L'Oreal Telescopic Liquid Eyeliner

2.7

on 6/20/2012 3:20:00 AM

After finding it impossibly difficult to once more encounter my favourite liquid eyeliner, L'Oreal's Lineur Intense, I thought another L'Oreal product wouldn't hurt, especially one that was in all the stores.

But this liner is nothing like the Lineur Intense. It has a felt applicator, yes, but it's shaped strangely, often fluffs up, making it necessary to get your fingers dirty by pulling off the fluff, and it is also nearly impossible to get a perfect line or wing tip.

The liquid itself is watery and of poor quality.

I will be searching for a new liner. This one is a total disaster.

let me just start off by saying that I have been loyal to my MAC gel liner in blacktrack, but I was looking for a good drugstore liquid liner for the days I don't feel like cleaning my brushes. A friend of mine suggested the L'oreal Telescopic liquid liner so I figured I'd give it a try. Maybe I was disappointed because I had high expectations, but I got the "Carbon black" color and it honestly doesn't even look black to me. The applicator isn't good either, and the liner cracks and smudges easily after being applied. I wanted to like it but it just isn't a good product. Back to the drugstore it goes.

on 5/22/2012 1:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Definitely do not like this liquid eyeliner the applicator is very bad, they should discontinue this.

on 5/8/2012 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I bought this because I love the voluminous carbon black mascara. This is not the same. The brush is too stiff. I'm afraid one slip and I will poke my eye out. You also have to dip it several times to complete 1 eye. Once you shake it up, the color is dark, but I was hoping it would be darker than it is.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like to wear winged eyeliner daily and it is easiest to do that using liquid liner. I had ran out of my more expensive no drugstore eyeliner and decided to go for something cheaper. When buying makeup at the drugstore I usually don't check the prices since everything is usually super inexpensive so I just picked this liner out randomly and paid. When I checked how much it was it was $8! I know that's not a lot of money over all but i feel that is too much to pay for a drugstore liquid liner. I'd expect a price like that in California but not in Texas where everything is pretty inexpensive. I kept it anyways because I needed a new one and didn't feel like wasting time going back to buy a new one. Ok now onto the actual product itself. This liner has an odd shaped felt tip applicator which really isn't that big of a deal since I can pretty use any kind of applicator. But this one is really bulky and has an odd shape so there is no way you can get a thin line. It isn't the easiest to wing out your eyeliner with but it works. Not liking to waste a product if it works, even if it isn't the best, I kept using this and after a while i noticed little 'fuzzies' and these hair things would come off of the applicator so I would need to pick them off while covered in eyeliner in order to get a clean line. The formula of this eyeliner is very runny so you might get a bit on your eyelashes and you need to be careful not to look up during drying time or else you will get another line on your upper lid. This eyeliner also doesn't always apply evenly and in some parts can look like a water color paint was used as an eyeliner. So you do have to go over it again sometimes. This eyeliner is black enough(not as black as my current wet n wild one though). This has ok staying power. I mean it doesn't go anywhere unless you rub your eyes or cry. Sometimes in the mornings when i'm tired i get tears in the corner of my eye and within minutes my wing is gone :/ So in all I wouldn't recommend this or buy it again. It isn't a terrible product but there are tons of better liners that you can get and they are usually cheaper too!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Too runny, wet, and applies unevenly... Takes a while to dry too, and once it does has a very dry and crusty feel on your eyes...

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This stuff is no good. I picked it up at the store on a whim, I lost my other liquid liner.

I like a felt tip, so it has that.

But lacks in all other areas. Even the tip begins to suck.

The formula is crusty and dry. I have to dip the point back in the liquid about 3-4 times while lining ONE upper lashline. I cannot get a straight line very easily, this way. The product flakes off as you go back to apply more lineage - and thus, continues to fall on your face throughout the course of the day.

The tip is hard, man! It's like the tip of a dried out Crayola marker - what is this? Why?

Can I get my $5 back? I decided to give the NYC felt tip liner pen a try - it's fairly new - and for $2.75 this stuff does the trick and for cheap... and I get a great winged line.

I bought this after using Almay's intense i-color liquid liner. I loved the almay's liner except for the color just wasn't intense enough. I bought telescopic because it looked so intense and promising.
The color does live up to the intenseness in color that I had hoped..I think it may have some sparkles in it, but not enough to bother me. I didn't buy the waterproof version and ended up having to get a different brand for when I wanted winged eyeliner because it would smudge terribly whenever I laughed and my eyes got a little teary. Bad news.
But, for just the lids..this liner does the trick.
The worst part about this product is the tip. I had fallen in love with the almay applicator felt tip, but something about the telescopic tip just wasn't right. it was too bulky and hard and overall difficult to get a nice thin line. (or even thick line- it just never did what I want.) It didn't take me long to swap the almay tip and loreal tips out so now I use the telescopic liner with the almay applicator- and that has worked awesomely for me. :)
Maybe not the best product out there- but I like it overall.

on 3/6/2012 6:15:00 PM

I'm using the Waterproof version of this product and unfortunately have to say this is the worst I've tried :(

1 - The liquid burns my skin.. which is strange because I've never had any other eyeliner do that to me before. I made the mistake of ignoring the tingling burn on my upper lid and applied it to my waterline - ZOMG SEARING PAIN! They burned like there was no tomorrow :'{

2 - I find the point a bit too firm (it probably doesn't help that the liquid aggravates my skin). The applicator is difficult for me to use because I tend to go back over to fill out the line I've made, but the hard point will push away the liquid and make a "channel" in the line because it's so firm. Not sure if that made sense.. sorry I don't know how else to say it better!

3 - It crumbles after a few hours. I notice that all the LE waterproof eyeliners do that to me. It's better than smudging and smearing, though it gets in my eyes.

About me: I'm asian and have combination skin. The oily factor always causes eye makeup to give me raccoon eyes unless I use good waterproof makeup. I try all the DS liners and also some HE ones (both pencil and liquid) - Mac Liquidlast is my fave when I have the money.

on 1/22/2012 1:53:00 AM

I purchased the L'Oreal telescopic mascara and the eyeliner came as a bonus in the package - which was lovely at the time. I only use liquid eyeliners as virtually every pencil liner smudges on my oily eyelids. My go-to liquid eyeliner is the L'Oreal Lineur Intense and I thought, hey the Telescopic shouldn't be too far off.
The Telescopic liner was quite the opposite: The fluid was extremely runny; I thought it was running out even when I just opened the package. The brush tip is thick so it's difficult to create a 'winged' eye. I have it in the 'charcoal' but it was a very watery grey.
Eventually It was time to replace my Lineur Intense but with no time to reach a drug store, I resorted to using the Telescopic.

Despite its watery consistency, the colour begins to show up after more than a couple of strokes on the same area of the lid. My one and only favourite thing about the Telescopic is that IT DOES NOT BUDGE. Even my Lineur Intense starts to smudge on me after a few hours! (I use UrbanDecayPP religiously!)

*Verdict: Use the Telescopic if you're going for a natural daytime eye VS a bold dramatic cat eye as the Telescopic will not deliver.