December 20, 2014 | 1318 users online

Skincare - Body - Egyptian Magic - Healing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Jasmineawan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thoroughly enjoyed this healing cream; however, the packaging just doesn't scream luxury - I know, I know, I'm a certified packaging lover. Needless to say, the price of the product does reflect it's quality

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by mavendark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim at Costco, the two jugs for $40, which I heard is a pretty good price. HOWEVER, this product did not do "magic" on my skin like a lot of people:

I have been using this for a good 3 weeks, waiting for something super amazing to happen. So far, I don't see much. I have oily/combination skin that also happened to be dehydrated when I first started using it. I have been testing only this product on my skin, with the same face wash that earlier seemed to dehydrate my skin. I can definitely say that my skin is no longer flaky, and dehydrated looking like before. But something like this can be easily achieved with another product.

I have a lot of acne scars, a lot of hyperpigmentation and redness. So far, it has done nothing to heal my scars (some people say there's a noticeable difference within 3-4 days) and my hyperpigmentation did not improve at all. The only thing that I noticed is that my face does look brighter and more "calm" (no red flare-ups) during the day/night when I have this cream on. If I take the cream off (aka wash my face very gently), the redness comes back immediately.

Additionally, when I first started using this, I had a lot of small pimples around my cheek area (I can feel them but no one can see them). I think it was due to a previous product I was using (which I stopped using when I started using EM). The small bumps/pimples went away within about 7-10 days after I started solely using EM (and did not manifest into cystic acne). But I couldn't tell if the EM helped it heal, or if it just healed on its own accord.

I tried using it around my eyes, and I really did not see a difference at all. I will continue using this, since it is not breaking me out. But like people mentioned, it's really hard to control the right amount to use. A lot of times, the oil feels like it's sitting on top of my skin, it doesn't seem to absorb at all. I will continue using it for 3-6 months to see if there's any improvement, as I feel like 3 weeks is really a short time to judge. I will update this review if anything new comes up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I read so many great reviews of this balm so I hunted it down at Whole Foods and have been faithfully using it since. I am diabetic so I really need a product that can produce results when I get blisters, sores, scratches, cuts, scrapes, etc. and I love that this is all natural to boot.

I had a burn on my ear from my curling wand and it didn't want to heal. I had used everything from a prescription (Bactroban) to Aquaphor (which is my usual go to for this sort of thing). I even used tea tree which healed the burn but really dried out my ear lobe and caused it to peel and split. I bought this and rubbed it on my ear and in 2 days the spot was gone.

I have been especially loving this for my winter nose, you know what I am talking about...when the inside of your nose dries out from the heater and then gets tight and uncomfortable and sometimes bloody and scabby (yuk), especially when you have to blow your nose a lot. I have been applying this with a Q-Tip up into my nose every night before I go to sleep and no dried out nostrils and when I suffered an upper respiratory infection with lots of nose blowing, I applied this all over my nose and upper lip and I didn't have that Rudolph Red Nose look. This is also good for cold sores too. I can't say enough great things about this product. It is a bit pricey, I think it's about $40 for a 4 oz jar, but it is worth every penny to someone like me and I have recommended to other diabetics in my endocrinologist's office.

I even carry a smaller jar in my overnight case and it came in handy twice on a trip I took to San Francisco last month. I wore heals out to dinner with a customer, we walked to the restaurant and needless to say that by the time I got to my room later that evening I had a bad blister on the back of my left heel. I applied this immediately out of the shower and kept applying morning and evening, switched to a pair of loafers and within 3 days that blister healed and gone.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Labtail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The tub isn't unhygienic - honey is anti microbial and antibiotic. Wash your hands first and you'll be just fine. Soaks in very nicely, leaves my very dry skin a bit matte. If you are shiny, you have used too much. Nice smell somewhere between olive oil and honey, almost nonexistent. I've been using it for a week now- my breakouts have cleared up, my skin isn't so dry that it is sore now, but it doesn't seem to help my rosacea. Not a miracle worker, but really, really nice. Using as body oil as well. Will definitely repurchase. My husband is hooked now, as well.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Gonelvik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like that the balm have the only natural ingredients. It smells of olive oil and I'm not so keen on this smell, but hey, it works! It is not so moisturizing to use it on my feet or elbows, but it is great on my face. I use it mostly at night to calm down and nourish my skin. It doesn't cause breakouts and feels lovely. Too oily to use during the day, though. And it lasts ages. So, it's a good base product without any harmful ingredients but don't expect miracles.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Update- 12/13 this stuff is just OK. It is not a miracle ointment it doesn't make your morning coffee or find the lost the sock for you. I have been using it to finish it up. The scent is not pretty but it is not ugly either. I will not repurchase this as I feel it is not worth the expense or space in my tiny vanity.

EM is pricey but worth every penny! I use it all over my skin- feet, elbows, knees hands... I love EM and will never be without it in my vanity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Seriously one of my favorite products on the market!! The only problem is I can't use if my face is broken out. When my face is clear, this gives it that amazing shine that we are all looking for!!

Really love this and wish I always had a clear complexion!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

I can't imagine putting this on my face, but I do use it on my granddaughter when she get's a rash, rug burns or scrapes. It works wonders on my grand baby's bum and knee scrapes. I've also used it on her chapped skin (it's very dry here) She kept getting diaper rashes that were not easily cured. You should see the tubes, jars, etc of butt cream I have purchased for this child lol None worked better than this. I think she may be allergic to diapers??? Anywho, this took care of her problems and she is a much happier baby!
Soooo, for those reasons, I love it. The 4oz jar lasts a very long time!
Oh yeah, I cut my leg shaving and put this on it. It soothed the cut and healed with no scar. yay!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, really didn't find a use for this product until I received 1st and 2nd degree burns all over my face, neck and chest from a steamer accident.....after I was done with the prescription Silvadene cream, I still had really sensitive skin in areas.....other skin creams were either irritating, or didn't do anything for me, but this has really helped to finish healing and soothing those areas. Although it didn't work for my eczema, or some of my other issues I originally purchased it for, this has really helped me to feel more comfortable, without irritation.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMaven26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have oily acne prone skin and this product SAVED MY LIFE. Oddly enough putting oil on my oily skin actually helped prevent my hormonal breakouts. Who knew?

Yes, it made my makeup a slick during the day, but I'd rather control shine and have far less breakouts and healthy, moisturized skin then cover up blemishes. Or you could just use it at night and not worry at all. I try to use it 2x a day and have seen great results in 2 weeks.

BE CAREFUL - if you buy it on amazon or eBay there are TONS of fake products. It seems that the only reliable way to buy it is directly from the site.

Also - use only half a dime sized amount and rub it between your fingers - the wax breaks down with body heat into a texture that glides right on.

Love this stuff!