September 18, 2014 | 1410 users online

Conditioner - Davines - Nounou

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 6:33:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The tub is really annoying; I think I might transfer this to another bottle, but overall its a good product. My hair is left soft and it feels stronger. There are loads of good-for-your-hair ingredients. The smell is like a muted all-spice cookie, though I can see why some might be bothered by it. It has the texture of a thick pudding. I do notice some slight shine, but I hate the dry-down. My hair feels tangled, which is why I deducted points. I have to re-wet my hair to get it to fall the way I want it. If you color your hair, give this a whirl.
UPDATE: 7/4/08 I decided to use more of the conditioner and let it sit in my hair, emulsifying it until it felt creamy like lotion and rinsed. It really made a difference. My hair was shiny, soft, but still had nice volume. I actually came to like the smell, but still can be troublesome to my nose somedays.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 8:11:00 AM More reviews by GlitzyGlam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a little annoyed that no one has made reference to the fact that there are two NouNou products. Mask and conditioner. This review is for the MASK.

Have you ever ordered the Green Curry at a Thai restaurant? I have, and I think it's pretty tasty, HOWEVER, never once have I thought to myself "This is sooo fabulous I simply must slather it all over my entire head!". Apparently this is EXACTLY what the Davines folks were thinking because that is EXACTLY what the product smells like, and what do you know? It's the same EXACT color! Coincidence? I don't think so! How has no one else made this connection? I am not trying to go around smelling like I've been laboring in some ethnic restaurant kitchen all day. Honestly, the smell could not possibly be more offensive. I have a very acute sense of smell, so this about knocked me off my feet when I opened the lid in the shower. Nausea instantly ensued. The smell most definitely should not be described as earthy!!! I like earthy smells! Aveda is earthy! This...is curry, no doubt about it! I can't understand why they would pick a spice that smells not unlike B.O. to use as a fragrance. It does not smell like how a higher end hair product should smell. It smells like I bought it on clearance at the dollar store.

It is a good conditioner at a decent price (especially compared to Kerastase) and I have no other complaints. I have very fried, broken (thanks bleach!), sorry, light blonde hair. If my hair were a person it would be malnourished, depressed and albino. This did provide adequate hydration, however... When I do my hair masks I like it to be a nice little spa like experience and I hang out in the shower for an extra long time. This ruined my lovely experience and made it feel more like a wretched nightmare that left me with the urge to puke. This will not be replacing my Fekkai protein rx, which doesn't perform quite as well as the NouNou, but does smell like yummy luxurious cookies.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2008 11:02:00 PM More reviews by sincityshopper

This conditioner is great. I have blonde hair with lots of highlights and sometimes I have some darker colors thrown in the mix. There is a weird grandpa scent but I don't mind because it works so well. The slip is fabulous. I alternate this with Bumble & Bumble Cool Blondes Color Support. As soon as I use up the B & B I am going to try the Davines color line in silver. I can't wait.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by magsfarm

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing stuff. I also have gone all over the place trying to find a conditioner that kept my hair shiny and soft but without weighing it down. I absolutely love this conditioner and now can't imagine using anything else. I spend so much $ on highlights--this product really makes me feel that I'm keeping my hair looking its best between salon appointments.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2008 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

Add my raves to the list! This is a fantastic conditioner on my thick, coarse, curly hair that is blow dried and flat-ironed daily. I use this 3-4X a week and it leaves my hair soft and healthy looking. I don't mind the smell, the inconvenience of the tub or the price tag. I first used this last summer and when I went to repurchase it, the place I bought it from went out of business. I have since found a salon that carries Davines products, so I'll never be without this...well...until the next HG comes along.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by ktbzee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, I have tried EVERYthing and I mean that. From cheap d/s conditioners, to the highest of high end, and this is by far the BEST I have ever tried. I think it is my new HG conditioning miracle. The ammount of slip my hair has after I rinse it AMAZING!!! I have never felt my hair like this. It is really tempting to use it everytime I shampoo, but I am a big believer in never using the same shampoo and conditioner two times in a row. I do use it every two or three times though.

I was woried that hair that smooth would surely turn into a grease-ball in no time, but day two was looking pretty darn good for the humidity here in TX lately :)

Some reviewers commented that they didn't like the smell, honestly, I'd spread dog poo on my hair if worked this well...ok maybe I am going a little over board, but this stuff is the bomb!
I will buy again and I bought a nice empty bottle to store it in since the container is a bit flimsy. Three Thumbs WAY up!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 12:12:00 AM More reviews by JeanJorts

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this Davines conditioner!

This conditioner offers TONS of slip...I mean, tons! IIRC, it's also silicone free, which is always a great choice. I have fine yet abundant 2a/sometimes 2b hair, and this conditioner makes it super-soft (yet not frizzy and flat-soft) and very healthy feeling. The smell is earthy...not floraly, not perfumey, not fruity. Earthy. I like it.

The conditioner is sooo thick, I was able to add about 3 oz of water to my tub and mix it up with the end of a comb. Even after adding water, the conditioner is still super-thick, and it still performs just as well.

The packaging is HORRIBLE, though! My tub cracked down the side, the day I got it. I had to put some tape over the crack, until I was able to find a squeeze bottle to transfer the conditioner to. I know several people have complained about the shampoo and conditioner packaging not being completely full....but, if you look on the containers, there's actually a "fill line", which equals 8 oz (or whatever the advertised size/amount is.) I think they just purposely don't fill the containers, to make it look cooler or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by elmyras

I used this conditioner for the first time today. I left on for over 10 minutes, wrapping my hair in a damp towel that had been soaked in hot water (may be this helped as I have not tried this technique before).

I left my hair to air dry with no styling products. As usual, it dried fluffy with many fly away bits. As with most new conditioners I was disappointed. A few hours later and my hair seems to have smoothed itself out. It feels very soft and looks shiny. This rarely ever happens to my hair unless it has been heavily styled.

I like the smell - it reminds me of a henna product I used when I was a teenager.

I bought the Nourishing Illuminating Cream with Tomato extract for colour treated hair as they had run out of the olive oil version.

My hair is not coloured, is wavy black, shoulder length and frizzy when unstyled.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by ackack

i loved this treatment! gentle and really great results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by laurentothemax

i just recently started using this conditioner and i've been very happy with it so far. The fragrance is slightly musky, earthy and organic (which i enjoy), unlike so many overly perfumed fruity conditioners out there. Texture-wise this conditioner is especially nice because its not too watery nor too clumpy. It disperses really easily throughout the hair and rinses without any build-up. Unlike other reviewers I actually like the packaging too, because you can get right down to the bottom of the tub instead of throwing away the last bit because its in a bottle. My coarse, highlighted, and generally mistreated hair feels infinitely better after using this product. My color is extra shiny and i find myself using a lot less styling product. Congrats, nounou. you just replaced bumble and bumble super rich as my HG conditioner.