Lancome Hydra Zen

3.6

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stereate, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Synthetic Wax, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Sodium Chloride, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Paeonia Suffruticosa/Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, PEG-100 Stearate, Eugenol, Ethylparaben, Triethanolamine, Crithmum Maritimum/Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Silica, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Polycaprolactone, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Poloxamer 188, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Dimethiconol, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Propylene Glycol, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Capryl Glycol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Myristyl Alcohol, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Ceramide 3, Geraniol, Farnesol, Disodium EDTA, Rosa Gallica/Rosa Gallica Flower Extract, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Octyldodecanol, Citronellol, Dextran Sulfate, Amyl Cinnamal, Parfum/Fragrance

on 12/13/2009 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product after my mum raved about it. i was going through a phase where my skin would break out or just look dull with any moisturiser i tried. nothing suited my skin. but stumbling in after a late night, i quickly grabbed this after i had cleansed my face and woke up with amazing looking skin and have been using it twice daily ever since. the smell is lovely, consistency is great and it really hydrates and calms my skin. im prone to spots, and this didnt clog my pores at all. love it!

on 11/25/2009 9:32:00 AM

This is my all time HG. Have been through COUNTLESS tubs of this stuff. (so has my mum)

I love the smell the most - it makes me happy and relaxed! The cream is lovely too - a little on the heavy side so if you are oily skinned do not get this.

I also do not really use it during the day so its more of a night cream for me especially after exfoliation.

The pot form of the container allows me to get all of the product out and so i get my moneys worth. A tub probably lasts me a good 6 months - a little less in the winter.

The price is a bit cheaper for me because when I go through duty free I always stock up or buy it overseas (in Hong Kong its about half price) but if I had to I would pay full price back home ($115AUD). I also have the matching eye cream and its great too!

on 11/10/2009 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hydra Zen is one of my favourite moisturizers. I always end up using every last drop! The reason I don't give it 5 stars is a combination of price & the fact that my face does not lose all of it's flakiness, even after a few week's use. Other than that, my skin always felt fresh with Hydra Zen, moisturized, & healthy.

For the price, though, I've found my personal magic combo of 2 other products that give me even better results for a fraction of the cost...

on 9/2/2009 9:14:00 AM

This is a review on behalf of my mother who is currently going through Chemotherapy (58 and has a marvellous complexion and wanted to keep her skin in good condition throughout her treatment)

The SA advised my mum to get this as it contains no retinol (which you have to avoid during chemo) and is suitable for sensitive and stressed skin.

Well she absolutely loves this stuff and has been slathering it on twice daily ! Loves the calming smell of roses-which is saying something as one of the horrible side effects she has to deal with is nausea. The product sinks in nicely and moisturises well without any irritation.

Has she found any amazing anti-aging benefits -no. Is it expensive -yes, but as she says her skin is still looking and feeling nice, and anything that makes you feel just that little bit better well thats just great !

So for just simple moisturisng this comes highly recommended to anyone going through chemo.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I've used the hydra zen cream-gel version (pink jar) of the moisturiser and I really love it.

I was given a sample of the day cream but this was too greasy for my skin. My skin floats between sensitive and dry and greasy and oily depending on what products I use (and the time of year). The cream-gel felt completely different and soaks in really nicely and I'm not left all shiny and sticky afterwards.

I have been using it for about 2 months now (and only about halfway through the 50ml). The first week it did make my skin a little red after using it (I'm not used to using very fragranced costmetics) but my skin got used to it and now I have no redness at all.

Like other people I prefer a pump application rather than a jar but that's my only complaint. At least a jar doesn't have any waste and a little goes a long way with this moisturiser so even 50ml lasts for ages. I will be buying again.

on 2/13/2009 3:18:00 AM

LET ME TELL YOU.

I have been struggling with redness and irritation from eczema.
This moisturizer calms my skin. I've seen so much improvement in
one day. I highly recommend those who have been struggling with skin
irritations. I've used almost every moisturizer out there to cure my redness and irritation. Even the medications I were given to help soothe my eczema still came back. THIS IS A GREAT PRODUCT..well worth the buck.

on 2/2/2009 8:29:00 AM

I used tolove Hydra Zen mainly in the lighter version a few years ago before going to natural skincare.
This was by far the best product I put on my face.
My skin reacted to almost everything.
That's a shame because it was a very beautiful young skin.
I was emotional and stressed, especially during my exams at university and this became evident on my face.
Without realising (I couldn't look into a mirror during exams!) a lot of red little spots came out all around my mouth a lower part of the face.
Awful! That was a somatic reaction and disappeared the day after.
Still my skin was suffering. Since I used Hydra Zen I could protect my face better from external aggressions and internal stress.
I was young and put this fluid cream on my face day and night.
Together with Dior Icone Peaux Reactives (more expensive and less effective) Hydra Zen saved my face for a couple of years.

on 2/2/2009 7:50:00 AM

I've been using this moisturiser in conjuction with the Hydra Zen night cream, and they've definitely improved my skin tone & hydration.

My skin is normal to dry, and slightly sensitive. Although, as mentioned in my review for the night cream, I wouldn't recommend this for very sensitive skin types as it is noticably fragranced - a very pleasant fragrance, but it is there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have only used this for 2 days. I am using a sample and am thrilled. A couple of days ago my skin had got to the point where it was incredibly painful from the winter weather. I normally have oily/combination skin with acne breakouts around my chin, but the winter weather has done a real number on my skin.
I totally agree with the neurocalm it calmed my soreness almost immediately and i woke up this morning with the greatest feeling skin I have ever had - not oily or sore or dry - it was calm and my mom commented that it looked great too. I would normally never spend the $72 canadian on a cream but after the relief in the last 2 days I will go buy the fullsize of this cream. I will update when I have used it for a while longer.
Update: While i totally love what this did to my skin I find it too heavily scented. It's really too bad it doesn't come fragrance free. Otherwise it is awesome.( I am sensitive to scents and perfumes)

on 11/3/2008 5:35:00 PM

When I was young age, I used this product for couple of years. My skin looks calm and smooth after using it. It has a very nice scent and might be strong for someone. I think this might be good for someone who is 30 yr or younger. As I get older, my skin seems a little drier side and I stopped using is because I think I need something to prevent aging and lines which this product does not have that properties.

Popular Moisturizers