July 30, 2014 | 2024 users online

Skincare - Body - Egyptian Magic - Healing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMaven26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have oily acne prone skin and this product SAVED MY LIFE. Oddly enough putting oil on my oily skin actually helped prevent my hormonal breakouts. Who knew?

Yes, it made my makeup a slick during the day, but I'd rather control shine and have far less breakouts and healthy, moisturized skin then cover up blemishes. Or you could just use it at night and not worry at all. I try to use it 2x a day and have seen great results in 2 weeks.

BE CAREFUL - if you buy it on amazon or eBay there are TONS of fake products. It seems that the only reliable way to buy it is directly from the site.

Also - use only half a dime sized amount and rub it between your fingers - the wax breaks down with body heat into a texture that glides right on.

Love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by anasionas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

it's my first day since i've been using it. i know for sure that i have the real deal, ordered it from the company's website

i have to say i love the smell. it's not all that pleasant but it feels very natural. i know how beeswax smells and this product definitely has some in it

that being said, how is it on the skin?

quite oily but might work as a night cream. although i have combination skin i sometimes use oil at night, so i'm used to heavier products. it's ok, i don't mind, as long as it doesn't cause any breakouts

besides i have been using for a few weeks some harsh products for acne, so i definitely need a good moisturizer at night

i wouldn't recommend this to girls/men with oily skin. combination, maybe. normal, why not. dry, sure.

and it doubt it does anything to cure acne

all in all, looks like a good natural moisturizer and unless i find anything better i will probably keep using because it seems all natural and i'm a sucker for this kind of things.

i also love it has so many products from bees. i know they will have lost most of what they are supposed to have good in them by the time they get on my face, and i know the really good stuff is probabily in minimal quantities, but hey i won't go all DIY on my moisturizer. masks are enough

will get back with and update after i've used it for a while

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Missconsistency

I know a beauty shop owner that uses this every single day. She is in her mid 50s and Wrinkle-Free Seriously. And I know its no secret that its the olive oil and all the honey goodness that is guarding her youthful glow to skin. She told me she uses only Egyptian Magic on her skin from morning to night which explains why her face had an oily sheen all along but hey I too would slather my face in oil rather than letting my face wrinkle up in my mid 50s years too. Well right now im barely 24 and got a long way to go. But its nice to pick up information on serious wrinkle preventing sources like Egyptian all purpose cream and tips beforehand. One flaw this product has and I really dislike is its cost however. Things like, honey and olive already exits, abundant in nature created by god for us and they dare slaps on a ridiculous price tag which would eventually be equivalent to that of precious metals like gold in just a couple of purchase. If the price was more reasonable I bet and guarantee the Egyptian Magic all purpose cream would have a rating of 100% rebuying customers on makeupalley.

John3:16 (importance of repentance : )

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by organicorganic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I apply this on my face before I sleep at night because it's pretty heavy to wear around in public. Make sure to put a towel on your pillow because it'll rub off during your sleep but other than that, all of it is absorbed by the time you wake up. It hasn't made me break out but I haven't seen a drastic change in my face yet with diminishing scars like some say it does. I've been using it for about a month or two. I plan on continuing to use it because of the amazing natural ingredients, how soft my face feels in the morning & the price for a tub that will last you almost a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by bunnylove07

I am on my 2nd tub of this...so that's an indicator of how much I love this stuff! Some people call it a cream, but to me it is more or less a "balm" due to its consistency and texture. I use this all over my face before I go to bed and wake up with really supple, hydrated and soft skin. I think it makes a wonderful eye cream too - it keeps that area well hydrated. I am a little bit of a lipstick junkie and before I apply any lipstick, I will use a cotton tip and roll a bit of Egyptian Magic balm onto my lips to exfoliate them. As mentioned in other reviews, a little bit goes a long way. One tub lasts me about 12 months which is awesome. I've been blessed with quite clear skin overall (I very rarely break out) but this definitely brings out the best in my skin! This product will definitely be a staple in my skincare regimen...I can't imagine my life without it! I highly recommend this product!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by LilyLC

