Stila Convertible Eye Color

3.9

on 9/13/2007 9:15:00 PM

I loved the color (violet).

I checked on it after a couple of hours and I had flecks of the eyeliner under my eyes. Not cool.

Edited:
Well after I found my the little bit of heaven that is Urban Decay Primer Potion, I've become a fan! The eyeliner and shadow stay where they're supposed to. Stila Convertible Eye Color I'm so sorry I doubted you!

on 9/6/2007 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really do love this product - I have every shade. BUT: the package is silly. Really, really silly. You must remember to screw the liner back into the pen itself before putting the lid on. And you must make sure that it's stored in a way that the pen won't screw itself up - otherwise the liner gets squished into the lid - which, by the way, WILL NOT stay on the pen. It's beyond annoying. However - the way the shadow smudges onto the eye, the way the liner just sketches natural along the lashline, and the way the colors blend into a very mellow, natural looking palette is perfect. I wear them pretty much every day.

on 7/6/2007 6:59:00 AM

This is a very innovative product - liner, smudge + shadow in one handy pencil, which is very durable. It's good value for money for the product you get from it, however, neither the liner nor the shadow lasts on my combo skin. After a couple of hours the colour almost disappears - not even much of a smudge is left! Might be better for girls with normal or drier skin types.

on 4/8/2007 8:05:00 PM

I have this in stone, teak, and violet and I love all three! The liner twists up and it's thin enough to get a clean line yet thick enough for a quick, smudgey look. At first glance, the eyeshadow inside looks like a teeny amount, but it lasts suprisingly long! The shadows are sheer, wearable shades and even work well combined with other colors. I sometimes use the stone shadow with the teak liner. Like others have said, I also had an issue with the caps staying put, but that's just a small disadvantage to such a great product.

on 2/10/2007 1:09:00 AM

Got this online in Violet. The color is great, but I don't like liners that are twist-despensible that don't have a sharpener (don't use eyeliner much anyway). This was not quite what I expected... I didn't think that it would just have the rubber blending nubby on the other side to account for the eye shadow, it was described as 2-in-1. Since I don't have 2 colors, just a dark eyeliner that blends into a light mauve, I feel like I got ripped off.

**Wow, duh, I figured out about the twist-off compartment in the middle of this product. It houses an applicator with the eye shadow. I really like it, but feel really dumb : )

I got three of these (stone, port, and forest) as a gift, and i reeeally really love them. they're really vibrant and smooth liners with a nifty little smudger on one end. i find it takes a bit of smudging and layering and smudging to get the desired effect, but still not as much with other brands, so they're really nice. i just dont know if they should be advertised as eyeshadow/eyeliner duo instead of convertible eyeliner (stress on the eyeliner). stone is a nice dark taupe (greyed brown) that is very useful, port is a pretty royal purple that i really needed as an addition to my stash becuase it looks great with my brown eyes, and forest is a super darkened green (almost like a black but with a surprise green tint). overall i'm very in love iwth these, they really make the smudgey smokey eye thing easy!

on 12/18/2006 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I would and will buy this again and again! I love it.

I have this in stone and like others reviewers have said it brings out flecks of green in my eyes. It's natural and gorgeous and i'm so happy i bought it.
I am a lover of all things convertible, or in other words, quick! I hate bulk and love stick foundations, blushes etc.

I don't find the plastic packaging cheap looking, I find it light and practical considering these things don't last as long as pan eyeshadows do.
I am not a huge wearer of eye make up so this is perfect and doesn't go to waste. The liner is creamy and the shadow is shimmery and iridescent.

Only problem i had with this was the fact that I smashed the liner on the lid the first time I closed it not realising you had to wind it down. It's also pricey but I think it's worth it.

LOVE! Will buy more colours.

on 11/21/2006 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I know this is one of those love it or hate it products..but I can honestly say that I love love love it!
Convertible Eye is a 3 in one eye product: You get a twist up eyeliner on one end, a cone-shaped smudge tip on the other end, then when you unscrew the middle, you get a spring-tip applicator that is automatically dosed with shimmery shadow.
It's awesome! As a makeup artist, I am generally not a fan of twist up pencils, but this is perfect to always have in your purse for emergencies. It's easy to use and gives a very pretty polished looking eye with very little effort. I love Teak (bronze) and Stone (Plummy Taupe. Throw one in your bag and you will agree it is a life-saver!

on 8/26/2006 10:30:00 AM

I have this in stone and ivy. I really like the convience of the eyeliner and shadow all in one and the colors are very pretty. The eyeliner goes on easily which is great for a novice like me. My only concern is that at the end of the day the liner seems to be gone but the shadow is still there. I'm not sure if it's the product or if I am doing something wrong. This product does have a design flaw with the caps. They don't stay on very well and if you forget to lower the liner lead then you end of smashing the tip of it.

on 5/8/2006 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Fantastic product. I have this in Stone, which initially looks like a nothing-special taupey brown. But Stila always seem to give their colours a subtle twist which makes them unique, and in the case of Stone CEC, it's a hint of purple, which brings out the hazel in my brown eyes. My friends always ask me how I do my smoky eyes, and it's so simple with this - I just line all the way around and inside the eye with the pencil, then go over that with the shadow, and hey presto, a sexy smudgy smoky look. My one gripe - hence knocking off one lippie - is that the lids of these always pop off and get lost in my bag. Eventually they disappear altogether, and then I start to worry that the pencil will get contaminated without its lid. So I end up buying again before it's actually run out.