July 26, 2014 | 1452 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by kristin39

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It took several attempts at getting a match, but I finally settled on a neutral (Siamese) and it looks like me, only better. I apply it with a flat-top foundation brush, and while initially rather mask-like, it quickly settles in and softens. I find the staying power more than adequate and have less need for oil blotting than normal. But the best part....I have not broken out since I began using this stuff! I am 44 and still suffer with breakouts, so this is a marvel to me. I couldn't be happier with the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by sthenn0

I have NEVER liked powder foundations...until I tried Meow Cosmetics. I have always had acne-prone and sensitive skin, so I was afraid to use it. Now that I know my skin better and treat it well with moisturizers and masques, I will never use liquid foundation again. Pampered Puss is so smooth and flawless...it evens out my really uneven and acne-scarred skin and actually MATCHES my skin! I am not a strict beige or drug-store color, so this is a miracle. And I got under eye concealer to match! I also have visible pores but this foundation does not embed itself into them. It more or less glides over/around them. I feel really good about my skin for once and I love supporting indie companies that go out of their way to make quality products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is perfect for my sensitive acne prone skin but I wish it had more coverage. This line has a really great colour selection and the shades are very forgiving, I was able to find 3/4 sample shades that worked for my skin tone from the different 'breeds', which brings me to my next point; the whole cat breed thing is so tacky and off-putting. This makeup is good, it does not need this gimmick to stand out. The website is also too busy and cluttered to navigate easily. My only reason for not purchasing though is the lack of coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been on an extensive hunt for my HG foundation and I can't say this is it, just yet. I originally tried Flawless Feline for the extra coverage, but couldn't wear it because my skin reacts to Boron Nitride in a similar way to the way it reacts to Bismuth Oxychloride (itching, acne, redness, allergic reaction). So, at first I was going to give up on Meow because their shipping times are ridiculous. It always takes over two weeks to get my order, which is frustrating because if I want to just sample a shade, I have to wait two weeks or so to get it, try it, and then when I place my order for the full size it takes over a month in total to have a new foundation for daily use. So, if you're ordering samples, order samples in various depths of a single shade and try more than one formula (which will end up costing a small fortune in samples, 90% of which you'll never actually use, which is also frustrating). My last complaint is that Meow's depths of colors are not consistent with one another. When I ordered, I imagined Inquisitive is equivalent to NC 10, Sleek NC 15, Frisky NC 20, and so on... However, for some odd reason, they have shades that "run lighter than other breeds". Why?? If Frisky Manx is light enough to be Sleek Manx, then why call it Frisky Manx and then tell me it runs lighter than other breeds? On top of that, Sleek Siamese is much darker than say, Sleek Korat, even though neither are labeled as running lighter or darker than other breeds. ::Sigh:: This is why you should get samples in two levels up and down from where you think you'd be. It's exhausting to try all the colors in this makeup line and I normally don't have a hard time finding a shade that matches my skin (unless the company doesn't have pale enough shades). The web site is really cluttered and not the easiest to navigate, in my opinion.

Also, I was confused that everyone says they always have awesome sales and yet I never saw them with a single sale (besides the free shipping option). You have to sign up for their Newsletter in order to get email notifications on their current sales. God I wish I had known that because I JUST placed an order with two full sized products! They should automatically send existing customers email updates with current sales. This is another annoying factor.

