started getting dry, flaky patches on my cheeks and chin which I attribute to retinoids. I needed something to buffer the retinoids and something to moisturize on the nights I skip retinoids and this was a God-send. I'm so glad Paula Begoun reformulated this because the first time I got this I couldn't get over how bad it smelled and I swapped it away. After several drugstore and Sephora moisturizer failures, I read that Paula fixed the smell issue and I bought another bottle and now it's perfect! It's light yet moisturizing and not greasy at all! I love the pump because it's so sanitary and I don't have to dip my fingers into a jar or expose the antioxidants to air thus rendering them ineffective. I always stock up whenever Paula has special discounts or free shipping. Thanks for fixing the smell, Paula!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by fortune222

My 2nd favorite product in Paula's line - wonderful non-greasy light moisturizer for spring & summer - maybe even most of fall.

It lasts about 6-7 hours before my dry cheeks get thirsty for a spritz of witch hazel, and I can definitely say it won't break most people out or contribute to blackheads.

While it can be used as a very light eye cream, it doesn't really plump up or diffuse light away from lines.

The scent issue mentioned below appears to have been ameliorated. And Paula's color products layer over it very nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 7:17:00 AM More reviews by Courtloux128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect moisturizer for my oily skin! Once it dries my skin feels dewy and moisturized but not greasy. It works well in summer and winter months.