Egyptian Magic Healing Cream

Olive Oil, Beeswax, Honey, Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly and Propolis Extract

on 3/16/2014 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Olive Oil, Beeswax, Honey, Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly and Propolis Extract
Nothing "magic" but its an adequate emollient with some decent ingredients for healing and moisturizing. Not scented. I like it in spite of the endorsement by Paltrow. Ok for wearing to bed under woolie socks but KeraSal is better for softening feet.

on 3/12/2014 5:39:00 AM

I had been reading plenty of reviews about this cream and oh boy why didn't I buy it sooner?!

So last week I had a pretty bad circumstances when my experiment with some facial products went....terribly wrong.
My skin turned into a dessert and I couldn't even bear to touch my face that time. I even got to one point when I cried my eyes out when it hit me, that my smooth skin was nowhere to be found. It was that bad, trust me. My mom even complained about my face.
Then I remembered I have a sample of EMC (in a sachet), given by a make up online seller as a bonus for purchasing some other products.
I tried it out, and in less than three days, I could feel my skin getting better. I had a full size shipped overnight because I finished that sample size.
Now, its been a week and I already got my smooth skin back <3

I wouldn't say that its a whole package you're looking for in a product tho. The packaging is unconvincing (that was honestly the main reason I thought that it was another low-rated product that wouldn't do anything to my skin), I'm not so fond of the scent either (neither does my boyfriend, who kept asking me what kind of weird oil did i put on my face lol), and it gets too oily in my face that I'm afraid got scattered all over my pillow every night.

But still, I'll continue to use this as a night cream from now on, except for the day when I use my Glamglow Thirsty mud (I used it twice a week).

However, I do heard that some people's not really suited to this product. I'm not really sure if its because of the product or they just got a fake product sold by some sellers (here in Indonesia a lot of fake products are being sold).
So I hardly recommend some people that asked me to try to put it as a thin layer first for one or two days to try it out, just to make sure.
But however, for me, its a really nice product :D

on 3/6/2014 1:57:00 PM

I've used this before & it's ok. I think it's kind of overpriced. I never saw the magic results everyone else talks about & it's VERY thick & hard to spread. I can't say that I care for the combination greasy/sticky texture either. I prefer Alba Botanica's Very Emollient lotion to this.

on 3/6/2014 1:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Egyptian Magic and Alba Botanica's Un-Petroleum Jelly and currently my two favorite natural moisturizers. I use EM on everything from my lips to the soles of my feet (before bedtime, with socks). Warmed between the hands, it takes on a more spreadable texture. It's a bit pricey, but most "natural" products are, and you can buy a two-pack at Costco which makes it a bit more affordable.

on 3/2/2014 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is expensive, for a health-food product, but totally worthwhile. I am allergic to glycerin (it causes me lots of break outs) so I have to be careful with what moisturizers and sunblocks and even foundations to use. As this product is free from the ubiquitous glycerine, I decided to try it on my aging 50-year-old skin. I use it nightly over some nice camelia or Bobbi Brown face oil, and then wake up in the morning with matte, plumped, poreless skin. It is an absolute miracle, with good, pure ingredients, and fabulous results! I have tried it under makeup but it's a bit too, er, moist, for my tastes, however, as a night cream, it's absolutely brilliant! Highly recommended!

on 2/19/2014 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I mix this with my foundation every day and I love how my skin feels with this on. It really does brighten my appearance and leaves my skin soft and smooth. It's tricky at first on how to apply it because you can easily just scoop up way too much, leaving your skin like a grease pit. But, once you get the hang of gently scooping the right amount, then you won't worry about greasiness at all. I use Medicine Mama's Sweet Bee Magic All In One Healing Cream at night after washing my makeup off my face. It's the EXACT same thing as Egyptian Magic Cream at 1/3 price. I bought both to compare and there truly is no difference other than the price. I use EMC in the morning with makeup and MMSBM as a nightly moisturizer. Between the two, my skin's in utter heaven!! I truly doubt I'll return to any other moisturizer - however, I DO have to finish up my Neutrogena Visibly Even eventually. LOL

