Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 12/9/2012 8:49:00 AM

I know this is being touted as a primer, but for me it works more like a very expensive moisturizer. It doesn't make my makeup stay put longer nor does it act as "clear makeup" to lessen redness.

It does feel great on the skin, feels moisturizing, and doesn't make me break out, so there's that. I'm just disappointed that it doesn't do all it claims to do.

on 12/5/2012 5:01:00 PM

Good grief. After all the hype, I thought this would do SOMETHING interesting. Nope. Nothing. Nada. Sigh.

on 11/9/2012 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This primer really makes my makeup stick around all day and all night. I have never had a primer do that. I mainly use a primer for that reason. I don't find that it wills in pores very much (I feel that the L'Oreal studio primer does that the best.) The smells goes away after a few minutes. I do allow this to sit on my face for two minutes before I apply my makeup. I get out of the shower and moisturize my face. Then I apply this primer and while it is sitting for those two minutes I moisturize my body and brush my teeth.

For me this made all types of liquid and cream foundation stay forever. I recently did an all night event for my company and this helped me look fresh all night.

I found that with this primer, revlon colorstay whipped mousse makeup with a stippling brush and skindinavia setting spray...holy crap... flawless all night.

on 9/7/2012 1:31:00 PM

This is a good product when it works. By that I mean, I can apply it the EXACT same way and get different results. It can get white flakes. You only need a tiny amount. I hve crazy, reactive acne-prone and this doesn't cause issues. I use this mostly ontop of SPF or powder.

on 9/7/2012 11:05:00 AM

I have ben using this for almost two years now, and I LOVE it! It is an essential in my make up bag and the bottle lasts forever! Other primers make my skin freak out, but since I use BM it is essential to wear one. This stuff does the trick! For my crazy sensitive skin it keeps it calm and I only get flare ups with little pimples here an there, once a month ;) Keeps my make up on all day and has made a huge difference in my skin!

For the other that are having issues, what I would say is that you HAVE to let this dry! I usually put it on and then do my eye make up, by the time I am done with that, I can dust on my BM and it all looks great :)

on 8/10/2012 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this back in June when Philosophy was having their 30% off sale. I just started using this a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I was apprehensive to use this based upon some of the reviewers stating that this made their face breakout. Well I'm happy to report that this product did not make my face breakout (shocking). I love the fact that it is clear and it doesn't have any tint to it. This product really does reduce the pores on my face and makes my foundation look great. I will definitely be repurchasing- my new HG primer.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Im very DISAPOINTED =( I really wanted to believe all the wonderful things people are saying about this product .After watching gossthemaakeupartist (youtube guru) he sweared this was thee best primer ever so the next day i went and bought it at sephora for $30 bucks .
Well im very sad to say it didnt do nothing as it promised to do
it didnt fill in a fine line nor did did it fill in a pore but what it did do was leave me with a horrible breakout!! =(
Also it leaves your skin extremely pale i look like a ghost after applying, also i would like to add that it leaves your makeup looking very cakey and if you rub your makeup it peels ewww gross .Also it makes your under eye fine lines pop out even more .
I really wanted this stuff to work for one im very sad that it doesnt work 2.i feel i cant trust reviews cause so many are paid to advertise as other have there products and bash others ughh im very disapointed .Please anyone if you know a product thats REALLY WORKS in filling fine lines please let me know Thank you .

on 7/14/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I don't have any idea how this works as a face primer. I've been to scared to try after reading about people breaking out, BUT....I use it on my eyelids and it really keeps my eye shadows in place. I use a very, very small amount and give it a minute to dry. Then I use my cheap, crappy shadows and it WORKS! They are transformed into nice, lasting shadows. Will repurchase for that use. maybe one day I will be brave enough to try as primer.

on 7/7/2012 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I use it alone, as a primer, over makeup, and, occasionally as a nighttime moisturizer. The claims about "airbrushed" looking skin are perfectly accurate for me. This is a classic for good reason.

on 5/17/2012 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Great product. I initially entered the department store looking for a clear powder to address the shine issues on my forehead, etc. At first I was skeptical, but the saleslady convinced me to try it and I'm glad that I did. This is fabulous as a primer underneath make-up, or as a clear type of foundation worn alone. It takes care of the shine and it doesn't irritate my combination to dry skin. If you don't want to spend the $$, then I recommend trying to get a sample and seeing if it works for you.

Popular Primer/ Correctors