Clinique Brush-on Cream Liner in Deep Brown

4.6

isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polyethylene, barium, sulfate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone, bht. may contain; mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

on 4/25/2009 1:05:00 AM

This is HG material....smudge proof and wonderful color payoff!

on 4/23/2009 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my first potted, gel eye liner, purchased a couple years back, and I love it. This product stays in place, doesn't smear or smudge easily, and is more workable than a crayon but doesn't require major skills like a liquid liner. The brush is perfect and this stuff will probably last forever, having barely made a dent in the pot despite regular use. If it ever does run out, I'd be interested in repurchasing. The consistency is great and it's quick to apply.
Edit: This pot has dried out a bit in the years I've owned it. Might need to find a way to remedy that or replace it. But I would definitely purchase this eyeliner again.

on 4/4/2009 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I finally bought a cream/gel liner! :) I'm so impressed with it, I wish I bought it earlier! I'm currently in a brown eyeliner/eyeshadow phase and I love this to death! It's super natural but it creates a defining line. It's SO easy to apply and I don't know why but I prefer this to pencil liner. It takes me like 10 seconds per eye and it's way faster than lining over and over again with my Elizabeth Arden Umber pencil. I use an Ecotools angled liner brush and I prefer it over the one provided. I actually prefer using an angled lining brush. The colour is deep brown, the perfect shade in my opinion. It's not too dark and not too light.. it's perfect in the middle! The SA told me that it would last a year if I don't smudge it all over my eyes. Haha, she was wearing it at the time and I just loved it! I like this way better than the True Black one and it's better than the MAC fluidline. The MAC one is more expensive and this one has much more as well! :) There is also a little brush including with this.. lastly, it stays put all day and doesn't shift if I don't use a makeup primer! It doesn't fade and doesn't smudge too much if I accidently rub my eye! This is a perfect product and def. worth $18 CDN.

on 3/23/2009 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm really impressed with this product. This is my first cream liner that I've ever purchased and it worked great. The brush was okay but I just used my own angle brush instead to apply it. It was a bit messy at first for me since this was my first time but it turned out pretty nice. One of my first times applying this I managed a nice smooth line easily. In my opinion, I find this cream liner very easy to apply, especially if I'm in a rush. I like the colour a lot, too. It gives my eyes a slightly more natural look rather than black. Another plus to this liner is that it comes off really easily. I use Vaseline to remove my eye makeup and usually I would have to rub a lot to get it off but this one comes off really quickly and saves me a lot of time. The price is not extremely expensive - it's actually really affordable. I really like this product and I would definitely repurchase!

on 3/11/2009 2:58:00 AM

So, My first review for Makeup Alley and I had to choose the clinque cream liner to review..Its one of my favs! extremely creamy but not too creamy where it will crease..just as long as you wear a base..especially for me because i have oily lids. The brown is a very pretty color, good for a day time look. I didn't like the brush at all..Should use an angle eyeliner brush(my own preference) great product!! =)

on 1/29/2009 10:41:00 AM

Love this cream liner. This is a nice dark brown color. It's my first cream liner and I'm really impressed with it. I was using all my life liquid liners but found it's getting very messy sometimes and pencil's one didn't work up to my standards ( it's impossible to put line close to lashes over the shadows). This one just blow me away with the end result. The brush is o.k. too ( the only thing that I would like is a case for the brush, but as another reviewer mentioned I can make my own). The price and the quality is great.
Update: Even though it's a very nice liner, looks very harsh on my light skin so I just return it and now I'm using MAC's shadows for liners( they are just great)

on 1/9/2009 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ironically I was looking at the time for the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner but since they were out I went to this. Boy, I am so glad I did. There's basically about 5 colors and I intend to try others but the deep brown was what I wanted. It is deep brown and very easy to apply. The brush this product comes with is useless unless you want a very thick line. I bought a liquid eyeliner brush and it works wonderfully with this cream liner. The liner lasts all day, doesn't smear or dry & crack, and comes off very easily with water. Good find and will repurchase but I think this will last a very long time. It doesn't take much to make a nice, smooth line.I also got it for a great price at a cosmetic/perfume store at the outlet mall.

on 12/28/2008 12:58:00 AM

LOVE this liner. In my experience, it doesn't have quite the same staying power as Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner (there was a tiny bit of smudginess at the end of the day on the lower lids), but it comes very close. And the price is amazing in comparison, especially since a little does go a long way. I use a Sonia Kashuk bent eyeliner brush to apply it, which has been working fantastically for me, and I hate spending too much time on getting ready in the morning, but it just takes a few steady swipes and a rinse of the brush to keep it clean. Amaaazing!

on 11/13/2008 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Fantastic eyeliner. Color, application, and staying power are all amazing. I apply it with a Paula's Choice eyeliner brush, and I get a perfect line that lasts all day. The color is great too, a dark brown that doesn't look too harsh.

Me: Moderately fair skin (MAC NC 20-25), blue eyes, light brown hair.

on 10/16/2008 12:50:00 AM

I am in love with this liner. It is honest to god fabulous! It is the only liner I have ever tried that actually stays on the waterline. Plus, it's opthamologist tested and waterproof so it won't give you an eye infection. I have this liner in both the brown and the true black. The only thing I would change with this liner would be to have it come with a separate plastic guard to keep as like a double-lid system for extra protection against drying as this is always a worry with cream liners. Otherwise, in terms of price, it's not that bad considering you use very little of the product with each use, so this should last you a long time as long as the lid is kept on!