Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich foundation

3.6

water, cyclomethicone, phenyl trimethicone, butylene glycol, dimethicone, dimethicone copolyol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, octyl methoxycinnamate, isocetyl alcohol, isohexadecane, wheat germ glycerides, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, jojoba oil, hydrogenated lecithin, whey protein, sodium hyaluronate, ascorbyl palmitate, lavender, triethyl citrate, cholesterol, linoleic acid, propylene carbonate, sorbitan stearate, dimethicone copolyol crosspolymer, quaternium-18 hectorite, HDI/trimethyol hexyllactone crosspolymer, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, laureth-7, xanthan gum, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triclosan, chloroxylenol, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica.

on 4/25/2012 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

It was my first time buying makeup all from one company. I had never really tried any liquid foundation so it was surprising when I found out that a good company like bobbi brown had sucky foundation. Firstly the lady who helped me gave me the wrong color, i didn't notice until i had used it and it was too late to return it. Secondly it is not full coverage so you still see the red bumps and i am a slightly dark person so i was surprised when it still showed. Also the makeup looks very fresh in the first hour but looks caked in the second hour even with primer and finishing powder! I don't ever want to buy from this company ever again. Shouldn't have wasted my money.

on 3/22/2012 7:13:00 PM

The colour I chose was Porcelain and it is the closest to my colouring that I have ever had from a foundation, although it is just a little too dark in contrast to my chest but I am really fussy!
The coverage is medium when built up but does go a little steaky when you put too much on the one go. It doesn't cover any of my spots of red patches but that is what I use concealer for instead.
My one big FAIL with this foundation is that it does not last. One or two hours later and it has slid of my face :( not what I would expect when paying such a high price.

on 3/21/2012 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Although I have about 8 different bases in my collection consisting of foundations & tinted moistuisers Ive always had this one on the go and generally cone back to it ime and again.

However as of late Im not liking it as i actually fall between 2 colours honey and warm natural. I have honey and find if i use too much i can look a little orange.
I also have trouble getting the finish right i can put on a layer and blend it and it looks not enough putting a second or heavier layer means it looks like im wearing foundation which i hate and looks greasy rather than dewy.

I think when I started sing this foundation it was ahead of its time but i think technology has moved on so much and i dont think bobbis foundation has. She has reformulated her oil free one nw called lasting fnish or something and her TM but not this one. Ive sad I wiuld repurcase but there are so many new ones out there that im not sure. I might try her Skin one but only if the colour is spot on. I generally like to have 3 bases at any one time to choose from - a TM, an light everydy foundation which ths wouldve been and something ith more coverage for special occasions where I know i need flawless cover if im being phoographed currently MAC Studio Sculpt.

I wear alot of Bobbis products, concealer, powder, corrector, shimmerbricks but as of late Im not too happy with this foundation - and i have almost a full bottle - oh well !

on 3/21/2012 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I bought this foundation lately and I love it! For years I have been searching for a foundation that doesn't sink into the dry patches on my skin which happens regularly with every foundation I have tried. I have an oily-ish t-zone but I get these flaky patches on my cheeks some of the time that most foundation highlights so I am delighted not having to walk around with big blotches of foundation on my skin.
It has a really nice finish on my skin, the perfect in between of matte and shiny. I love the natural looking coverage but it also builds up nicely to a full coverage for a night out, still with no patches:) I also like the lavender smell, although it mightn't be to everyone's taste.
I can never seem to find a foundation colour that suits me perfectly, apart from mac nc35 but I don't really like mac foundations on myself. I got this in natural tan and it was perfect with it's slightly yellowy tone as most others seem to be too red or white based.
The only thing that I didn't particularly like is the packaging, I find those glass bottles a bit annoying, it could do with a pump.
Overall I loved it and I will be making this my foundation of choice.

