October 26, 2014 | 1091 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Moisture Rich foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by MLWagner79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this recently as I have been rotating around several foundations and samples and am just not getting the balance of match, coverage, and finish that I want. I have extremely dry and flaky skin, especially in the winter. I am also quite pale (NC15) with ruddiness in my cheeks. When browsing my choices, I had this foundation, Extra Moisturizing Tinted Balm, and Extra Repair foundation all on my list of possibilities. In the past I had been matched with Warm Sand 2.5, and in those days I lived in California, was out in the sun quite a bit and had more color to my skin. I was surprised when the SA matched me again to Warm Sand 2.5 and actually asked if Porcelain (which is what I would have chosen had I been left to my own devices) would be better. She said no, she thought it would really wash me out and make me too pale, and to let her try and and we'd see what she thought. In the end I do agree with her, now having worn it in harsh indoor light and out in the sun as well. It may be like HALF a shade too dark but I think it will be versatile so I can wear it year round, and if I blend well around the jaw it looks fine.

I require a dewy finish foundation, and medium coverage due to redness in my cheeks/nose/chin. This foundation has both of these. I don't know how people could say this wears like a TM; it is not even close. If you used it VERY sheerly it could be light-medium but you would have to use the tiniest amount to get there. I put a thin layer all over using Louise Young's jumbo foundation brush (this thing is AWESOME for foundations that tend to streak with a brush), then another thin layer over the redness on my cheeks and it is definitely high coverage. Then I set with a light dusting of Smashbox Halo and it looks flawless. After this sets for a few minutes, I go back and use my fingers to blend out the creases under my eyes and nose, as this will settle there. It wears well for me, at least 8 hours. It does smell a little odd to me, like vegetable oil or something, but it fades away after awhile.

A very nice, medium/full coverage foundation with dewy finish. Does not look heavy or cakey on me at all. The only thing I did not like is that it doesn't have a pump. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by AlexaRocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this foundation and I really love it. I have never used a foundation that matched my skin so perfectly. The shade I chose was Golden which doesn't have a pink, white or orange undertone like so many other foundations that I've tried do. For reference, my previous foundation was Rimmel Match Perfection in Natural Caramel.

Most foundations I've tried have been too dark or the right color but with a white or pink undertone that makes them unwearable. This foundation has a yellow undertone and matches my skin perfectly.

It seems to last longer than any other foundation I've tried and my skin doesn't look dry or like I have on a mask of make-up. Very natural and lightweight. And the best part is my skin feels very soft and nice even after I wash my face. I definitely recommend this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by rachelmoo

For my Asian skin, I find it gentle and provide a nice coverage. Since I have dry cheek, the creamy quality provide a certain moisture and did not dry my skin. The bottle has to be handled carefully as the cream might drip out easily. The only thing that bother me is the price of the foundation. Other than that, it is a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by erdeva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this!
My skin is very dry at the moment so it suits my skin nicely. I really like the dewy look and it makes my cheeks nice and dewy. The coverage is very buildable. I thought it would be sheer but it is medium coverage (well for me anyways - I have a dark scar on my cheek which it half covers up. It is almost gone after building up on the area).

My skin look so smooth after it has gone on. I apply it with my fingers when I'm lazy and it looks good but it looks much better when applied with a brush.

My T zone looks a slightly oily but this disappears with powder.
If you had oily skin I think this would break you out. It would certainly make you shiny.

The staying power is relatively good - it probably lasts half a day after setting with powder. (This is OK for me as makeup usually slides off).

Oh and this has a strong lavendar smell - which I suppose isn't unpleasant....

I would buy this again if I continue to have dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by DCarter23103

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I've used this foundation for several years and really like it. It goes on smoothly and leaves a dewy finish that provides medium coverage. This foundation is easy to blend and I apply it with a foundation brush and then smooth it with my fingers. My experience is that it last all day with some powder touch ups and is a very good all purpose foundation.. Would definitely recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Paintspotting

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bad!

