Everyday Minerals Silk Dust (Untinted ) [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Not tested on animals

I'm a bit surprised by the other reviews as I haven't found my silk dust gritty at all.
I use it as a final step when I apply my makeup. It applies smoothly and without colour and I find it seems to set it into place and finishes off the look. It works well at controlling the oil that can build up on my forehead and I helps my makeup to last longer. My sister told me it contains medicinal properties and people use it at night so I started using it at night after my nightly moisturiser has sunk in. I'm not 100% certain it is the silk dust but since I've been using it regulary my skin just keeps on improving. I have less acne and smoother skin. I think I will be repurchasing for the rest of my life!

on 3/20/2008 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ewww, this is so grainy it can be used as a mild scrub.

on 3/14/2008 4:08:00 AM

This is a really good dust for controlling oil and shine. I apply it before and after my foundation and I am no longer oily towards the afternoon.
This particular batch was a little grainy (but was still fine) and when applied you can hardly notice. It would be good it everyday minerals could find a new jar for it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i will use this forever and ever and ever!
i love it. i will not leave my house without it. IF i need a touchup during the day (which i usually dont anymore since using EM) this is the perfect stuff to have on hand!
it's so cheap for what it does, too.

on 2/17/2008 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought the pure silk dust which looks white in the jar but goes on invisible. Like other reviewers have said, it is a little grainy (still quite fine) but this is not felt or even noticeable when I brush it on. It is really effective in keeping my t-zone shine-free, so I don't really need to touch-up. I have used it over liquid as well as mineral foundation and it works equally well. I like the natural finish it gives, and it is not in any way chalky. I would prefer it to be really fine like silk, hence the 4 lippies, but despite this I would buy this again as it is a great finish to my foundation.

Too grainy! I'm using Aromaleigh's version now, it's totally smooth.

on 2/8/2008 4:29:00 AM

When I wear my everyday minerals foundation in semi matt towards the very end of the day I start to get a tiny bit oily on my t-zone. So I have began to use this before I use my foundation and I no longer experience oiliness. I <3 applying it with my flat top kabuki.
Edit: Have been using this for a few weeks now and it really controls the oil and i barely neeed to touch up

I really like this product. I use it as a primer and as a finishing powder, and I've got no complaints. My skin is remarkably oily in areas, and while it's no miracle, I find that Silk Dust does help significantly.

I've not noticed a weird smell, and though I was initially surprised at how grainy it really is, the product is effective. I'm a fan.

on 2/2/2008 6:31:00 AM

I don't wear foundation, only powder. I've been trying to find a natural alternative to Corn Silk but this isn't it. It does control shine, but I hate the gritty texture. Silk dust should feel silky! I wouldn't buy it again.

on 1/30/2008 1:21:00 PM

I agree with many users; as they have stated, the grains are much chunkier than other finishing powders. I was disappointed. I'd even switched from BE to this, but I have to say, BE's mineral veil is a far superior product. I'm still using that instead of the silk dust.

Recommended for Normal Skin