UPDATE:
I just want to say, like said at the end, if you have the budget and you want to try it, do it.
However, I know there are girls/women out there wishing this is the solution for their acne or other skin problems and are one a small budget. I just don't want them to spend this much money on something that probably won't work just because there is a hype around the product. I was one of those girls. I heard all these miracles and I thought it's the cure to all my skin problems and I saved all the money I could until I could buy it… And now it's half full, with no purpose :/

--------------------

I simply don't understand the hype around this product.
First of, I wouldn't call it a cream, it's more a balm.
It is very oily and doesn't absorb right away into the skin, so apply really little if you use it on your face. I did wake-up with glowing skin, but the minute I washed it, it all went away.
However, at beginning it was all OK, but after a couple of weeks it started to break me out very bad. And no, this is not your skin getting all the junk out, that's a myth. That's your skin saying: "I don't like this product, get it off me".

I tried to use it in every possible way, and none impressed me.
Not saying it didn't work, but no WOW factor, which at this price (paid 29 eur) is a must.

Tried on my feet, slathered it on and put on some socks and slept with it. It worked a bit, but I compared it with Nivea Cream and the nivea did a better job (and, fun fact, I don't even like Nivea Cream that much!).
Tried it on my lips and at the beginning it seemed OK, but it actually dried out my lips. It really didn't nurtured the lips. The moment I didn't use it (sometimes I'm just so tired I forget to put on lipbalm… and normally the following days I stop), my lips got sooo dry! I seemed like I was stranded on some deserted island! I was shocked! Because as much as I dislike this product, lipbalm was the one thing I always thought it would be good at. Stick to a labello.
It was nice on the elbows, but I'm definitely not going to spend 29 EUR on an elbow balm.
The only good thing I use this cream now for is, when I'm going out, I put this on my legs. Makes them shine and since it isn't absorbed right away, the shine stays on the skin most of the time out.

So, overall opinion: it's not "magic" as the name states. If you are on budget, it's not worth it, trust me. If you have some money to throw around and want to try, do it.

16 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by sunng

This product worked great for me when I first started using it, my scars disappeared within 3-4 days. But after using it more than a few weeks it doesn't really make anymore difference. I only use this product every now and then these days, it still makes my skin feels great in the morning but doesn't really help much with my acne scarring anymore.

Only use this at night because it doesn't smell too pleasant and it is super oily. And only apply a very thin layer on your face.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by ellaelise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know- I have a hard time believing that Urban Outfitters and urbanoutfitters.com is selling a fake. I haven't tried theirs, but according to the review a few down, they are selling fakes. Anyone have any ideas on this?

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by NickyLovesMakeUp

I had to write about this product because I was just so, so disappointed. After all the hype and the high price point I was expecting to find a new beauty staple, but this was a total waste of money and I really can't understand why so many beauty writers are giving this the time of day. Firstly the smell - so, so gross. Really musty - my friend told me I smelt like a camel! This would normally have been enough to stop me using it but as I'd paid so much I persevered. My skin's on the dry side, particularly round the elbows and knees and while this did help - I really can't say that it worked any better than any other intensive cream or body balm would have.

10 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by AidaE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish there was a "maybe" option on would you buy this product again. However, I think it's a good product for dry skin, especially used as an overnight treatment. I have eczema and have been looking for a product that is really moisturizing. Its not a miracle worker nor is it magic but, it has reduced the flaking on dry spots, minimized lines caused by dryness, and it's non-irritating. I absolutely LOVE it as an under-eye and eyelid treatment. It works better than the expensive eye creams out there. I tried it as a lip moisturizer but found it didn't do much. But it is multi-purpose and works great as a hair and scalp oil, cuticle oil, and helps remove tricky makeup. It does take a looong time to absorb and a little bit goes a long ways so there's no need to scoop it from the jar. Natural body heat will cause it to melt on your fingers and glide on your skin. The price is the biggest con. $40 dollars will give you 40z plus a 1oz travel size. However I got just the 4oz jar from Ebay for $28. But beware of the bootleg versions on Ebay and Amazon and do research on the correct packaging before purchasing. The product will last a good while although i think there may be alternative solutions to get the same effects without breaking the bank.