I was so glad that i found a fair colour which mathes my skin ( porcelain) so i didnt hesitate to buy it. Medium Coverage? No way! I dont see any foundation exept some ioly glow on my skin. Moisturing? I dont feel anything exept oil. Long Lasting? No. Even my Maybelline Make up was way better (up to 5 h) Bobbi Brown last max. 2 hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by najah83

I went to the Bobbi Brown counter having been an ardent fan of MAC mineralise cream compact and MAC studio sculpt fluid for quite some time, because recently a makeup aritst used bobbi brown products on my skin when making me up for my sisters wedding and I was impressed by the results. she suggested I go to bobbi brown and get matched up for a moisturising foundation because I have very dry and flaky skin, that needs a ton of moisturisers and primer before any makeup can go on it.

So, the sales advisor recommended this over bobbi brown luminous because she said that was better for ageing skin; i did protest a little because the luminos was the one i'd used at the wedding and had so many compliments over, but being pushy she really convinced me that THIS was the foundation for me.

I'm an NC 20 in MAC , dry but otherwise clear skin. She matched me up to light ivory which I believe is a really good match.

So I bought the foundation and had mixed results. My favourite way to apply foundation is to stipple and swirl with a MAC 187 and i've succesfully used this with all the foundations i've tried in the past. This one DOES not work with that brush! The best way to blend, and it IS difficult to blend considering i'm a blend in 30 second kind of gal with little time to spare, is to use a traditional foundation brush like for e.g. the MAC 190, and then blend any streaks with your fingers! I also feel that I have to use quite a lot of product (with studio sculpt a dab goes a long way, definitey not with this) to get good enough coverage. But then it looks quite heavy. I find that it is difficult to get a balance between totally sheer & heavy makeup with this foundation which is NEVER a problem i've had with MAC which is so effortlessly buildable even on my sensitive foundation-hating skin.

Having said all of this about the application process, I still like this foundation and would buy again for all its gripes. Once you've got the technique right, it looks beautiful and definietely looks and feels like a high-end product. I also like the way my mac bronzer and blushes look over this. I like the way my skin feels too, directly after applying it, it feels deliciously soft, smooth and looks pretty.

Like i've explained, it's not perfect though. After around 6-8 hours my face looks a little flakey but i'm not too bothered because by that time i don't really mind and i'm ready to wipe it all off.

conclusion: tricky to blend and build, flakes after a while, tricky to get the right coverage BUT looks and feels stunning when applied well and provides a great base for the rest of your makeup, whilst also lookin g equally great on its own.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by myra86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love it!!
I use it in 3.5 warm beige, and it is the perfect match. It is a moisturizing foundation, therefore I use it in fall-winter. In summer it would probably look greasy on me. But in cold weather it gives the perfect healthy glow with medium coverage(I think).
No matter how much product you apply, it does not look cakey.
I bought it from a sale %50 off so the price was OK for me- but the regular price in Turkey is actually pretty expensive...
It does have a nice scent.However,some might find it disturbing. I like it,though.
The only downside for me is the packaging. At this price, you've got to put a pump to your bottles !!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by nakashimayumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't believe all the people that say this is like a tinted moisturiser!!! This provides loads of coverage...for me it would be full coverage. I have to admit though, that my face is pretty clear and only really needs evening out but I feel like i have quite a thick layer. I have dry skin so i bought it because it said it was moisturising. I don't know why anyone with oily skin would even bother with it as it is obviously meant for drier skin and probably older people. You have to set this make-up though as it even makes my dry skin looking shiney. Colour match was almost spot on (porcelain) for me although I am REALLY REALLY critical of colour and I always think the shade doesn't match. I only ever wear foundation on nights out and I don't wearit during the day so my bottle has lasted me aaaages. It does seem to be a little too dark recently though but that might be because it is getting very old and I'm sure you probably need to buy a new one every year and I think it is past that now, even so I still think it hasn't changed too much.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by jtmonian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this product since I dumped Estte Lauder, but I ended up crawling back to EL. This foundation was like wearing Mary Kay all over again. It was terrible. This makeup was way off....too yelllow too white, too much moisture that was not blendable to my skin, I had to apply so much foundation to get full coverage and My friend told me I had on too much makeup for the first time out of a 6 year friendship,he could not understand why I left EL neither could I because I have always had success with EL. Botton line I RETURNED this back TO Bobbi Brown, and the only thing I liked about this product is that it was in a jar. Maybe there's a different foundation by BB that is more suitable for me but I will not give it another try.