November 28, 2014 | 1882 users online

Pressed Powders - Pur Minerals - Universal Marble Powder in Pink

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2008 5:48:00 AM More reviews by blondejunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I realize this is a mineral product and the company doesn't put any fragrances in it...but it smells! I don't care for the shade of pink it leaves on my cheeks. It is poorly pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by nkunkel

Normally I don't use much blush, because I usually have to use a lot to make it last all day, and on my fair skin it tends to make me look overdone. This product looks perfect on my skin, and gives my cheeks a nice glow that lasts all day - unlike other blushes that seem to disappear by mid-morning.
I would definitely recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 4:25:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yup, mine smelled rancid, kind of like Crayons. Absolutely no color payoff either. A waste of time and money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2007 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Julia11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't had a problem with rancid smelling Pur Minerals products. I ordered from the Shopping Channel. I thought I would sell this product, since I really only wanted the foundation from this kit, but once I tried it, I kept it! The swirly pink/white/ powder goes on very sheer (using chisel brush) and is so natural and pretty. I think it would look good on most skin. The mica in it gives a glow, not sparkles. The only drawback is that my pores are a tad larger now that I'm in my 30's and I find that it exaggerates the size of my pores. I usually put on my regular powder blush (Clinique) first, then use some of this Marble powder as a highlight.

They say you can use it on your lips as well....NO!! All you get is a whitish powery looking lip, like you've just eaten some pink powder doughnuts...LOL.

It does look very pretty as eyeshadow as well as blush/highlighter. I would think this product would be perfect for a teenager or girl in her early 20's whose pores are not yet enlarged.

Overall, good product. I think it will last a long time....I've been using it for 2 months now and it barely looks used.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2007 4:34:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I really wanted to like this product. I like the finish you get with the foundation and hoped to like this. THe Marble powder in pink is so pretty. swirls of pinks and white in a nice compact. Gives my nc30 light olive complexion a nice rosy glow. However, the smell is awful. Totally smells rancid and it grosses me out when I apply in. It slowly fades during the day, not all the way off but just a little. Retails for $21.50 for the full size. Net Wt. .28oz/8g. Pretty but the scent is disgusting.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Marguerite

Both Universal Marble Powders made by Pür Minerals smell off, the bronze one and the pink one. Had it happened just once, I wouldn’t have mentioned it. But this is the third time I order Pür Minerals kits and these arrive in them smelling rancid. My friends agree. Something just doesn’t smell right. (We are advised to throw away makeup if an odor develops. What do we do when the odor is already there?) I would rather not use these marble powders because I don’t know if their scent is a result of poorly designed, ineffective preservative systems or a sign that they are past their sell-by date. Pür Minerals says that these marble powders reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles but that is not my experience which is why I wouldn’t sweep them over face, neck and décolletage as recommended. If this Pink Marble Powder had no scent or at least had a fresh one, I would use it as a blush; the color is natural (on me anyway), goes on sheer and gives the cheeks a healthy glow. The packaging is better than that of Pür Minerals’ 4-in-1 mineral makeup in that there is only one cap to flip open but the Universal Marble Powder’s cap is curved and this makes stacking another product on top unfeasible. It is also transparent which some may prefer for quick identification of the product but this also makes it look cheap and messy. Sorry, Pür Minerals, but this is a no-go.

Ingredients (from the Pür Minerals website):