April 18, 2014 | 1806 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Moisture Rich foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by DCarter23103

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I've used this foundation for several years and really like it. It goes on smoothly and leaves a dewy finish that provides medium coverage. This foundation is easy to blend and I apply it with a foundation brush and then smooth it with my fingers. My experience is that it last all day with some powder touch ups and is a very good all purpose foundation.. Would definitely recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Paintspotting

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bad!

I was so glad that i found a fair colour which mathes my skin ( porcelain) so i didnt hesitate to buy it. Medium Coverage? No way! I dont see any foundation exept some ioly glow on my skin. Moisturing? I dont feel anything exept oil. Long Lasting? No. Even my Maybelline Make up was way better (up to 5 h) Bobbi Brown last max. 2 hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by najah83

I went to the Bobbi Brown counter having been an ardent fan of MAC mineralise cream compact and MAC studio sculpt fluid for quite some time, because recently a makeup aritst used bobbi brown products on my skin when making me up for my sisters wedding and I was impressed by the results. she suggested I go to bobbi brown and get matched up for a moisturising foundation because I have very dry and flaky skin, that needs a ton of moisturisers and primer before any makeup can go on it.

So, the sales advisor recommended this over bobbi brown luminous because she said that was better for ageing skin; i did protest a little because the luminos was the one i'd used at the wedding and had so many compliments over, but being pushy she really convinced me that THIS was the foundation for me.

I'm an NC 20 in MAC , dry but otherwise clear skin. She matched me up to light ivory which I believe is a really good match.

So I bought the foundation and had mixed results. My favourite way to apply foundation is to stipple and swirl with a MAC 187 and i've succesfully used this with all the foundations i've tried in the past. This one DOES not work with that brush! The best way to blend, and it IS difficult to blend considering i'm a blend in 30 second kind of gal with little time to spare, is to use a traditional foundation brush like for e.g. the MAC 190, and then blend any streaks with your fingers! I also feel that I have to use quite a lot of product (with studio sculpt a dab goes a long way, definitey not with this) to get good enough coverage. But then it looks quite heavy. I find that it is difficult to get a balance between totally sheer & heavy makeup with this foundation which is NEVER a problem i've had with MAC which is so effortlessly buildable even on my sensitive foundation-hating skin.

Having said all of this about the application process, I still like this foundation and would buy again for all its gripes. Once you've got the technique right, it looks beautiful and definietely looks and feels like a high-end product. I also like the way my mac bronzer and blushes look over this. I like the way my skin feels too, directly after applying it, it feels deliciously soft, smooth and looks pretty.

Like i've explained, it's not perfect though. After around 6-8 hours my face looks a little flakey but i'm not too bothered because by that time i don't really mind and i'm ready to wipe it all off.

conclusion: tricky to blend and build, flakes after a while, tricky to get the right coverage BUT looks and feels stunning when applied well and provides a great base for the rest of your makeup, whilst also lookin g equally great on its own.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by myra86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love it!!
I use it in 3.5 warm beige, and it is the perfect match. It is a moisturizing foundation, therefore I use it in fall-winter. In summer it would probably look greasy on me. But in cold weather it gives the perfect healthy glow with medium coverage(I think).
No matter how much product you apply, it does not look cakey.
I bought it from a sale %50 off so the price was OK for me- but the regular price in Turkey is actually pretty expensive...
It does have a nice scent.However,some might find it disturbing. I like it,though.
The only downside for me is the packaging. At this price, you've got to put a pump to your bottles !!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by nakashimayumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't believe all the people that say this is like a tinted moisturiser!!! This provides loads of coverage...for me it would be full coverage. I have to admit though, that my face is pretty clear and only really needs evening out but I feel like i have quite a thick layer. I have dry skin so i bought it because it said it was moisturising. I don't know why anyone with oily skin would even bother with it as it is obviously meant for drier skin and probably older people. You have to set this make-up though as it even makes my dry skin looking shiney. Colour match was almost spot on (porcelain) for me although I am REALLY REALLY critical of colour and I always think the shade doesn't match. I only ever wear foundation on nights out and I don't wearit during the day so my bottle has lasted me aaaages. It does seem to be a little too dark recently though but that might be because it is getting very old and I'm sure you probably need to buy a new one every year and I think it is past that now, even so I still think it hasn't changed too much.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by jtmonian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this product since I dumped Estte Lauder, but I ended up crawling back to EL. This foundation was like wearing Mary Kay all over again. It was terrible. This makeup was way off....too yelllow too white, too much moisture that was not blendable to my skin, I had to apply so much foundation to get full coverage and My friend told me I had on too much makeup for the first time out of a 6 year friendship,he could not understand why I left EL neither could I because I have always had success with EL. Botton line I RETURNED this back TO Bobbi Brown, and the only thing I liked about this product is that it was in a jar. Maybe there's a different foundation by BB that is more suitable for me but I will not give it another try.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by keivasaurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually like this foundation, it does run out quite fast so i'd love if it was a bit cheaper. The shade range is good especially for pale girls, It has SPF 15. It does claim to be moisture rich but i find after taking it off at night my skin is dried out more than usual, must be alot of alcohol in it.. Other than that it is nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Merlinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a good foundation for the winter, and with people who have normal/dry skin. I absolutely LOVE the way it smells, looks and feels. However, I have oily skin and this didn't help with that. I'm quite certain this is perfect for some people, but I have oily skin to begin with and don't need the "dewy" finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2011 8:29:00 AM More reviews by carolinev89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bobbi Brown always says that yellow-based foundations suit everyone. I really want her to meet me as proof! I swear by some other Bobbi Brown products (face base, shimmer bricks, eyeliner, concealers) but this is just awful. I was matched at the counter, and I've got to say I wasn't convinced but I thought that maybe it was the light. Mortifyingly, as I wore it people started asking me if I was ill. My Mum finally said that my foundation was totally the wrong colour (you can always rely on parents for brutal honesty). I've tried other shades to Sand but they're just too yellow too....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by sbgitana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich foundation
Currently using Warm Beige 3.5
My Skin type is Normal

I'm only beginning to wear foundation/makeup on a regular basis and been trying foundations to see which one is a match. I'm particular when it comes to texture, smell, cost and performance of products. Here's my review:

Texture: It's a good med texture: not watery nor too thick.
Finish: Matte in appearance, but not drying. Still feels like my skin can breathe.
Application: Absorbs well, moisturizing but not heavy. Smooths easily over skin. I apply with fingers.
Packaging: Glass bottle with an open top. I do prefer a pump for easier dispensing.
Odor: Clean, scent. No strong distinguishing smell. This was really important to me as I'm easily effected by smells. I really like the smell of Bobbi Brown products. I was trying out other products from another line that had a tropical and another had a citrus smell. I've realized I don't like smelling fruits on my face.
Cost: I would say it's middle range closer to higher end.
Bought at: Saks Fifth Avenue
Performance: Lasts all day. I've tested this foundation in a range of weather conditions (including in the ocean, as I surf) and it holds up well. It seems to be sweat proof with a dusting of a good powder over it in when in hot conditions.
I previously was given Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation SPF 15, but it was too drying and exchanged it for this version.
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
Overall rating for this product: EXCELLENT
I do recommend this product, and found the match for me.