October 22, 2014 | 1766 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer - Hydrating

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

I dont normally buy LM products, the only LM product I own is the loose setting powder which is ok. Due to the reputation that LM has for her primers,setting poweders and all those secret things, I decided to buy this primer, I used it about 7 times to make sure it didn't break me out and it didn't. I dont have very dry skin but it's on the dry side. Overall its a very good primer with a $40 buck price tag but you do get a lot, Im currently experimenting and trying many primers from Guerlein which has a ridiculous price tag of $75 to Maybelline. That same day I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a primer from Hard Candy which was recommended to me by a friend who swears by it, I paid $8 bucks I believe, I alternated both one day the HC the next the LM, and really in all honesty the Hard Candy is just as good and also did not break me out. Im really still experimenting with both because Im trying to find something wrong with the HC and the LM. If youre looking for something just as good pick up the HC you will really be pleased, Im actually shocked. I will keep the LM but now I know what primer to buy if I want to keep $40 in my pocket for something more important like a foundation or a gloss or 2 from Chanel. For reference I tried the very popular Magic Perfecting Base from L'Oreal and I did like the way my foundation looked but unfortunately it broke me out with these ugly huge cystic like pimples which took over 3 days to get rid of, it was a complete disaster and I dont have ace-prone skin or sensitive skin. Bottom line this is a great primer and I will most likely re-purchase to own a high-end primer along with other cheaper primers until I find one that I can say I truly love.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by vonns84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Popped into sephora today and tried this stuff out. I've been looking for a non 'cone based primer--as they tend to dry out my skin and mattify it wayyy too much. I have dry skin so I def don't need that.

Tested this out on my hand--its a serum consistency and absorbs really fast. It left my hand nice and smooth. Sephora has a GIANT supersized tube for $40 so I picked it up. I honestly tempted to wear it under my reg moisturizer just as a serum!

Dry skinned ladies will appreciate this, esp if you have found that traditional primers just make skin worse off.

overall, a really good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by dolleyed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation primer is absolutely stunning. This product makes your foundation stay fresh all day and best of all, it gives you a very moist dewy natural looking finish. Your skin looks healthy and supple and it is actually GOOD for your skin. It has a lot of natural and age fighting ingredients and it's not irritating at all. It's also great for the winter when your skin is naturally a bit drier. would definitely recommend!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by cwhite10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this producet when it first came out and just love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by js1624

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just purchased this on the advice of the SA at Neimans when a got a sample of the LM cream foundation to try. I have not been happy with other primers as they tend to have sunscreen &/or silicone which I am alergic to. So far I really like this one. I def made my skin smoother and helped my foundation go on better. Made my makeup look more velvety, too. I am using it currently with my Clinique and Almay foundations as I like to only introduce one new thing at a time so I will wait to try it w/ the LM cream foundation. I would prefer a pump maybe but that is not a big deal. It is a little expensive but it sure does not take much of it. I especially like that is is hydrating now that fall is hear and winter is coming and my usual moisturiser will need a little boost - I dont like anything too heavy as then I tend to get some clogging on my t-zone so this seems like it should work well. Time will tell.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by celkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Terrible watery product. I tried this for a long time and really gave it a shot in a number of different combinations.

I am actually re-writing my review because I was a little lenient on this product and now that I have sampled other primers I think that this could be more accurately described.

The product separates in the bottle and doesn't give me staying power with foundations. I think it felt hydrating at the time, but what's the point if it's not helping my foundation stay on longer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like others, I really wanted to like this product. It is my first LM makeup item. It comes in a very simple tube packaging. It has a sticky gel-like texture that is white but goes on clear on the skin. It feels very light and does make skin very smooth. Foundation goes on easily as well. It is $40 Cnd before taxes. I give this a very low rating for several reasons. I have dry sensative skin. I really thought this would help keep my face hydrated as the season is getting colder, though I didn't see any major difference. Also when I applied this for the first time it stung my face. I felt like it was burning, though it didn't last for more than a minute and went away. So I ignored that little episode and hoped it was a one time thing. I was wrong, 2x more on bare skin, and over moisturizer this primer did not get along with my skin. For something very pricey that doesn't satisfy does not deserve a high rating. Other cons, this primer doesn't have any directions how to apply the primer or any other benefits it gives the skin. I would feel more confident in the product if they described any other benefits of using this primer, other than just ingredients listed on the box. Overall, not good for sensative skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by susannapanna

I do like this primer, but I find it does not really do the job of moisturizing and acting as a canvas for my foundation - not depending on if i use MAC Face & Body or Laura Mercier TM. But it does not break me out and makes the makeup a bit more sweat-resistant in summer parties, anyway...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by dsweet730

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This product is very moisturizing and is a smooth application! It definitely reminds me of sun tan lotion. It's light on the skin and makes my foundation look smooth and silky.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by theNYues

I was on my 4th bottle of smashbox photo finish primer till I watched a couple of youtube beauty guru reviews about the Laura Mercier Primer. I immediately went to Sephora to ask for a sample. Since I have combination skin they recommended the Hydrating formula. I loved it so much I had to go back and purchase a full bottle.
To be honest, this is more of a comparative review since I have only used two different primers so far.
Smashbox photo finish formula is much "smoother" so applying foundation is much easier with a glide on effect, however, as much as the application is easy, throughout the day i noticed that my foundation never really was absorbed but just sat on top of the primer and slid around so after 4 hrs you can see that all your makeup has migrated to the sides of your nose and around the corners of your eyes and fine lines around my mouth. Bascially this formula does not help your foundation absorb better it just smooths the application of makeup.
The Laura Mercier primer application is not as smooth but defintely works well as a primer. I feel like it really primes my skin as well as moisturize, to help my foundation last longer and absorb better with out the feeling of having a "film" of makeup slipping and sliding on top of my face all day.
I could not give the Laura Mercier primer 5 lippies just because this is the second foundation primer I have ever used and I have not tried many other products to compare it to so I may possibly find a better primer in the future. But for now, I will definitely recommend and purchase again when I run out.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No