on 2/19/2014 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an HG for me. I use it mostly as a face moisturizer, it even sits well under my makeup as long as I set it with a powder. Anyway, I was looking for a face cream with royaljelly in it which is a miracle ingredient, and also for the heaviest moisturizer I could find- and this was it! I love that it's all natural! My skin seems much happier than it's ever really been. I am seeing a reduction in my acne scars. The best is that this seemed to re-firm my skin which was kind of not as tight as it used to be after I had some extraction work on my teeth. I love this stuff and think it saved my face. I've already repurchased, and yes it is expensive even with the amount of product because I tend to use it on everything. Oh, I also read somewhere on a MUA blog that a lot of celebrity clients are using this as a facial moisturizer & I can see why!

on 2/4/2014 11:14:00 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed this healing cream; however, the packaging just doesn't scream luxury - I know, I know, I'm a certified packaging lover. Needless to say, the price of the product does reflect it's quality

on 1/6/2014 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this on a whim at Costco, the two jugs for $40, which I heard is a pretty good price. HOWEVER, this product did not do "magic" on my skin like a lot of people:

I have been using this for a good 3 weeks, waiting for something super amazing to happen. So far, I don't see much. I have oily/combination skin that also happened to be dehydrated when I first started using it. I have been testing only this product on my skin, with the same face wash that earlier seemed to dehydrate my skin. I can definitely say that my skin is no longer flaky, and dehydrated looking like before. But something like this can be easily achieved with another product.

I have a lot of acne scars, a lot of hyperpigmentation and redness. So far, it has done nothing to heal my scars (some people say there's a noticeable difference within 3-4 days) and my hyperpigmentation did not improve at all. The only thing that I noticed is that my face does look brighter and more "calm" (no red flare-ups) during the day/night when I have this cream on. If I take the cream off (aka wash my face very gently), the redness comes back immediately.

Additionally, when I first started using this, I had a lot of small pimples around my cheek area (I can feel them but no one can see them). I think it was due to a previous product I was using (which I stopped using when I started using EM). The small bumps/pimples went away within about 7-10 days after I started solely using EM (and did not manifest into cystic acne). But I couldn't tell if the EM helped it heal, or if it just healed on its own accord.

I tried using it around my eyes, and I really did not see a difference at all. I will continue using this, since it is not breaking me out. But like people mentioned, it's really hard to control the right amount to use. A lot of times, the oil feels like it's sitting on top of my skin, it doesn't seem to absorb at all. I will continue using it for 3-6 months to see if there's any improvement, as I feel like 3 weeks is really a short time to judge. I will update this review if anything new comes up.

on 12/1/2013 1:07:00 AM

I read so many great reviews of this balm so I hunted it down at Whole Foods and have been faithfully using it since. I am diabetic so I really need a product that can produce results when I get blisters, sores, scratches, cuts, scrapes, etc. and I love that this is all natural to boot.

I had a burn on my ear from my curling wand and it didn't want to heal. I had used everything from a prescription (Bactroban) to Aquaphor (which is my usual go to for this sort of thing). I even used tea tree which healed the burn but really dried out my ear lobe and caused it to peel and split. I bought this and rubbed it on my ear and in 2 days the spot was gone.

I have been especially loving this for my winter nose, you know what I am talking about...when the inside of your nose dries out from the heater and then gets tight and uncomfortable and sometimes bloody and scabby (yuk), especially when you have to blow your nose a lot. I have been applying this with a Q-Tip up into my nose every night before I go to sleep and no dried out nostrils and when I suffered an upper respiratory infection with lots of nose blowing, I applied this all over my nose and upper lip and I didn't have that Rudolph Red Nose look. This is also good for cold sores too. I can't say enough great things about this product. It is a bit pricey, I think it's about $40 for a 4 oz jar, but it is worth every penny to someone like me and I have recommended to other diabetics in my endocrinologist's office.

I even carry a smaller jar in my overnight case and it came in handy twice on a trip I took to San Francisco last month. I wore heals out to dinner with a customer, we walked to the restaurant and needless to say that by the time I got to my room later that evening I had a bad blister on the back of my left heel. I applied this immediately out of the shower and kept applying morning and evening, switched to a pair of loafers and within 3 days that blister healed and gone.

Popular Body Skincare Products