April 17, 2014 | 1783 users online

Powder - La Prairie - Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by bettyboop11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Very expensive yes!, but works great in summer time after bb cream,
make my pores look smaller and that's all i need to be happy=)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by AyalaH

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this foundation powder in cameo and it is absolutely great ! Easy to apply, the colour is perfect and the powder so finely milled that it blends with my skin beautifully. At first it does appear quite matte, as other reviewers have said. However, after less than 30 min, it melts into the skin and takes on a subtle and very natural glow. It is not drying at all but ladies with drier skins should moisturise well as it can emphasise dry spots. Since my skin is oily, I have to blot after 4-5 hours but my face never becomes oil slick as it does with some liquid foundations. I put the Meteorites pearls in mythic as an all over finishing powder, along with a little of Laguna Nars bronzer or the Meteorites in beige chic and the Meteorites in pink fresh or Benefit Dandelion as blush and I love the result ! The case is big, with a convenient large mirror but remains very portable for touch up.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by suraimcfly

This is THE must have powder, perfect in every way except for the price. It goes on easily, not patchy or fake looking. My skin feels smooth and looks matte but not to made up. And I don't know why they don't put it in the name but this powder stays on ALL DAY on greasy skin, they should add "ALL DAY" to the description. I have oily skin and this is the ONLY powder that keeps away shine all day long, even now in humid weather. I wish I had found it sooner, would have saved a lot of money trying Lorac, NARS, Tarte, Channel, Dior, Loreal, E. Lazlor, Bare Ecsentuals, prescriptives, jemma kid, Givenchy, Armani, and YSL! Oh yeah, Hourglass, Korres and Laura Mercier, Kevin Aucion and Armani are 2nd choices if you don't need the matte finish but they are way seond cuz no powder stays on as long as this one!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by celymoon

I absolutely LOVE this powder! My sking is pretty normal, but I occasionally suffer from dry patches and have large pores on my cheeks so I like to keep away from liquid foundation. I've tried a number of foundation powders includeing Clinique, MAC, Stilla, Bare Minerals, and Chanel. The one that I was using for serveral years was the Chanel double foundation powder until I discovered this stuff. I love the way this powder blends in skin. It doesn't look fake or cakey. My face is smooth, flawless, and it doesn't clog my pores. I've actually noticed my skin improving after regularly using this. My pores don't get clogged at all and I rarely get breakouts. I apply this powder in the morning and never reapply it through out the day. I statys matte all day. My only gripe is the rediculous price of $75 and it lasts like 3-4 months with daily use. I think it's expensive, but given the options out there, it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by suzieq154

My HG powder foundation. I've been using this on and off for 4 years now. Every now and then, I'll try to go find a cheaper alternative and always end up coming back to La Prairie. This powder gives better coverage than most powder foundations without looking cakey. (I've tried Shiseido, Guerlain, Shu Uemera, Dior, Chanel, Clinique, Prescriptives, Givenchy, and sooo many others) When I wear this, my friends always comments on how my skin looks flawless and my pores are completely gone. However, I do have pretty decent skin to begin with so I don't know how this would work on people with alot more to cover up. This gives a VERY matte finish so those who like a little glow should stay away. Although I'm yellow tones, the Beige Dore which seems to have a little pink in it fits me like 2nd skin. Love this powder foundation and will continue to repurchase.

Edit: Also for to mention, I have extremely, super sensitive skin. A lot of powders have made me itchy and this once doesn't. So this is great for sensitive skin gals!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2009 3:28:00 AM More reviews by bellez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is okay. It's is definitely for girls with better skin as the coverage is minimal, which is fine with me. It has a very matte finish and isn't really anything to write home about. Chanel Double Perfection and Shiseido Powdery foundation are a lot better than this product. The packaging is simple and nice looking though if that's any consolation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2009 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Igors

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very fine texture. But: matte, matte, VERY matte. So, for oilier skin and for younger women. My mother was using it, and it made her face look flat and dull. Too matte for her age.
Update: one lippie off for the limited color range; never a close match, you always have to accept that the color is slightly off. Not what might be expected for the price. And it became grainy after a few months of use. My mother just had to discard it with a rather heavy heart - just think of the price!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by MsMarley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

errr... am I using the same product as the rest of you?? this stuff is ok i guess, its kinda flat looking and doesnt really cover much. looks sort of powdery and dulls my skin a bit. i use it as a compact powder for touch up rather than a foundation because its just not up to the job in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 7:20:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with previous reviewer - controls oil better than any other powder I've tried (and believe me, I've tried a lot). Yes, I get shiny after 4-5 hours, but I usually have to blot my face after 3 hours. And the shine is discreet, dewy more than oily.
The minus is that I prefer foundation to be light with just a bit of coverage and this one gives you medim to total coverage. I've tried to put it with brush, expecting to make it lighter and more natural looking, but it was even worse.
I have it in old package - round one. It's excelent, I don't know why they had to change it...
Won't buy it again because Beiersdorf is on/off animal testing company, more on than off

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Diemmy

This keeps my skin matte, and I mean REALLY matte at first. As the day goes on, a little bit of oil shows through but not much. It's really good for oil control. The coverage is very buildable, from sheer to heavy. You have to moisturize very well though, because this product does emphasize dry spots. I have this in Ivoire and even though it looks pinkish, it blends in very nicely with my yellow undertoned skin.