MAC Studio Tech

3.5

WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED; TRIMETHYLOLPROPANE TRIOCTANOATE; CYCLOMETHICONE; ISOHEXADECANE; CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE; POLYGLYCERYL-6 DISTEARATE; MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX (CERA MICROCRISTALLINA); GLYCERIN; SILICA; BUTYLENE GLYCOL; ISONONYL ISONONANOATE; TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN; EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX; BEESWAX (CERA ALBA); TOCOPHEROL; SQUALANE; LECITHIN ASCORBYL PALMITATE; POTASSIUM SORBATE; PROPYLENE CARBONATE; POLYETHYLENE; DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER; TRIISOSTEARIN; STEARALKONIUM BENTONITE; PEG-5 SOYA STEROL; SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE; POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE; SODIUM CHLORIDE; HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL; CITRIC ACID; HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL; MICA; TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891); IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499); ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007); CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289); CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288); ZINC OXIDE (CI 77947) (11/2008)

on 1/20/2013 3:41:00 PM

Okay I've never written a review for a product... Ever, and I felt compelled to praise this. I have been using MAC's studio fix foundation for a year, and I loved it at first. I loved the way it looked, rather. But my skin broke out like crazy from this. I loved the finish of it and my face looked great, but I had to look for something new. I tried a few other foundations that were okay but didn't give me the "look" I wanted. The other day I went to MAC and purchased studio sculpt and studio tech in NW20. Wow. Not only am I completely obsessed with studio tech but it was so nice to apply. It doesn't feel heavy on my skin and goes on like Shea butter. So wonderful and I would have never thought this would work for me. It is a dream and my new HG for sure.

on 1/18/2013 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This foundation gives great coverage over discoloration and blemishes while looking natural. It is easy to apply with the included sponge or a brush. However, it has a clay-ish texture that accentuates my acne scars. Yet it covers my active breakouts flawlessly. You win some, you lose some, right? It feels light on my face and doesn't cause any further breakouts. My acne scars are slowly fading with my Nubrilliance microdermabrasion system..if they continue to smooth out I will definitely repurchase this.

on 12/27/2012 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Lovely application. I used to use the 109 brush with fix+, but I felt that I was beating the brush up and it was shedding all over. So I started using the urban decay optical blurring brush and it is pure perfection.

price is okay, def not a steal.

my color is NC50 which worked wells across my experiences with mac foundations

This gives me a flawless face, matched with the pro long wear concealer. I really like a light-feeling flawless face, but everyone doesn't feel the same.

I always get compliments saying that I have such beautiful skin when I wear this. Which is always the ultimate test if a new makeup product is working. :)

on 12/15/2012 10:30:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love this foundation. I had previously used MAC liquid foundations, but as my skin began drying with age, I started using another "mousse" foundation, and I liked it, but I wanted something with better staying power, so I tried this, and I'm very happy. I live in Florida, and it lasts all day, and my skin feels smooth when it's on. I wear NW20 on my face, but since it is a bit darker than the skin on my neck, I blend it with NW15, and it works great. The design of the compact is great for storing a foundation sponge with the foundation, but be sure to wash the sponge regularly For me, it is worth the $30 even though I use up the product in the container faster than foundations I've used in the past.

on 12/12/2012 10:42:00 AM

NW20, mature dry skin, mostly even skin tone. I don't recommend Studio Tech for oily or acne prone skin types. M.A.C. S.A. should find another foundation for them. This can be a sheer or medium coverage foundation, and how it's applied makes the difference in the coverage. I couldn't give this a high rating for several reasons 1. it isn't much product for the price. 2. this in my normal NW20 color shade made my skin look somewhat ashy. 3. the two compartment compact is a hassle to open, at least it was for me. The complaints about the product drying out is justifiable. Simple solution, don't completely remove the foil overlay, I would say to peel back about 3/4 way and cover with the foil when finished. I'll stick with the M.A.C. Studio Careblend product or Trish McEvoy's Even Skin foundation.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I've been looking for a good quality foundation for a while and I finally found it. I use to have trouble spots on my skin and I never found anything that would cover my face completely while still looking natural, but this foundation does it all. Its easy to apply and lasts all day. I've had mine for about three months and it still works like a charm. I will definitely be buying this again

on 12/5/2012 10:29:00 AM

AMAZING. Great coverage, not greasy, flawless face finish. I cant say enough. It turns to a powder finish and is enough on its own, but if you want an even more flawless face you can set it with a powder. I get tons of compliments and nothing Ive purchased before has compared. Amazing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not the best foundation and not the worst. I bought it thinking this would be my new favourite... You have to be very careful when applying this foundation because it has a very thick consistency. Too easily you can feel like you have 10 pounds of makeup on your face. I have oily skin but i do not powder with the foundation because it gets very very cakey. I love the coverage. I do not like using this all over my face except areas where i have blemishes because it hides them very well. I personally wouldnt repurchase this because I have better and cheaper foundations that work just as well if not better. Overall, not the worst but not the best.

on 10/28/2012 11:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a staple. I don't use it everday. I use it when I know I'm going to take pictures or go out to a party and don't want to fuss with my skin. It photographs nice and I don't have to worry about concealing alot since I find concealing to be a bit tricky.

on 10/20/2012 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Waste of $30! For the first week or two it went on nice and had a "cool, watery" kind of feel to it. After that it began to dry out and turn all gummy. It was really thick and made my skin look dry and dull and sank into my pores making them more noticeable. I have had it for about 2 months and it's already almost gone even though I don't use that much of it. The only good things were the high quality packaging and that it did not make me break out. I am going back to L'oreal true match cream compact. It is sooo much better and about 1/3 of the price.