April 25, 2014 | 1129 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Expressions Eyeshadow Palette - Sand Castle - 396 [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 2:04:00 AM More reviews by mstrihavka

I must say, I really love this eye shadow palette!! I wasn't sure if I would because they're colors that I don't normally wear, but they really are beautiful colors, work well with each other and blend really well. They are highly pigmented, have just the right amount of shimmer, wear really long (15 hours now!) and don't crease! I'm in love!! You can't beat the price, either!! I love the white color and use it at my tear duct and also sometimes to line my entire eye to help brighten up my eyes. I love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPayge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't remember the last time I looked at a Wet 'N' Wild display and I really feel stupid right about now. I read several reviews about the "Greed" palette and thought it was gorgeous so I went to my local drug stores on a hunt for it. Alas, none of them had those but I did find this at Rite Aid and I just fell in love with it. The colors are just as blendable and pigmented as a lot of higher priced shadows. In fact, I was playing around with some Urban Decay shadows on one eye and this on the other and you could never tell which was which. I don't think I've ever been so surprised by a product. This was quite a find and I will be singing W 'N' W's praises for a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by SillyLilies95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it! The best natural eyeshadow that I have had. Cheap, great colors, great pigmentation, and stays on for like ever! Love the pop out mirror. I use a eyeshadow brush instead of the applicators that come with it.
    Highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by kdg82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow. I use to put my nose up at Wet 'n' Wild, but since I'm such a lover of makeup and have read reviews about this palette, I thought "Well, shiz. Might as well give it a try." WOW. So silky and pigmented. The price is awesome and its similiar to my Stila eyeshadow trio....possibly better. =) Gotta grab the other palettes now. If you love to collect makeup and not spend an arm and a leg, you must try this! You wont be dissappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am in love. I got this palette as something fun for myself for Christmas. I also received UD's Get Baked. They are both super shimmery, warm toned and well pigmented. But w/o primer, WnW actually lasts longer. And not D/S 2 hrs, but the whole day. I made my New Years look using this palette and my e/s stayed in place w/o primer for the whole night! I consider this HG material as my e/s usually creases. I love the selection of colors and highlighters and WANT the other palette(s). I am seriously blown away by the quality of these eye shadows. For WnW prices, it is totally worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Cristina323

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

These are one of the best eyeshadows I have ever tried, and you can't beat the price! The colors are quite pigmented and they have just enough shimmer to them. The packaging isn't the best though. One of my eyeshadows fell out after I dropped the palette. But I am willing to look past that because the quality is wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by queenalina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this quad. beautiful warm shades they go with every skin color. my 7yr old niece and her friends they loved to expiremet with these colors, they have makeover parties all the time. they are cheap and very smooth and pigmented. I recommend this quad if u are starting to used makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with all other positive comments on this little palette. The colors are very pigmented, stays on all day. There are four main colors that are different shades of bronze, gold and brown. The bottom one is the darkest brown, and matte. The other three in the middle are all shimmery. The four colors on the sides are different shades for highlighting. The top left one is a little too shimmery for me, but the rest are great. I was surprised how pigmented the colors were and how smooth it went on. The package is a little bulky but I never carry makeup in my purse so it doesn't matter. I would get this and other Wet'n'wild products again. I never thought I would go back to buying wnw after my teen years, but their products are cheap and great quality :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by xcait1990x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE
    the colours are so smooth and blendable , very pigmented , gorgeous sheen , what more could you ask for ? ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by prettyanduglytk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Already bought 2 of these in the bast 5 years. The top brown shade is a total dupe of MAC's Satin Taupe.

Yes it is!

Really!

Trust me!

OK maybe it is Satin Taupe's fraternal twin but SUPER close: The top brown shade is about 15% more shimmery than satin taupe (think as if Satin Taupe cut off its right hand and put mauvement pigment in its replacement - thus making a news shimmery neutral... that is a morbid analogy but seriously, THAT is what it looks like!), but otherwise they are the exact same shade.

The highlight colors are not as impressive as the staying power and vibrancy/color of the browns and golds but they're great for a daytime corporate look. I am a DDD NW50 keep in mind, and when I say these browns show up and the one brown comparable to MAC's satin taupe - I am telling you the god honest's truth.

Downsides: This has clunky packaging, you can't depot it, it has a flimsy stupid mirror at the bottom, almost of the colors are shimmery (none are GLITTERY in that awful way some WnW products can be but they definitely have a sheen), if you have a very strong anti-WnW / drugstore bias you may not believe the glowing reviews I'm giving this.... One lippie off because of the packaging and nonexistent matte options, but I'm rating this as if it were a MAC product so I'm being fair.

Need neutrals but are on a budget? Hate having 20,000 products just to achieve a neutral look? Traveling and need to condense your makeup haul? Lost or almost done with satin taupe? A total department store snob that may need just one product to convert you? Buy. This. Product.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No