Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Hydrating

3.7

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, PEG/PPG-18/18, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sucrose Distearate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Phenooxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Xylitylglucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Anhydroxylitol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Xylitol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Sorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Tripotassium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hyaluronic Acid, Allantoin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbardensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470)

on 5/10/2011 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I really like this primer because it's not the usual silicone base and I feel better about putting it on my skin. That said, I dont' think that it keeps my makeup as flawless as the silicone ones. However, if you dislike the "smothery" feel that silicone primers can have, you might want to try this one. I think it is nice to mix it up from time to time!

on 5/5/2011 3:09:00 AM

I am not impressed at all. It is only a moisturizer working with foundation and nothing more than that. I also found it is not hydrating enough. My face gradually dries out after 8 hrs, which is normal comparing to my other moisturizers. For this price as a primer, I am not looking for something miracle but this one doesn't do anything. I am good with my existing moisturizers already.

on 2/21/2011 6:52:00 PM

I really like this primer. It feels like a gel-like cream. It doesn't feel like silicone which I hate and my foundation wears beautifully all day. I think it's expensive, but a splurge that I'll make. I wish I could see the contents of the tube. To me, it's only slightly hydrating. It never feels oily or looks shiny on me. I would say my skin is normal/dry.

on 1/22/2011 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this primer. I have super dry skin so this is a must especially in the winter months. I always let my regular moisturizer soak in before I apply this primer. I've found since switching to this primer my makeup doesn't start to flake and look dry in the middle of the day like it used to.

I think that the price is extremely reasonable, it is priced much better than the other brands I've seen at Sephora. For $30 you get 1.7 fl oz, whereas even with a Sephora primer it is $15 for only 0.5 fl oz.

on 1/19/2011 9:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I dont normally buy LM products, the only LM product I own is the loose setting powder which is ok. Due to the reputation that LM has for her primers,setting poweders and all those secret things, I decided to buy this primer, I used it about 7 times to make sure it didn't break me out and it didn't. I dont have very dry skin but it's on the dry side. Overall its a very good primer with a $40 buck price tag but you do get a lot, Im currently experimenting and trying many primers from Guerlein which has a ridiculous price tag of $75 to Maybelline. That same day I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a primer from Hard Candy which was recommended to me by a friend who swears by it, I paid $8 bucks I believe, I alternated both one day the HC the next the LM, and really in all honesty the Hard Candy is just as good and also did not break me out. Im really still experimenting with both because Im trying to find something wrong with the HC and the LM. If youre looking for something just as good pick up the HC you will really be pleased, Im actually shocked. I will keep the LM but now I know what primer to buy if I want to keep $40 in my pocket for something more important like a foundation or a gloss or 2 from Chanel. For reference I tried the very popular Magic Perfecting Base from L'Oreal and I did like the way my foundation looked but unfortunately it broke me out with these ugly huge cystic like pimples which took over 3 days to get rid of, it was a complete disaster and I dont have ace-prone skin or sensitive skin. Bottom line this is a great primer and I will most likely re-purchase to own a high-end primer along with other cheaper primers until I find one that I can say I truly love.

on 1/17/2011 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Popped into sephora today and tried this stuff out. I've been looking for a non 'cone based primer--as they tend to dry out my skin and mattify it wayyy too much. I have dry skin so I def don't need that.

Tested this out on my hand--its a serum consistency and absorbs really fast. It left my hand nice and smooth. Sephora has a GIANT supersized tube for $40 so I picked it up. I honestly tempted to wear it under my reg moisturizer just as a serum!

Dry skinned ladies will appreciate this, esp if you have found that traditional primers just make skin worse off.

overall, a really good buy.

on 10/13/2010 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This foundation primer is absolutely stunning. This product makes your foundation stay fresh all day and best of all, it gives you a very moist dewy natural looking finish. Your skin looks healthy and supple and it is actually GOOD for your skin. It has a lot of natural and age fighting ingredients and it's not irritating at all. It's also great for the winter when your skin is naturally a bit drier. would definitely recommend!!!

on 10/13/2010 11:33:00 AM

I started using this producet when it first came out and just love it.

on 10/13/2010 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Just purchased this on the advice of the SA at Neimans when a got a sample of the LM cream foundation to try. I have not been happy with other primers as they tend to have sunscreen &/or silicone which I am alergic to. So far I really like this one. I def made my skin smoother and helped my foundation go on better. Made my makeup look more velvety, too. I am using it currently with my Clinique and Almay foundations as I like to only introduce one new thing at a time so I will wait to try it w/ the LM cream foundation. I would prefer a pump maybe but that is not a big deal. It is a little expensive but it sure does not take much of it. I especially like that is is hydrating now that fall is hear and winter is coming and my usual moisturiser will need a little boost - I dont like anything too heavy as then I tend to get some clogging on my t-zone so this seems like it should work well. Time will tell.

on 9/29/2010 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Terrible watery product. I tried this for a long time and really gave it a shot in a number of different combinations.

I am actually re-writing my review because I was a little lenient on this product and now that I have sampled other primers I think that this could be more accurately described.

The product separates in the bottle and doesn't give me staying power with foundations. I think it felt hydrating at the time, but what's the point if it's not helping my foundation stay on longer.

Popular Primer/ Correctors