So, anyway, on to the review of Pampered Puss. I'm NC 15 with golden undertones and I'm still on the hunt for a perfect shade from Meow. I've tried all of the shades that fall into the "yellow, golden, beige, neutral" range, with the exception of Chartreux, which I'll have to try next. Sleek Manx (Yellow, Peach), was ghost white, but looked like the perfect undertones for me, so I went and purchased full sizes of foundation and concealer in Frisky Manx. The foundation isn't bad, but I layer a lot and it's slightly too dark and too yellow for my skin (it may just be too yellow). Manx is a shade that "runs lighter than other breeds". The concealer for Manx is so painfully yellow that no human could possibly wear this and not look like you have jaundice (Unless you apply VERY sheerly, but why use concealer then?). It's awful and makes no sense to me. If a foundation shade works pretty well for me, the more opaque version in a concealer form should not look like an entirely different product, especially when the concealer runs a shade lighter than the foundation, so it's definitely not too dark. It's as if the concealer of Manx has no peach at all and is all yellow. Plus, the concealer is "eh" in coverage, anyway. It looks very obvious on my face and doesn't apply evenly, so it's not a stellar concealer for acne and post acne scarring. EDM's intensive base covers so much better and I'm not even that thrilled with that formula. Plus, their concealers are pricey in comparison to their other products. How can you sell an 85 gram of Flawless Feline (heavy coverage foundation) for 27 bucks and then charge 16 dollars for 20 grams of concealer? The Flawless Feline gave better looking coverage than the concealer formula, but it has boron nitride, which I can't use, so I'm bummed.

I would like to try Sleek Chartreux because I was told by Meow's customer service that this is the equivalent to EDM's Golden Fair, which is a very good match for my skin tone (in semi matte and intensive-----the matte formula is ghost white for some reason). But, I don't want to wait over two weeks for a freaking sample to come in the mail!

I also don't like that colors seem to make a HUGE jump from Sleek to Frisky in most of the shades. It goes from say NC 15 to NC 25, rather than NC 20. This way, a lot of people have to blend two shades together to get their perfect match, thus costing more money in the end and being an incredible pain to do yourself without making a huge mess.

But, the Pampered Puss formula has simple ingredients and is one of the most natural looking makeups I've ever used. Right now I'm on Accutane, so my skin is dry, and this foundation looks like natural skin with no glitter, shimmer, or pearl (maybe I'll see it more when my skin gets oily again?). I read some people comparing this finish to EDM's Semi Matte and I respectfully disagree. Despite my dry skin, EDM's semi matte makes me look oily, but this Pampered Puss is just like my natural skin. It's super lightweight, makes my pores disappear and provides buildable medium coverage. I just have to find my ideal shade!

Overall, I would recommend this for sensitive, acne prone skin. I'll update if that changes.

****UPDATE**** Sleek Chartreux is very similar to EDM's Golden Fair. To me, this Sleek is not any lighter than other sleeks---it's NC 15 depth. It's a very good match for my skin. Inquisitive may actually be necessary in winter--hopefully not!

9 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by rej123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I initially felt so overwhelmed by the Meow website they have soooo many shades of foundation. However, I contacted their customer service and they were hands down the best online customer service I have ever had. They got back to me within the same day and recommended my the type and 3 potential shade matches. I tried 2 mineral makeup brands prior to meow and was about to give up on the mineral makeup hunt.. I am so glad I didn't because Meow is rad. I actually couldn't stop checking my skin out in the mirror after I applied it... Not dry and chalky and I wasn't an oil slick at the end of the day either. Massive A+ Will def repurchase, although I probably won't have to because you get so much for so little....

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 4:41:00 AM More reviews by SNOTCROW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First I tried the Flawless Feline full coverage foundation, but it looked like a pancake on my face. But the color selection is great for people with strong yellow undertones, like me, so I tried the Pampered Puss foundation instead and it's great! It has a very slight sheen to it, similar to Everyday Minerals semi-matte, but slightly less pearly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by eheh

Personally, I have given up on liquid foundations, I'm Asian and I can never find a brand that has my shade. Yes, MAC doesnt have my shade either!

At first, I tried the coastal scents exotic mineral line, made for asian and hispanic skins. the colour was so wrong. clearly, they do not know that asians and hispanics are not literally YELLOW. Also, coastal scents mineral foundations were not good quality at all compared to Meow. Meow's are more finely milled, and goes on more seamlessly than coastal scents. Even bare minerals i have to say need to bow to Meow's quality. and plus, Meow's colour range is much more human, unlike bare minerals that just TRY to cover the basics, but just fails....

i really receommned Meow to anyone who has trouble finding their shade, becuase Meow has so many shades, and the description of them are actually pretty accurate on the site.

