April 17, 2014 | 951 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Max

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by tracywwwdot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favourite mascara. I'm on my second tube but it does last a long time without drying out. Very black and volumising are it's strengths as well as no clumping or under eye smudges. It stays on until you take it off. I think Max Factor make great pharmacy 'high end' cosmetics - their foundations are great too. I'm also a big fan of 2000 Calorie mascara which is very build able so great from day to night.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by zen_a_holic

This mascara is pretty damn awesome for a pharmacy/drug store brand. Yes it's not the cheapest drug store brand there is, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, as in it's not cheap and nasty. You pay a bit more for Max Factor products, but most of the time they're worth it.
The brush isn't one of those brushes that looks like the brush, if that makes sense, as in it's made from silicone or like-substance and it has the bigger, points that separate the lashes. I find it makes them look lovely and thick, gives a lot of volume I've found.
I don't know whether it lengthens lashes, as mine are kinda long anyway (not as long as my boyfriend's though, damn him), but it still makes your lashes look lovely and thick and gorgeous.
Would I buy it again? Already have! I'm on my third tube of the stuff as it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by kaatiex

Masterpiece Max Mascara is my HG mascara, I've yet to find better :) I add a few coats to my lashes to get a more subtle look, or can smother it on for dark, big lashes. The mascara never clumps, and keeps my lashes separate so I avoid the 'spider-leg' look. It doesn't smudge and stays on all day without changing in appearance.
Definitely one of the best drugstore mascaras you can get, would repurchase again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by sunkissed1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the top drugstore mascaras in my opinion. It keeps the lashes separated while giving them a nice thickness and length. I've had problems with smudging in the past and I am happy to report that this mascara doesn't budge. I tend to use the brush with the 2000 calories formula also. For $10 on sale it definitely does the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by beules

In my opinion, Max Factor do the best 'pharmacy' mascaras around. I love the Masterpiece range and the Masterpiece Max does exactly what it says. Separates, lenghens, volumises and looks fab! stays in place all day and doesn't feel heavy. Doesn't flake and is great quality. Just purchased the waterproof version! Buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by impactblue85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best Mascara I have ever used. Seriously separates and lengthens the lashes without clumping or flaking. I always managed to get a lot of use out of it and would always run out of product before it ever got a chance to dry up. And when it's on special it's great value for money!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by zalime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got mine like 2 or 3 years back then and never have a major problem with it. It gives a very nice and clean looking. Does a good job in separating lashes as to define them. Doesnt clump but u do need to wait til it dries before u apply another coat or else it would def clump! Staying power is okay but it does smudge after 5 hours or so. (or maybe it was my eyeliner?) Will keep looking for other mascaras as i want fuller lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by FrancyE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wore it all through my teenage years. Though i don't have any recent photos, i uploaded one (the one with 3 eyes). It was a great mascara, so clean, long shelf-life, EXTREMELY long lashes though not much volume. Inespensive and worth re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by msadelaide

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great colour, dosent smudge, easily the best mascara I have used and I have tried a lot of them.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by ZoeMakeupLover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A great mascara!
Visible lash definition,
Minimal clumping,
Extra volume,
Lengthening.

An all round good product. I think its the brush that makes this mascara work so well!
When looking for fabulous lashes, Id always recommend a plastic brush. It seems the plasticky material evenly distributes the product, whereas sometimes the fibre ones get mangled together.
Have bought many times, will buy again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No