August 1, 2014 | 1032 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by laurenemmess

I love this stuff! It makes my skin look and feel soft, it hides blemishes, red in my cheeks, and it doesn't over dry my face. I just wish it came in more shades because mine is a bit too dark for me, but the lighter one would be too light. But I still really like this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by iluvMUA

I used this back in 2003; I did not like it then and I don't like it now. My face does better with foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 6:42:00 AM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING<3

This contriols my oil, does NOT look cakey *Glares at No.7*, Makes me look very natural, Gets RID OF THE RED IN MY CHEEKS ;D, It makes my face feel moisturized and not over drying, AND ITS CHEAP<3 *Glare at MAC*

And the packagings cute<3 i love opening up my bag and seeing this!

Please do not discontinue this covergirl ;A; I LOVE IT<3

Will buy again and again and AGAIN!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by amandymoo

I really do like this powder. I use 710 translucent light which is a perfect color for me. I put this on with a powder brush in the morning to set my makeup and does a good job of that. I have acne and it does not make me breakout! The only thing is that I have oily skin and by the end of the day my face is greasy. I'm pretty sure it's this powder not my foundation, but I'm not positive. Great buy, but if you have oily skin it may not be for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by LaineLaVain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this shade in soft honey. It works beautifully!!! since its translucent, it doesnt add much color to my face, only a touch =) and it sets my bronzing powder perfectly!

EDIT: this stuff is crap, pure crap. you get what you pay for. Now that ive started using expensive makeup I cant believe i even gave this a good rating. wow. has no coverage, wears off quickly and splotchy. I wouldnt let my dog use this...and I dont even have a dog.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by NewMama13

I love everything about this powder except the fact that it doesn't come in enough shades. The one I bought is just a bit too light for me but the next shade up is too dark. However it is one of the few powders that doesn't look and feel too heavy on my face. It never breaks me out either. Looks very natural. Good stuff overall.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by HighbrowLady

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't care for this powder. On my skin it looks really fake and powdery. It's very obvious that I have powder all over my face. I don't really care for the perfumey smell, but I wouldn't mind it as much if the powder worked well for me. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, this was the only powder by CG I hadn't tried, so I bought one in "Soft Honey" thinking...this is gonna be too dark, powdery, cakey looking, and control no oil...I was SO wrong. The shade goes on much lighter than it looks in the pan, perfect match for my golden tanned NC37 skintone! Not powdery at all, in fact it's totally undetectible on my skin. And somehow this powder keeps me matte longer than all the other oil control powders I've tried. I am convinced that adding moisture actually keeps my pores from overproducing oil. Also, because it doesn't overdry your skin, it never gets cakey or flakey, even with multiple touchups. Also, doesn't sink into pores, like most powders tend to..in fact it smoothes over pores and helps mask them. I love the deep blue compact, and I think the mild scent is actually quite pleasent. Definiteyl CG's best powder formulation, and my HG powder (at least for the cooler months).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by sajj38

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually really like this product, doesn't dry me out or make me flake. Good for sealing in cream foundations because it doesn't cause them to dry out in a rippled pattern.
I used this for T- zone oiliness, sealing in foundation and as a touch up. I noticed that this is very light and it can make my nose look too light, but I just put a little bronzing powder on my nose and it balances it right out. Just have to remember to buy a shade that's slightly darker than what I would normally use.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2009 2:53:00 AM More reviews by mo141

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I pretty much really do not like this powder. For one, isn't this kind of supposed to go with the hydrating "Smoothers" makeup that CG offers? Uhh... the talc in this product isnt going to help with that, but really I shouldn't expect too much from a drugstore brand. But even with talc, I have had decent face powders that don't make my face look cakey, powdery, and fake (this one does :() When I bought this I was honestly looking for something I could put on just after throwing on some quick concealer, but I don't even really like this for that either. Although I like this better than other CG powders I have tried, I still don't like this.
:) mo