Davines Nounou

4.2

Water, cetearyl alcohol, glcerin, cetrimonium chloride, dimethicone, behenyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, cetyl alcohol, hydrogenated sweet almond oil, creatine, amodimethicone, dicaprylyl ether, C30-45 alkyl methicone, C30-45 olefin, simmondsia chinensis seed oil (jojoba), lauryl alcohol, rhizobian gum, glyceryl linoleate, disopropyl adipate, glyceryl linolenate, ascorbyl palmitate, solanum lycopersicum (tomato) fruit/leaf/stem extract, tocopherol, lecithin, benzophenone-4, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, hydrogenated palm glycerides citrate, butylenes/ethylene/styrene copolymer, alcohol denat., methylparaben, ethylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, potassium sorbate, citric acid, CI 19140/ yellow 5, CI 42090/ blue 1, Ci 14700/ red 4, caramel, benzyl salicylate, fragrance.

After bleaching my hair to blond I needed something to help put some moisture back in. Even after cutting half the length off my hair it was still wrecked :-( I ordered this conditioner and was nervous that the smell was going to drive me crazy after reading the other reviews but was pleasantly surprised that it is NOT heavily fragranced. I think it smells like Aveda's products (earthy, musk-ish) and doesn't seem to linger after it is rinsed off the hair. Overall I will buy this again because it is really helping my hair and it doesn't weigh down my fine hair. I don't know how often it is recommended to use this product but so far I have used it once a week and am getting great results from it. I can see a difference when I don't use it so to me I think this is great!!! I think the price is decent ($16) but as mentioned previous the packaging could be improved. I may transfer it to something else or just leave as is since I am frequently using it. Thanks to all the reviewers on MUA because if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have known about this product!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I use NouNou Shampoo and the Conditioner. I've used them for about six months now. I love the products and have bought several bottles of each. When I initially started using them, I could definitely see a difference in the lack of dryness of my ends before a haircut (I wait and go about once every 4 months). Will continue to rebuy.

I deducted a lippie because it is more expensive ($16 for shampoo and $20 plus for the conditioner. But Longs and Target have started carrying the brand, which makes it convenient.) The packaging on the conditioner does leave something to be desired, as others have complained. I think the tub also makes the product dry out faster. I always get better results on a brand new tub, than the tail end of an old one.

I have also tried the mask and got similar results. I don't think I'd switch to it, but may use on an occasional basis.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The tub is really annoying; I think I might transfer this to another bottle, but overall its a good product. My hair is left soft and it feels stronger. There are loads of good-for-your-hair ingredients. The smell is like a muted all-spice cookie, though I can see why some might be bothered by it. It has the texture of a thick pudding. I do notice some slight shine, but I hate the dry-down. My hair feels tangled, which is why I deducted points. I have to re-wet my hair to get it to fall the way I want it. If you color your hair, give this a whirl.
UPDATE: 7/4/08 I decided to use more of the conditioner and let it sit in my hair, emulsifying it until it felt creamy like lotion and rinsed. It really made a difference. My hair was shiny, soft, but still had nice volume. I actually came to like the smell, but still can be troublesome to my nose somedays.

I'm a little annoyed that no one has made reference to the fact that there are two NouNou products. Mask and conditioner. This review is for the MASK.

Have you ever ordered the Green Curry at a Thai restaurant? I have, and I think it's pretty tasty, HOWEVER, never once have I thought to myself "This is sooo fabulous I simply must slather it all over my entire head!". Apparently this is EXACTLY what the Davines folks were thinking because that is EXACTLY what the product smells like, and what do you know? It's the same EXACT color! Coincidence? I don't think so! How has no one else made this connection? I am not trying to go around smelling like I've been laboring in some ethnic restaurant kitchen all day. Honestly, the smell could not possibly be more offensive. I have a very acute sense of smell, so this about knocked me off my feet when I opened the lid in the shower. Nausea instantly ensued. The smell most definitely should not be described as earthy!!! I like earthy smells! Aveda is earthy! This...is curry, no doubt about it! I can't understand why they would pick a spice that smells not unlike B.O. to use as a fragrance. It does not smell like how a higher end hair product should smell. It smells like I bought it on clearance at the dollar store.

