C.O. Bigelow Spearmint Mentha Lip Shine

4.5

I hate that I love this product so much...$7.50 for just a lipgloss seems a little bit ridiculous, and the tube collects grime so its beautiful blue color ends up obscured and a little bit weirdly sticky, and sometimes the applicator hole lets out too much...but the gloss makes me look so good, with high shine and moisturization. It also is a hit with my boyfriend, who loves its taste. I love the weird little tingle it gives at first application. I highly recommend this, despite its shortcomings - I use mine all the time.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

omg i love this stuff!!! i had all the other delicious flavors like vanilla, black cherry, and orange i also liked the root beer tho i never bought it....but they all got disctd.! i was so sad but since i needed a nice gloss && i loved the others i bought this one && even tho it doesnt have the scrumptious flavor like my others i love it! it has the wonderful mintyness of all the lip shines and i really like the spearmint flavor i may never buy gum again! its not sticky it goes on nicely && lasts pretty long && as soon as u put it on theres a nice minty feeling on ur lips i wish that would last a little longer but i still love it && will keep buyin it as long as its there!!

I have 3 of these lip balms (bought them as a set) I bought from an after Christmas sale at Bath and Body Works. I only bought these because I had a gift card and I needed some new balm. The Spearmint is my favorite scent/flavor. The balm is soothing and treats chapped lips. I also use these just for the shine when I'm going out. The smell and taste of these are great. Unlike other products, these are not sticky. I would probably buy these again, but I would keep my eye out for when they are on sale. Since I had three of them, I keep one in my purse at all times, one in my makeup bag, and one on near the bed.

on 2/12/2008 8:36:00 PM

I hate the smell (and taste) of most lipsticks, and I went looking for a gloss or balm that smelled like the Aveda lipsticks I wore when I was younger (and wore more makeup than I do now). I hoped the C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine would come close to what I wanted, but it missed the mark. One the good side, it does have a nice minty smell and taste, and people will always think that you just brushed your teeth. It is very, very shiny. If you like a lot of shine, you'll love it. I prefer a more subdued satiny-type finish. Also, the texture was way too thick and mushy for my taste. At least it wasn't sticky. If you're into glosses, you just might love this. I prefer my standby of Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm, which has a nice sheen (not shine), texture and a minty smell.

on 2/8/2008 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I ADORE this product!

I am almost completely finished with the first tube I bought. It works great on chapped lips and fixes them instantly. The texture of the gloss is awesome as well. It is very thick with awesome staying power.

The best part of this gloss though, is the taste. It instantly tastes, sweet minty and fresh. Great for using after dinner in addition to a piece of gum.

on 1/30/2008 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my must have product!
I have about 3 in my purse, one in my day planner, one I keep on my desk, and one on my nightstand. I can not be without this product. The taste is great and refreshing! The shine is a nice natural look.

on 1/1/2008 12:44:00 AM

Love this stuff. Perfect refreshing pick me up for the mid day beauty blahs. Makes my lips feel great and feshens my breath too! $7.50 is a rediculously high price tag, BUT sometimes you can catch them on sale for pretty cheap. When I see they are on sale, I stock up on this one as well as the Cinnamint Lip shine. Fantastic product hands down!

on 12/25/2007 9:22:00 PM

I LOVE spearmint.. and I love this lipgloss! I bought it when it was on sale at bath and body works... I would buy it 2x the normal price. It smells good, tastes good, and the shine is not a nasty shine, it's like a gorgeous sheer shine. My boyfriend seriously sucks this off my face when I wear it! I would so recommend this to ANYONE. It makes my breath smell great, too.

on 12/23/2007 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm pretty much dedicated to the CO Bigelow glosses for life. They smell fantastic because of the natural mint oils used, they look fresh and pretty and they taste good. I've found other glosses may taste okay at first if you happen to get them in your mouth, but later you notice some kind of strange taste in your throat- this gloss doesn't do that! I can actually feel good about using it frequently.

on 11/13/2007 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

awesome product. smells so refreshingly minty and tingles for a few minutes after application. a pretty clear gloss. and really really moisturizing too, which is rare for most glosses.
i love this stuff.