on 2/12/2012 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this recently as I have been rotating around several foundations and samples and am just not getting the balance of match, coverage, and finish that I want. I have extremely dry and flaky skin, especially in the winter. I am also quite pale (NC15) with ruddiness in my cheeks. When browsing my choices, I had this foundation, Extra Moisturizing Tinted Balm, and Extra Repair foundation all on my list of possibilities. In the past I had been matched with Warm Sand 2.5, and in those days I lived in California, was out in the sun quite a bit and had more color to my skin. I was surprised when the SA matched me again to Warm Sand 2.5 and actually asked if Porcelain (which is what I would have chosen had I been left to my own devices) would be better. She said no, she thought it would really wash me out and make me too pale, and to let her try and and we'd see what she thought. In the end I do agree with her, now having worn it in harsh indoor light and out in the sun as well. It may be like HALF a shade too dark but I think it will be versatile so I can wear it year round, and if I blend well around the jaw it looks fine.

I require a dewy finish foundation, and medium coverage due to redness in my cheeks/nose/chin. This foundation has both of these. I don't know how people could say this wears like a TM; it is not even close. If you used it VERY sheerly it could be light-medium but you would have to use the tiniest amount to get there. I put a thin layer all over using Louise Young's jumbo foundation brush (this thing is AWESOME for foundations that tend to streak with a brush), then another thin layer over the redness on my cheeks and it is definitely high coverage. Then I set with a light dusting of Smashbox Halo and it looks flawless. After this sets for a few minutes, I go back and use my fingers to blend out the creases under my eyes and nose, as this will settle there. It wears well for me, at least 8 hours. It does smell a little odd to me, like vegetable oil or something, but it fades away after awhile.

A very nice, medium/full coverage foundation with dewy finish. Does not look heavy or cakey on me at all. The only thing I did not like is that it doesn't have a pump. continued >>

on 2/4/2012 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just bought this foundation and I really love it. I have never used a foundation that matched my skin so perfectly. The shade I chose was Golden which doesn't have a pink, white or orange undertone like so many other foundations that I've tried do. For reference, my previous foundation was Rimmel Match Perfection in Natural Caramel.

Most foundations I've tried have been too dark or the right color but with a white or pink undertone that makes them unwearable. This foundation has a yellow undertone and matches my skin perfectly.

It seems to last longer than any other foundation I've tried and my skin doesn't look dry or like I have on a mask of make-up. Very natural and lightweight. And the best part is my skin feels very soft and nice even after I wash my face. I definitely recommend this foundation.

on 1/7/2012 11:55:00 AM

For my Asian skin, I find it gentle and provide a nice coverage. Since I have dry cheek, the creamy quality provide a certain moisture and did not dry my skin. The bottle has to be handled carefully as the cream might drip out easily. The only thing that bother me is the price of the foundation. Other than that, it is a keeper.

on 1/7/2012 4:33:00 AM

Love this!
My skin is very dry at the moment so it suits my skin nicely. I really like the dewy look and it makes my cheeks nice and dewy. The coverage is very buildable. I thought it would be sheer but it is medium coverage (well for me anyways - I have a dark scar on my cheek which it half covers up. It is almost gone after building up on the area).

My skin look so smooth after it has gone on. I apply it with my fingers when I'm lazy and it looks good but it looks much better when applied with a brush.

My T zone looks a slightly oily but this disappears with powder.
If you had oily skin I think this would break you out. It would certainly make you shiny.

The staying power is relatively good - it probably lasts half a day after setting with powder. (This is OK for me as makeup usually slides off).

Oh and this has a strong lavendar smell - which I suppose isn't unpleasant....

I would buy this again if I continue to have dry skin.

on 1/1/2012 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've used this foundation for several years and really like it. It goes on smoothly and leaves a dewy finish that provides medium coverage. This foundation is easy to blend and I apply it with a foundation brush and then smooth it with my fingers. My experience is that it last all day with some powder touch ups and is a very good all purpose foundation.. Would definitely recommend.

on 12/31/2011 8:09:00 PM

Bad!

I was so glad that i found a fair colour which mathes my skin ( porcelain) so i didnt hesitate to buy it. Medium Coverage? No way! I dont see any foundation exept some ioly glow on my skin. Moisturing? I dont feel anything exept oil. Long Lasting? No. Even my Maybelline Make up was way better (up to 5 h) Bobbi Brown last max. 2 hours.