It is a good conditioner at a decent price (especially compared to Kerastase) and I have no other complaints. I have very fried, broken (thanks bleach!), sorry, light blonde hair. If my hair were a person it would be malnourished, depressed and albino. This did provide adequate hydration, however... When I do my hair masks I like it to be a nice little spa like experience and I hang out in the shower for an extra long time. This ruined my lovely experience and made it feel more like a wretched nightmare that left me with the urge to puke. This will not be replacing my Fekkai protein rx, which doesn't perform quite as well as the NouNou, but does smell like yummy luxurious cookies.

This conditioner is great. I have blonde hair with lots of highlights and sometimes I have some darker colors thrown in the mix. There is a weird grandpa scent but I don't mind because it works so well. The slip is fabulous. I alternate this with Bumble & Bumble Cool Blondes Color Support. As soon as I use up the B & B I am going to try the Davines color line in silver. I can't wait.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Amazing stuff. I also have gone all over the place trying to find a conditioner that kept my hair shiny and soft but without weighing it down. I absolutely love this conditioner and now can't imagine using anything else. I spend so much $ on highlights--this product really makes me feel that I'm keeping my hair looking its best between salon appointments.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Add my raves to the list! This is a fantastic conditioner on my thick, coarse, curly hair that is blow dried and flat-ironed daily. I use this 3-4X a week and it leaves my hair soft and healthy looking. I don't mind the smell, the inconvenience of the tub or the price tag. I first used this last summer and when I went to repurchase it, the place I bought it from went out of business. I have since found a salon that carries Davines products, so I'll never be without this...well...until the next HG comes along.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

First of all, I have tried EVERYthing and I mean that. From cheap d/s conditioners, to the highest of high end, and this is by far the BEST I have ever tried. I think it is my new HG conditioning miracle. The ammount of slip my hair has after I rinse it AMAZING!!! I have never felt my hair like this. It is really tempting to use it everytime I shampoo, but I am a big believer in never using the same shampoo and conditioner two times in a row. I do use it every two or three times though.

I was woried that hair that smooth would surely turn into a grease-ball in no time, but day two was looking pretty darn good for the humidity here in TX lately :)

Some reviewers commented that they didn't like the smell, honestly, I'd spread dog poo on my hair if worked this well...ok maybe I am going a little over board, but this stuff is the bomb!
I will buy again and I bought a nice empty bottle to store it in since the container is a bit flimsy. Three Thumbs WAY up!!!

I love this Davines conditioner!

This conditioner offers TONS of slip...I mean, tons! IIRC, it's also silicone free, which is always a great choice. I have fine yet abundant 2a/sometimes 2b hair, and this conditioner makes it super-soft (yet not frizzy and flat-soft) and very healthy feeling. The smell is earthy...not floraly, not perfumey, not fruity. Earthy. I like it.

The conditioner is sooo thick, I was able to add about 3 oz of water to my tub and mix it up with the end of a comb. Even after adding water, the conditioner is still super-thick, and it still performs just as well.

The packaging is HORRIBLE, though! My tub cracked down the side, the day I got it. I had to put some tape over the crack, until I was able to find a squeeze bottle to transfer the conditioner to. I know several people have complained about the shampoo and conditioner packaging not being completely full....but, if you look on the containers, there's actually a "fill line", which equals 8 oz (or whatever the advertised size/amount is.) I think they just purposely don't fill the containers, to make it look cooler or something.

I used this conditioner for the first time today. I left on for over 10 minutes, wrapping my hair in a damp towel that had been soaked in hot water (may be this helped as I have not tried this technique before).

I left my hair to air dry with no styling products. As usual, it dried fluffy with many fly away bits. As with most new conditioners I was disappointed. A few hours later and my hair seems to have smoothed itself out. It feels very soft and looks shiny. This rarely ever happens to my hair unless it has been heavily styled.

I like the smell - it reminds me of a henna product I used when I was a teenager.

I bought the Nourishing Illuminating Cream with Tomato extract for colour treated hair as they had run out of the olive oil version.

My hair is not coloured, is wavy black, shoulder length and frizzy when unstyled.