April 16, 2014 | 2020 users online

Fragrance - Aquolina - Blue Sugar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I sampled this at Sephora on my own wrist because I felt it smelled just a little too sweet for my man (He likes his fragrances a little more citrusy). I walked around the mall for an hour and came back to smell it again. What an amazing fragrance! I had to buy some for myself because it smells sweet, and spicy, without being migraine inducing or so sweet that it makes me sick. I frequently wear men's fragrances if they smell this good (Chanel Egoiste original, Armani Acqua di Gio)....
The notes are (as per Sephora):
Bergamot, Tangerine Leaves, Star Anise, Ginger, Licorice, Patchouli Leaves, Lavender, Heliotrope, Coriander, Caramel, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Tonka Bean.

At first spray you really get a whiff of the ginger, licorice, star anise, and some coriander. It's a very spicy warm fragrance right off the bat, but not too sharp. You also can really smell the cedarwood. When it dries down you're left with the vanilla, caramel, and the tonka bean, which makes it very soft without being baby-powderish.

This is my new HG fragrance, and at $35 for a good sized bottle you cannot go wrong! Ladies, I dare you to try this on yourself--my man says I smell like a yummy baked good!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2007 4:04:00 PM More reviews by carriespooner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My husband and I love to go to Sephora and sample fragrances. We get 3 or 4 new samples and take our time before we buy our next bottle. Most of the mens fragrances are either like or hate for me. If I get 'the headache' he puts his head down and says "ok, let's try another". We picked up Blue Sugar and I knew I loved it the minute I smelled it. We took the sample anyway and came back the next week to buy it. It was a resonable price at 35 dollars for the big bottle.

I like the sugary scent but the low notes are manly (if you will). I like that it's a distinct scent and not reminiscent of anything else I've smelled. It's yummy on his neck. We don't much agree on many scents, but he's the one who told me we're going back to Sephora to buy it.

Side benefit is that when he wears it, the house smells like it for 4 hours after he leaves. mmmmmmm

We'll buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2007 1:10:00 PM More reviews by KatieSix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not sure I'd buy it for a guy, and I'm not sure I could successfully convince any guy I know to wear it, but I probably wouldn't mind smelling it on a guy. On me, though? I love it. It's sweet and sugary without being overly cloying - a little darker and sexier than the average foody fragrance. I'd recommend it if you like the idea of gourmand fragrances but can't wear one for more than five minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2007 8:32:00 PM More reviews by bsmith001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is very nice. I like it because it's different. I consider myself a masculine guy, but not overly masculine. I'm married, 28 years old, and have a high interest in fashion. I like to think of Cary Grant...and now days George Clooney and even Josh Duhamel for my personal style inspirations. I like to rotate two and maybe three fragrances and while Blue Sugar definitely would not be my one and only frag, I like it especially in the summer because it's not your every day Aqua Di Gio or Dolce & Gabbana, although those are nice, it's nice to have something a little different and not what you'd expect to smell in a magazine add. It's all about being confident and I feel this is very unique.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Ciciban

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

You know something, I LOVE Blue Sugar on my husband. He is a sexy metrosexual guy who loves fragrances and loves to dress well. But, I just don't get all these coments about: "This is for me, and I'm a woman! This would not be the right thing for my man" - BS! And why would it not work on your men may I ask? I enjoy Pink Sugar and he likes Blue Sugar, so there ya go. On him with Blue Sugar I smell a delicious hazelnut note, while on me that hazelnut note is not nearly as yummy - so you see I perfer it on him. Alright, so this is not the one he'll ever end up in at the office, but he loves it for our weekends and holidays just relaxing, shopping and sight-seeing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2007 6:58:00 PM More reviews by dlbaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this scent on ME, and I'm a woman. I can't imagine a man wearing it; it's much too feminine for any straight man I know. It's an excellent sweet woman's scent, IMO - cotton candy and a bit of spice but not TOO sweet. Not as cloying as Pink Sugar.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2007 10:03:00 PM More reviews by LelloGollilla

Anxious to try this. I love Pink Sugar. This is the "men's version" but its still very sweet and not hit you over the head masculine. At first spritz my eyebrows went up, like...this is very interesting. Then, some really weird artificial caramel odor...smelled very much like butterscotch...took over and suffocated every other note. Ugly, fake butter/cream smell. Too bad..as this could have been better. Blue liquid LOOKS awesome though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2007 11:43:00 AM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like Chocolovers, hate Pink Sugar, and Love Blue Sugar. Pink Sugar makes me feel queasy because it reminds me of incense, but Blue Sugar smells toasty and yes, sugary, and has many layers so it's not just candy-like but interesting. I am not so big on licorice, but I don't find the licorice to be so prominent. I would not wear this too often, but for a gourmandy fragrance, this is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2007 3:17:00 AM More reviews by le_robo

So yummy on my man, he was scared about it being too sweet but he agrees its more of a rugged manly dessert as opposed to a feminine cupcake-y food.

the licorice is the strongest note, it something citrus-y and vanilla are what you first smell - then Patchouli, heliotrope (which I am sometimes so-so on) and tonka - like rich sweet pipe smoke on the drydown

It's really complex - lots of layers, more than pink sugar - you wonder is this a clash? - is this working? then, of course like any well blended gourmand.. you need to smell your wrist compulsively.

it's similar to angel for men but even more foody. Addictive.

chocolovers.. pink & blue sugar ~ aquolina, will you ever make something I don't love?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2007 6:05:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this scent for my dad for Christmas last year (2006). Its similiar to Pink Sugar. To me it smells like cotton candy and maple syrup. VERY sugarey, sweet, and cakeish. Actually, as i am writing this i am craving something sweet to eat. Imagine being at a carnival on a sunny day. The merry-go-round is spinning and playing cute music and people are playing games to win huge stuffed animals. There are several booths selling red candy apples, cotton candy, and belgian waffles with maple syrup drizzled on top and then sprinkled with powdered sugar and the scent of all those sweet goodies is filling the air at this fun carnival. Definitely and innovative fragrance for men. This is a scent that Willie Wonka would wear.