I took 1 lippie off because i live in canada, and their shipping is so expensive!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by giasabine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Skin - combination, sensitive, acne-prone.

My journey began with Bare Essentuals some years back. At first I thought it was great, but eventually realized that over time I would get these deep seated whiteheads from their foundation. And the color was never quite right, even when I mixed different foundation colors. Then I moved on to Every Day Minerals and used it for several years. No breakouts and perfect color match by mixing to colors, but by noon, I was always shiny and the foundation settled into one deep crease I have. Primers and various finishing powders did not help.

Very recently I ordered several samples from Meow. Not only do they have more color choices (86 in three different formulas), but they also have a foundation chart, so you can compare the different foundation colors online.

I am still trying different colors, but I think I may have found a good match for me. I did use their primer for combination skin and their finishing powder with the foundation this morning. It is noon now and I am not shiny, the foundation has barely settled into my deep line. The color also stayed true and did not oxidize on me. It still looks very natural.

The only reason I hesitated so long to try this brand was the cost of the samples. EDM offered free foundation samples, and they are lot more generous than the Meow's samples. The only expense to try them was S + H. Meow's samples are $1 each (and for me one sample is not enough for two applications), plus S + H, and your order has to be at least $10. That is expensive in my book, since you may not find a good match the first time around. Also, I had received EDM samples within less than a week. Meow took almost two weeks to arrive. Still, if it works this much better, I am willing to put up with the start up hassles and expense of ordering online.

I keep coming back to mineral powder foundations, because I hate the feel of anything else. And I have tried and spent a lot of money on a variety of different foundations and formulas, liquids, powders, cremes, other mineral foundations, etc.

Update: For those days, when I need heavier coverage I tried Flawless Feline, and it settled in my pores. Then I came across Lucy Minerals and tried it. I like Lucy a lot better than Flawless Feline and their samples are a lot more generous and ship a lot faster. Also, after wearing Pampered Puss for a while, my skin started flaking around my nose. Not a good thing.

I really wanted to like this foundation, especially after spending a fortune on tiny samples, but it just is not for me. I did like their combination skin primer, blushes, eye shadows, and feliners and I will continue shopping for those.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by fihe

I first tried Meow Cosmetics a long time ago. I absolutely love how they have so many different shades and undertones of foundation colors. it took me a long time to find my ideal shade because there are just so many! I have fair skin and a neutral skin tone, and I use Frisky Korat. I used to use Sleek Korat but then found that that was way too light, which is interesting considering that I am quite pale.

there are three different formulas: Purrfect Puss, for "light/medium layerable coverage", Pampered Puss, for "medium/heavy layerable coverage", and Flawless Feline, for "heavy coverage". the Pampered Puss used to be my formula of choice, but after trying Flawless Feline, I have decided that I much prefer that instead. (I've never tried Purrfect Puss.) I need a lot of coverage, and while the Pampered Puss formula can provide this, I need to put on a ridiculous amount! that makes my face look a bit too powdery. I still have some of my Pampered Puss foundation, and save it for when I want a very minimal makeup look, which is not often. therefore, I'm rating it with 3 lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this months and months ago and I'm just now writing a review because I think there is so much good hype about it but I'm one of the rare ones I guess who really disliked this product. It looked soo chalky on me. I have porcelain skin so it's hard for something to make me look lighter! They have WAAAY too many color choices and it's too hard to pick online!!!! I felt so ugly when I wore this one day that I cried. Maybe if I was with the owners in person they could color and formula match me but since that isn't possible I won't repurchase. :/ Shame too, cuz I LOVE cats and love the cat themed names etc. They get a "5" for cuteness lol