Philosophy Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum

3.7

on 1/10/2011 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

ok, I really like this scent...the problem I have is that philosophy's fragrances are so high in alcohol content that the actual fragrance doesn't last that long....I love the way AG smells and have tried the lotion, shower/bath gel, and body scrub - they all smell divine...BUT, even with layering, it still doesn't last that long...I'd buy it again, though...how sad is that LOL....

on 1/10/2011 8:13:00 PM

I was curious of this product because I saw it was on Oprah's favorite things, So I went to the mall to try, from that moment i have to have it it smells so clean and fresh, even my sister bought it and we get a lot of compliments. It's been my perfume for a long time and I still love it. This is one of my staple scents.

on 10/11/2010 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

My mum bought me this perfume about 6 years ago, and i haven't stopped using it since, it's my signature scent! It smells clean, classy and pretty, and i love it, and won't stop using it, i also get comments about how nice i smell.

on 9/1/2010 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I am not a 'perfume' kinda gal by any means. In my younger days I opted for the obligatory (for my era) White Linen and Lauren. As I got a little olderI found and adored Laura Ashley No. 1. I wore it as 'my' fragrance until alas, it was discontinued.

Since then I have not found a scent I would like enough to wear daily until Philosophy's Amazing Grace. After reading online product reviews, I thought the description of the fragrance notes sounded like my cup of tea and so I headed to Ulta to pick up a sample. I agree that the EDC is not as long-lasting as the EDP, but that is usually the case with fragrance.

My sample was EDC. I loved the initial impression of white floral with a hint of musk, but the lovely surprise of warm citrus that evolved after wearing on my skin was heavenly! I decided after a few days to go back and purchase the Eau de Parfum and am just thrilled. I like that Amazing Grace is not obvious. People will say I smell nice, but not immediately ask 'What are you wearing?' when I enter a room.

The scent is feminine and fresh and I agree with other reviewers that it is reminiscent of the beach. In fact, my fiance, who usually dislikes fragrances asked me after smelling my neck if I was using a new shampoo! That's how subtle it is.

I recommend this scent to any woman who is usually turned off by perfumes and heavy fragrances. I just love Amazing Grace!

on 8/26/2010 9:12:00 PM

I have perfumes that are more exotic, more expensive, more "interesting." Still, I find that I reach for Amazing Grace more often than all of them combined. It is just a lovely, fresh, clean, feminine scent. Terribly wearable. And I almost always get compliments when I wear it, from men and women alike. This is a scent where *you* wear *it*, instead of the other way around. It's a classic for a reason. In a word? Wonderful.

the lightest, softest fragrance I have ever tried. it's so soft, feminine and delicate. gentle floral with a soapy clean undertone. a touch of musk, but not very noticeable. definitely can classified as a skin scent.

i would have given it 5 lippies, but the lasting power isn't that great. if you want a scent that can be smelled from across the room, then don't buy this. if you like an understated, less is more fragrances. this is perfect for you.

on 8/7/2010 3:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm in love. My go-to scents are clean and fresh, and this fits the bill perfectly with a little something special in the mix. My hubby loves it as well, and he has a pickier nose than mine! Will definitely purchase again!

on 7/15/2010 9:57:00 PM

At first I liked this scent. It smelled floral but clean at the same time. However, when I wore it today, my co-worker turned to me and said "Do you smell baby wipes?" I said "no" but I knew it had to be this perfume. It does have a baby wipe type of smell. So, that did it in for me. I won't be wearing this one again except maybe around the house.

I recieved a free .5 oz sample with a recent purchase from philosophy and I adore the smell of this purfume. It's light and flowery, but the smell lingers all day. I'm definitely going to buy a full size when I run out of this sample for me and my mother!

on 3/1/2010 1:58:00 PM

I obtained a used bottle on Ebay that someone was almost giving away. I now see why. The best way i can describe this headache fragrance is artifical, unnatural and cheap floral. A lot of reviewers have referred to this as a "soapy" smelling fragrance. It in no way smells like any soap I've ever used or want to use.

Popular Fragrances